Ready to start vending machine business in Florida

954marc

Greetings everyone, I am looking yo get information on what i will need to do to start my vending machine business in florida. I heard i have to go through sunbiz to get my llc but i would like to get in contact with someone on here tbat has done it and can point me in the right direction. Thank you all in advance. 

46 minutes ago, 954marc said:

Thank you so much!! What are some reasons to stay away  from those types of machinery?

Invest in some time to read thru prior posts here on the forum; there is a ton of good info here.  As for the short answer on combo machines - capacity is too small, have to be serviced too often if they are in a good location.  Also, many are imported and have poor or no parts or tech support.  Where are you in Florida?

Companies try to sell you on the idea that you can buy a brand new combo machine that will "vend anything" for less than the cost of two full size machines, but two full size machines literally do the same thing and at LEAST double your capacity.  For example, if you are selling bottles, a combo may have two trays with 8 selections each (16 total) and hold 6 bottles per selection for a total of 96 bottles.  A royal 650 will hold something like 288 bottles.  So right there you have triple the capacity.  And a snack machine will likely double your snack capacity compared to a combo and also generate more sales due to more selections.  Soda sales account for almost 2/3 of sales.  In a good location, a combo machine may need to be restocked 3x as often as two full size machines.  If the combo was $5k, the two full-size may be $8k combined.  Or you could get two refurbished machines for under $4k depending on your area.

10 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

Invest in some time to read thru prior posts here on the forum; there is a ton of good info here.  As for the short answer on combo machines - capacity is too small, have to be serviced too often if they are in a good location.  Also, many are imported and have poor or no parts or tech support.  Where are you in Florida?

Buy used equipment and learn to fix it yourself.  Snack machines are easiest to learn and most operate the same way.  Drink machines are more intricate especially when dealing with circuit boards.  More things to troubleshoot with a drink machine than a snack.  But used is the way to go.  You can find older machines dirt cheap and most can be upgraded to MDB and even credit card capable.  Stay away from older drink machines, if they are not MDB, then they will be single price, cash-only.  Not bad machines if you have a spot like a tire shop or something to put it, but most locations are going to need cashless.  Good luck.

Archived