Does anyone know what machine this is/help out with an issue?

Edit** ARGH doing this from my phone and its making it impossible to add the proper pic, I'm making another post that shoukd have the proper pic

Hi all, this is a machine I got in a route purchase that I later realized I got the bad end of the deal on... Does anyone know what it is?

Also, the other day I went there and it wasn't taking money. Bills or coins. I checked the coin mech to make sure it was full, it was. I restarted the machine, no help. I also tried a different coin mech and unplugged the bill validator (I did not have the proper harness on me to try a new coin mech WITH the bill validator). 

I figure of the bill validator and the coin mech are both out the problem is probably shared? 

Would love your suggestions and help!!

IMG_20170921_105058.jpg

From your other pic it's a DN 368 single price.  If the issue isn't an open vend circuit on one of the motors then it could be a bad coin mech.  If the mech is a TRC6800H then you're okay with the mech but if it's an older MC5800 model you'll need to junk it and replace it.  You definitely need to upgrade the VFM validator in it as well.

19 hours ago, allen watson said:

Check for a "credit" in the machine by pressing any selection button with product in it. Sometimes the motors "coast" past the notch and a credit stays in the system. Just a guess. 

I'm guessing I tried that, but will try again, hopefully it's that easy! I'm going back on Thursday to spend some one-on-one time with the machine... I'm really hoping it's a short session though!

11 hours ago, AZVendor said:

From your other pic it's a DN 368 single price.  If the issue isn't an open vend circuit on one of the motors then it could be a bad coin mech.  If the mech is a TRC6800H then you're okay with the mech but if it's an older MC5800 model you'll need to junk it and replace it.  You definitely need to upgrade the VFM validator in it as well.

Right when I think I was begin to understand vending technical terms 101 I read this! Any chance you could elaborate more on your 3 points? Also, the mech is an TRC-6800H.

DN 368 single price is the machine you have, DN 368 is the make and model, single price refers to the machine's capability of a single price for all selections.

Vend circuit is a circuit in the machine, check the manual for schematics.

MC5800 is the predecessor to the TRC 6800, and is obsolete.

VFM is the predecessor to the VN2000 bill validators, and is also obsolete.

What does an "open vend circuit mean"? Perhaps a wire fell off one of the motors or something? I did actually just have to mess with a motor the last time I was there... maybe there's a correlation... HOWEVER, the machine did take some money since I left, so I know it was working for at least a little while after I messed with the motor. 

As for the validator, if I left it there for a while it won't cause any harm, will it? 

If it worked after messing with the motor, then the motor was either jammed or coasted too far leaving the vend circuit open. The vend circuit being "open" is kind of like showing $1.00 on a display when all prices are below $1.00.  The machine won't take any more money until a selection made.  The catch is that a selection cannot be made and no more money can be inserted UNTIL the physical problem is fixed.  In other words, one single jammed motor, or a bad switch, or a switch arm that's not in the notch on tbe cam because the motor coasted too far... any of those physical errors will leave the machine unoperational.  On single price machines, everything needs to be plugged in and all switches must be working and in the notches for the machine to complete a full circuit.  So when soneone says the vend circuit is open, it means the machine cannot do anything until everything is back in order.  If a single switch is somehow not pressed or is pressed when it shouldn't be, the machine can't move on and the coin mech (and thus, the validator) are out of order.  If the vend circuit is open, it will take NO money.  The LEDs won't even be on.  If the coin mech is the problem, it MIGHT still take bills depending on the problem.

You can temporarily remedy a bad switch on a specific column by emptying the column and making sure the switch arm is properly in the cam.  This will prevent anyone from using that selection and possibly putting the machine out of order.  I have a machine with a bent rotor that kept getting jammed.  I just emptied the whole thing and moved that selection to a different column.  That's problem solved until i can replace the machine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2017 at 7:12 PM, AngryChris said:

If it worked after messing with the motor, then the motor was either jammed or coasted too far leaving the vend circuit open. The vend circuit being "open" is kind of like showing $1.00 on a display when all prices are below $1.00.  The machine won't take any more money until a selection made.  The catch is that a selection cannot be made and no more money can be inserted UNTIL the physical problem is fixed.  In other words, one single jammed motor, or a bad switch, or a switch arm that's not in the notch on tbe cam because the motor coasted too far... any of those physical errors will leave the machine unoperational.  On single price machines, everything needs to be plugged in and all switches must be working and in the notches for the machine to complete a full circuit.  So when soneone says the vend circuit is open, it means the machine cannot do anything until everything is back in order.  If a single switch is somehow not pressed or is pressed when it shouldn't be, the machine can't move on and the coin mech (and thus, the validator) are out of order.  If the vend circuit is open, it will take NO money.  The LEDs won't even be on.  If the coin mech is the problem, it MIGHT still take bills depending on the problem.

You can temporarily remedy a bad switch on a specific column by emptying the column and making sure the switch arm is properly in the cam.  This will prevent anyone from using that selection and possibly putting the machine out of order.  I have a machine with a bent rotor that kept getting jammed.  I just emptied the whole thing and moved that selection to a different column.  That's problem solved until i can replace the machine.

You were spot on. It was the motor I worked on. Evidently the main power switch on the motor wasn't plugged in all the way, and the, and the switch was in a valley, when it should not have been.

Archived