Key question

Kalleberg

I've got some old Gabriel / NW machines where all the locks are keyed the same.  However I've only got one key for them and it is beginning to get fatigued.  I've been to a number of locksmiths and they don't seem to be able to find the blank in order to cut a duplicate.  Has anyone seen a blank like the attached and know where I might be able to find one or more?  I think it kinda looks like an Eagle key but I'm not sure. The only identifier on it states "M21".

Thanks

20170916_143620.jpg

20170916_143605.jpg

I have a few of these old machines out on route still. I know at least one still uses the M21 key (sorry I have no extras) but I believe I switched the other ones over to Oak locks. If you can't find a back up M21 key you may try a Oak or Northwestern lock and that should solve the back up key issue since those keys are easily found.

15 hours ago, Kalleberg said:

Yeah - I may have to go that route but I was hoping to avoid scrapping the locks I'm already using if possible.  Unfortunately a new key may not be possible.

I have 17 locks on the classified 

I finally got in touch with Eagle and sent them the  pics of the key.  They confirmed that it wasn't one of theirs and that their key style hasn't changed in the past 20 years.  I guess I'm out of luck.  I have to admit though that they were VERY helpful over the phone.  A live person quickly answered and was very helpful even when there was no purchase involved.  Much better than most of the other vendors out there who seem to want to avoid even selling a machine.  Looks like I'm just going to need to replace the locks before my only key breaks due to metal fatigue.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived