Private school wants machines

I have an account there that way  The only way I would do it is if they can come on five minutes before school gets out so the kids can use them after school and have them on before school takes in and talk to him about being on during lunch Periods

4 hours ago, Joe101us said:

I have an account there that way  The only way I would do it is if they can come on five minutes before school gets out so the kids can use them after school and have them on before school takes in and talk to him about being on during lunch Periods

I make about 2500 a month no comishan 

Some missing info, for instance, how many students in the school and what ages/grade levels?  When you say private school, it could be 30 or 3,000.... a small school with only after school activity sale times likely would never pay off; if they have a very large student body with lots of after school activities it could be a very good account.  Same with age; elementary and middle school students may not be as active after school hours because of parent transportation issues.  If they have an after school day care for younger students who could use the machine that might help, but the product mix would have to be geared towards younger customers.

In California, this is State Law for public schools.  Vendors do it because the money is good enough to set up the machines.  We have been allowed to put snack machines in the High Schools and Middle schools as long as they are off when school is in. They can come on exactly at last bell but must be off at first bell.  

The normal High school with 1000 or more students $300 per week per machine. I try daily to line up schools or districts.  3 drink 3 snack.  The lines at the machines are crazy for a couple of hours. With the sports teams, drill teams and all of the after school stuff you have to service min. daily. 

If you want to have your machines on all day, they have to be 100% healthy. Some schools stick to this and all they have is drink machines selling waters.

On 11/2/2017 at 3:38 PM, allen watson said:

If my schools ever went to this I would pull them out. 

I notice you are in California.  Please let me know how you have been able to do vending in CA without turning the machines off.  What is the trick?  Please share. Even Healthy Machines have to be off now.  Here is the new ruling. But if you found a way please please let us know.
https://www.cde.ca.gov/ls/nu/sn/mbsnp032014.asp

• 2 weeks later...

My county has removed vending machines except for the colleges, but they want outside machines, mine are indoor machines. I do have a Ballet School and it is allowed to stay on, and the machine items are mostly healthy ones. The biggest “no no” in it fruit snacks (Annie’s Organic). 

Down side is when school is out of session, but when it is, those little ballerina’s and ballero’s can work up an appetite.

As long as the school (private school) does NOT receive federal or state money, they can run whatever they want in a vending machine.  Only those schools that receive gov't monies must remain compliant to the nutritional guidelines.  

I am only really familiar with CA laws.  And yes Private Schools can do as they please but in CA even private schools want healthy.  Allen Watson several of my vending companies have installed both types of machines.  Water only and Energy drink, Coke, Pepsi, etc.  They turn on those machines after the last bell then back on the next day.  They do really really well.  You might give it a try and yep those teachers lounge machines are really really slow except in Middle and High School because the students just walk in and buy from them.  They weren't born yesterday;D

On 11/20/2017 at 10:56 PM, taysha said:

Poplady1 I read this as compliant food can be sold during school hours, i.e. Foods that are school smart snack compliant.  But I am in Indiana...

I think you are right. 

On 11/4/2017 at 1:29 PM, allen watson said:

I don’t sell any snacks. Just water and Gatorade/Powerade at private schools. I also provide the staff with snack and drink machines although they are very slow. 

Several of my vending companies have installed both types of machines at the same school.  Water only and Energy drink, Coke, Pepsi, etc.  They turn on those machines after the last bell then back on the next day using landscape timers.  They do really really well.  You might give it a try and yep those teachers lounge machines are really really slow except in Middle and High School because the students just walk in and buy from them.  They weren't born yesterday;D

Archived