'Reconditioned' Automatic Products 213

57thTom

A 213 was delivered today. It's set up to sell 12 oz. coffee. Unfortunatly, the water only gets up to 135 degrees. That's just not hot enough, as I learned for certain, because the sugar won't even dissolve and not plug the tubes.

Would that be a heatng element? I waited much longer than a half hour for the water to heat up. I checked the temp and the thermometer  used indcated 135 degrees.

There is a red light on the side of the tank that indicates if the heater in powered up or not.  If it is on your thermostat has not been satisfied.  From a fresh fill  mine usually takes between  50-60 minutes to reach temp 

If the heaters, upper and lower, turn off and the water output is 135 then you have Freeze Dried thermostats in it.  That temperature is sufficient to dissolve sugar though so your sugar is probably not good enough.  You should use C&H Pure Cane sugar from a grocery store and then make sure your sugar throw is adjusted properly in the programming.  If you have a non-freeze dried machine then you do need to also change your thermostats to 180 degree parts so that you can properly extract the coffee from the grounds.  Otherwise you will have weak coffee that can't be fixed any other way.

If this is a freeze dried machine then you don't need or want the higher temp thermostats and your problem is the sugar or the sugar throw.

We use mostly FD coffee and we have all our thermostats set to 180 degress so as to properly  dissolve all products. I think 135 is way to low for that. That was why I say it takes close to one hour to heat up to proper temp from fresh fill. Does the light still indicate that the hester is on?

3 hours ago, cvending said:

Does the light still indicate that the hester is on?

Not this morning. I tried to reset the over temperature safety thermostat on the overflow pipe. No good. it won't depress.

When I took the plate off to access the thermostat reset I found the toggle handle of one of the circuit breakers laying at the bottom. That doesn't sound good. It is the one to the right ofthe 18 amp one, right next to the power plug.

Then they have the wrong thermostats in it.  Along with the other issues like a broken circuit breaker how did anyone call this reconditioned?  Did they even rebuild the valves and whippers?  Was it even clean top to bottom?  Did they delime the tank?

Seller came and fixed. Water heats to 180 degrees. It was a mix-up with the unexpected delivery. No water turned on. I'm lucky no damage to the water heater.

On 1/19/2018 at 9:12 AM, AZVendor said:

Did they even rebuild the valves and whippers?

No, not the whippers, even though they still run during the purge cycle. The valves look good and don't leak around them.

Was it even clean top to bottom?

No. I have spent a couple of hours with a pail of soapy water and and a pail of clear water starting to clean these two machines up.

Did they delime the tank?

I have my suspicions. There was no rebuld sheet with the machines.

These two machines are only for 12 0z. cups of coffee. One has decaf. I hope they run for a while.

21 hours ago, 57thTom said:

Seller came and fixed. Water heats to 180 degrees. It was a mix-up with the unexpected delivery. No water turned on. I'm lucky no damage to the water heater.

No, not the whippers, even though they still run during the purge cycle. The valves look good and don't leak around them.

No. I have spent a couple of hours with a pail of soapy water and and a pail of clear water starting to clean these two machines up.

I have my suspicions. There was no rebuld sheet with the machines.

These two machines are only for 12 0z. cups of coffee. One has decaf. I hope they run for a while.

Then it wasn't golpher rebuilt, maybe "clean" and "working" at best.

5 minutes ago, orsd said:

Then it wasn't golpher rebuilt, maybe "clean" and "working" at best.

Exactly.

In both of those machines somebody cleaned the troughs with a screwdriver or a knife. I have to spend 15 minutes cleaning sugar, creamer and coffee buildup out of them every three days. I doubt there is a true fix for that.

If you want new troughs then send me a photo of the inside of your machine assembled with tags on the ones you need to replace and I'll see if I have troughs for it.  I still have a couple of FDX machines that I can part out if needed.  rbepic4gatgmaildotcom

Archived