Candy honor boxes

Vend79

9 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Duh,  read this forum instead of asking a generic, non-specific question like this.  The forum has answers to probably any question you have.  All you need to do is use the search box.  The quick answer is you put snacks in a box.  You place the box in a business.  People want a snack and put money in the box when they eat one, you hope.  You later swap the box for a full one and count the money in the removed box.

No need to get snarky this is a website to discuss vending  information and I wanted information on honor boxes because I’m not too familiar with them... but I’ll search elsewhere since it’s a problem that I’m  asking a simple question.

1 hour ago, Vend79 said:

I wanted information on honor boxes because I’m not too familiar with them...

If you end up going elsewhere you wont see this but...

You are asking a very generic question that would take pages and pages of typing to answer.  You posted this question in a specific subsection of this vending forum that is dedicated to the exact type of vending you asked about.  There are 17 pages of threads and probably thousands of posts that will give you the answers you are probably looking for.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Actually that's not true. Everybody tends to be narcissist. By that I mean they don't write post with all info. needed. Basic reporting concept => Who? What? Why? where? and How?  Like if your going to say honor boxes, then say who's honor boxes. Were did you get them? did you make them yourself? If your going to say you placed them, then say whether or not you used a company to find the locations for you or did you just go to the yellow pages. I don't have time to read thousands of post on whining about theft or mark-up. And WHY? isn't this site doing ads for those types of companies? You have all these other ads on the side of my screen why aren't there any ads displayed for companies who sell honor box's or sell box placement locations. Its been a week and I'm no further along than when I started. I came to this site for the basic tools to get started in a vending (box) business. Fundamental concept here folks. If this site can't help me out then how can I help this site out? 

On 8/22/2019 at 2:31 PM, Jescarter said:

Actually that's not true. Everybody tends to be narcissist. By that I mean they don't write post with all info. needed. Basic reporting concept => Who? What? Why? where? and How?  Like if your going to say honor boxes, then say who's honor boxes. Were did you get them? did you make them yourself? If your going to say you placed them, then say whether or not you used a company to find the locations for you or did you just go to the yellow pages. I don't have time to read thousands of post on whining about theft or mark-up. And WHY? isn't this site doing ads for those types of companies? You have all these other ads on the side of my screen why aren't there any ads displayed for companies who sell honor box's or sell box placement locations. Its been a week and I'm no further along than when I started. I came to this site for the basic tools to get started in a vending (box) business. Fundamental concept here folks. If this site can't help me out then how can I help this site out? 

I will be glad to answer any specific question you may have about honor boxes.  I don't care how many you ask, I will answer them all to the best of my ability.  However, I do not have time to go into every single detail about the honor box business or i wouldn't have time to even run my route lol.  Just don't overthink it and don't try to absorb to much information at one time.  Where are you at with you business?  Have you ordered boxes, have you placed any?  Just trying to figure how far along you are.  So go ahead, fire your questions at me

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:53 PM, Vend79 said:

Hello

I would like to know how the candy honor boxes work? I’m not really familiar with them. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Candy honor boxes are full of candy. They are done on the honor system (honor = honesty). People take candy and leave money... if they are honorable!

Now you are familiar with them. GL

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that we want better questions, but we need to remember these are people who are new at this. They are trying to get their barrings. This can be overwhelming at the beginning, and it doesn't help that many of these people are a little scared about trying something new.

Sure, tell them to search the forums, there's nothing wrong with that. But I would ask that we try to stay respectful. The forum is here to help people, not scare them off. 

I started off as a dumb newbie, and eventually I've moved up to a dumb admin. I remember searching the forum and the first few search results brought up threads each of which said "search the forum". 

Good point.  I recently started a route after researching here.  Researching and reading old content takes a lot of time and effort.  The information is there but takes a lot of digging thru posts going back more than 5 years to find most of what I was looking for.

It's not like this forum is overrun with too much content, or posters, so just telling people to research, or being rude, doesn't really help the forum.  Forum growth would help even the most experienced long time posters here as well.

When much of the content needed exists here, but is 5 yrs old, it wouldn't hurt to offer updated information to newbies.

That said, I recently started a candy/mint box route and put out 100 boxes to start so if anyone has questions I can help with I'll be happy to help.  If anyone has adviceI'd appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Vending Dude,

I've done the same, but with 50 boxes.  Would be interested in where you are located, how long it took you to locate the boxes (did you locate on your own?), and what your numbers look like so far.  Also, what types of candies are you putting in your boxes?