Name that Northwestern Clone!

Mehehe

Curiosity abounds on this one.  I cant find any numbers anywhere on any of the parts.  One of the glass globes was replaced with a NW Glass globe the other is generic.  If anyone has information I would love to hear it.

-The Lid, Hopper, Chute Door and Base are all plastic.  Chute door has two washers on the back to make weight.

-The Body is metal.

-Coin Mech, Chute and Chute Cover are all really good copies or have been replaced.

Generic1.jpg

Generic2.jpg

Generic3.jpg

Over the years I have acquired some of these machines when buying routes. They were actually pretty dependable but were rough and the plastic globes always (as mentioned above) looked terrible so I eventually replaced them. Those glass globes appear to be Northwestern.

We went to our first NbVA convention in I think 1998 in Orlando & Gabriel vending brought a semi truck loaded with Ashland machine's to sell at show, they built the machines. Their semi trailer had a pictures of Ashland machine's painted or wrapped on trailer it looked good. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Didn't take any photos, back before smart phone's. Gabriel was from New Jersey & had machines all over the country. When Oak & Northwestern's patent expired different companies copied their machine's ( Gabriel, A&A, Eagle) exactly to the size & design saving them big $ on engineering & design.