Lights Inside Machines

Zachsea

Out of curiosoty Ive always heard lights burned out inside of drink and snack machines have decreased sales all around because peoples first impression is the machine is turned off BUT has anyone here actually experimented with this and noticed a drop in sales at a location where the lights burned out. if so what were your results or did you even notice the difference? 

If you want your machines to look presentable and the most professional then don't be a cheapskate - replace your burned out bulbs.  Your competition uses things like that, sold out selections, ugly selection labels, handwritten prices, dirty machines, etc. to expose your weaknesses when trying to get your accounts.  If you're too lazy to do things professionally then you deserve to lose accounts to your competition.  As an operator I never allowed my lights to remain out and everything I mentioned above was done professionally, period.  I never "experimented" with any of this.

Edited by AZVendor

We keep our bulbs going in our machines too but was just seeing if anyone here had gone without replacing them and noticed a decrease in their sales. 

most of my machines have lights, and yes, they do burn out, eventually the machine is so used up that by the time I get to replace the bulb its time for a new machine, then again I haven't changed my machines in years, and what I try to do is keep the lights on the snacks mostly, and its true, I use USI machines, ppl will come up and look at the snacks and say "now all I need is a drink" but the drink machine lights are off, the machine works though, and I would let them know, I know its just me being lazy, so I tried to retrofit the USI machines to take LED lights, problem is, every time I put in a bulb, it burns out a few min later, someone before me even had a separate wire for lights. since then I have not tried again, I'm not cheap on the lights, I just don't see them as being needed in some locations that are open till 6pm and there's plenty of light outside, or its the only machine in the location, some machines I have fixed up and installed LED, but then they go off due to a setting I'm not aware of. the machines will always make cash, more cash bc of the lights, maybe, a few dollars here and there, its like having a cc reader, you'll get more sales, but at this point I'm not looking for a quick sale even though that's what I need, considering I run single man operation, I can only get to so many places in time. yes lights do affect the visual view of the machine, ppl will buy from a golpher and a new machine, when you're hungry, and there's no place to eat within 4 square blocks, believe me, you're gonna use my machine :P