Dixie 600 question

A couple of times now while loading the machine a single can from the number 5 column suddenly dropped.  I've also had a few reports of people not getting that selection when purchased, leading me to believe a single can drops from that column from time to time, without the motor turning.  Thoughts?

This happened to me on a 501 mpc.  It was missing a shim (needs two on both sides).  I remedied my problem by changing the cam to vend 2-deep (2 notches on narrow column) and adjusted the back spacer.  

The DN600s have always been notorious for warped side walls between wide columns after many years of service selling cans, especially with bottler machines.  Think hundreds of thousands of cans sold from one machine.  The weight of all that product can warp the side walls which can't be repaired.  The only fix when this happens is to put less product in the columns to prevent the weight from distorting the side walls, assuming that you do have all the correct shims and that the columns are set up properly.  If this is an E model then the issue is probably not as common since there would only be one wide column and most E models have been converted to bottles which aren't as likely to cause the distortion.  If this is a T model then you will be subject to the sidewall distortion.

It could be the motor for that column over running just enough to make it fall out. If it’s a model with the door switch, you can hold down the switch for that particular column & then press the door switch to get the motor to home. If it is an older model with the triple switch it should run when you press the switch for that column. You can always just run money through the machine too. You should hear a solid click & the motor stop running when it comes to the next stop on the cam. If it goes a little too far it could be a sticky motor brake, maybe a missing or stretched spring in the motor brake or a broken motor stop (I can’t remember what it is called, but it’s a little white piece of plastic that has an L shape at the end that stops the very center of the motor at the end of the cycle. 

Archived