Any trick to loading a Dixie Narco glassfront beverage machine?

We just bought a used Dixie Narco glassfront beverage machine.  We typically used AMS beverage machines.  The AMS has a tray that can be pulled out and new product loaded behind the old product.  But with the Dixie Narco, because it does not have a tray that slides out, we have to unload the old product, put in the new product, and then put the old product back in.  What a hassle!! Does anyone know any tricks to make it easier to load a Dixie Narco glassfront machine?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by garytvmg

If I'm in a hurry I simply take the 3rd product in a column and push it back and place the new product in front of it, that way there are at least 2 cold ones up front for each selection... but best practice is first in, first out.

• Like 1

with items having multiple rows, I will empty the first row and place warm product in the rear, moving cold product over to empty the second row, repeat to the last row and front that with the cold product from the first row.  cuts down on a little handling and spreads the new product over the back of the selection for better rotation.  it's a little work but I grew up stocking the old style chest coolers in our country store so I have to say glass fronts are easier than that anyway!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

with items having multiple rows, I will empty the first row and place warm product in the rear, moving cold product over to empty the second row, repeat to the last row and front that with the cold product from the first row.  cuts down on a little handling and spreads the new product over the back of the selection for better rotation.  it's a little work but I grew up stocking the old style chest coolers in our country store so I have to say glass fronts are easier than that anyway!!

I know exactly what you're saying and you probably explained it as good as anyone could but it still may not make sense to someone who hasn't done it lol

Let me preface this by saying none of this is really feasible, I did this years ago for a client calling up about too many empty columns in a bottledrop. I'm assuming its a DN 5800, if you're super diligent about your planogram you can set custom space to sales and set it so that any number of columns are linked, so if A1,A2,A3 are linked and choose selection A3 3 times it will vend A1 then A2, then A3 repeat. I can't remember if you can link A1,A2,A3 so you can make it sell out A1 then sell out A2 then sell out A3. 

• 1 month later...