AP Snack Shop wont give credit

labryan3

I'm working on this AP snack machine. Most of the time it works fine. But then it'll take your dollar but wont give a credit. The screen doesn't change. It wont give it back. Nothing, I put a new door switch on it but that didn't help.   

Thanks in advance!

we need as much info as you can provide to help you. Manufacturer and model of machine. Make and model of your validator and coin mech. Is it factory specs or has there been any upgrades to te board?

Sorry! Its a Crane 461 with a Coinco BP2BX 34vDC bill validator and Mar TRC-6510 MDB coin mech. I had a card reader on it but it wasn't paying off so thats been diconnected. It  didn't make any difference though. I checked for loose coonections but couldn't find anything obvious. 

Switch out the bp validator. Also check to see if the bills are getting stacked really unevenly. If the chassis isn't perfect, it can cause them to do all kinds of weird stuff.  I had four and sold one good one off. Two others are problematic. 

• 1 month later...

OK I swapped out the coinco BP2BX bill validator with card reader mask, with a Conlux  NBM 3110 and its working great! The problem now is I had to cut a 3 1/2" x 4 1/4" opening for the coinco BP2BX bill validator with card reader so a regular bill validator looks third world or worse. I called Vendors Exchange and they gave me no options but I don't want to put another coinco in there. Should I be shopping for a new door or does Mei, Conlux, or other validators with card reader masks use the same over size opening to mount them?

Thanks

The card reader masks from Coinco and MEI are supposed to fit inside the exact same footprint as any other validator so I don't know what you mean. I do remember though that to put a MEI card reader mask in an AP7600 that the validator opening had to be ground larger just a bit so I could be wrong.  Post a photo of how it looks.

Archived