Quick Help? Moving vending machines / cost?

anoncow

Hello, I was told yesterday to move two machines out of a location ASAP.

I am new to this and got the location with the machines already placed, so I have no experience moving them.

One is a Wittern 3500 10 selection drink machine, the other a Wittern full size snack machine.

There is one doorway, but otherwise it will just be ground floor to ground floor, about 10 miles away.

I have one quote at $385 per machine so far, not sure what sort of quote is decent.

Not sure if I can rent equipment and do it myself, or buy equipment. I know I've read people using a narrow pallet jack, I don't see any listed locally for sale. I did see a "Taylor Uni-Lift 600 Appliance Furniture Mover Dolly" for sale, it says 800lb capacity, not sure is that would be something I could use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, already a crummy situation, thank you in advance.

You must be getting quotes from people not in the vending business.  With no stairs and flat ground you shouldn't have to pay a vending machine mover more than $90 per machine tops.  I charged $65 per and that's with a liftgate service truck, Dutro dolly, pallet jack and flat 4 wheel dolly.  AND I knew how to do it properly and safely.  You need to find someone in the business who can do this for you.  Find a local machine distributor and see if they will do it for you.  Otherwise they should be able to recommend someone to you.

Here it is 80$ and they charge 2$ per stairs.The price include delivery in Montreal and the suburds.I have been using the same company for years..Send them the infos..They pick up and deliver..I dont have to show up for that.When I owe them around 400$ I pay my tab

Wow, anyone recommend someone in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area (i.e., Cheapest I can find so far is a couple office movers who want $108/hour for two guys, and of course they start the clock the second they leave the warehouse, so I am looking at a minimum 2 hours (i.e., $216+) every time I need a machine moved.

The high cost of moves has made me leery of buying machines already on location for precisely this reason (i.e., the high cost of moving if they need to go even 10 feet).

Archived