breaking into soda machines

Starcat

I have currently 15 bulk candy machines, i am hoping to break into soda vending, 

1, does anyone have any advice?

2, i am terrible at finding locations and hire rodney to do my candy machines, is there a good person for soda machines?

3, any advice for which soda machines to buy? 

1 hour ago, Starcat said:

I have currently 15 bulk candy machines, i am hoping to break into soda vending, 

1, does anyone have any advice?

2, i am terrible at finding locations and hire rodney to do my candy machines, is there a good person for soda machines?

3, any advice for which soda machines to buy? 

Stick to cans only starting out. Easier to handle and you'll get better deals on those locally. 

I actually find it easier to locate soda machines than gumball machines. You're going to pay quite a bit for a locator and there is no way of knowing how well it's going to do. Its the same with bulk locating, but your looking at probably $300-500 for one location. 

A far as machines to use, I think the easiest to start with and learn on its a Dixie Narco. Royals are awesome(my favorite actually) but they can have some programming that might seem complicated to someone starting out. I'd say find yourself a clean used Dixie narco 501e and you'll be set on equipment. I can usually find them for around $500 or less in my area. 

The easiest locations that make money are motel/hotel accounts.  You do need to have multi-price machines plus pay commission, they are normally happy to have machines with different flavors.  If they have a Pepsi setup, offer to add a Coke.  Also for whatever reason, 7-Up products sell really well in middle-income hotels.   Plus their water is cheaper and will not get stuck.

Motels love Grape, Lemonade, Orange and Root Beer.  My two cents.  Best Westerns are the best (Part of the Patel Group).

Archived