Ideal sales per service

Anyone have something they use to gauge how often an account should be serviced?  The reason I ask is because I have quite a few accounts that I think could go longer service cycles if I did the little extra work to stock them properly (ie. double up on best sellers and remove slower sellers).  I have heard that it's ideal to have them at percentages such as 35% and I have also heard cash sales.  Obviously, I would love to go to a machine completely empty (when it was completely full) and collect all of those sales without having unhappy customers but we all know that just doesn't work.  So how do you gauge it?  I am leaning toward collecting $150 per 5-wide and $120 per 4-wide and about $150 per soda machine as long as they aren't small like a 276.

Offline or online?  It's much easier to space out services properly on-line of course.  Off line you need to have some system to track sales, and try to restock before the vendouts become excessive.    It's good to get at least $100 per machine per service but not always practical with smaller machines.

4 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

Offline or online?

Both.  Case in point: one account in a cluster of 11 barely lasts 2 weeks while the others could almost go 3.  Should I just take it out of the cluster and do the rest every 3 weeks?  Should I keep them all at 2 weeks and keep a dedicated day for them?  Or should I service them all as they need, which could be any day of the week?  They are within close proximity.  That's just one example but I think you'll get my point.

3 hours ago, AngryChris said:

Both.  Case in point: one account in a cluster of 11 barely lasts 2 weeks while the others could almost go 3.  Should I just take it out of the cluster and do the rest every 3 weeks?  Should I keep them all at 2 weeks and keep a dedicated day for them?  Or should I service them all as they need, which could be any day of the week?  They are within close proximity.  That's just one example but I think you'll get my point.

As needed any day of the week. You shouldn't be opening any machine unless it meets your cash pull criteria or you're standing right next to it. Of course that means you'll have to properly merchandise every machine so the pulls you want are realistic. I liked to keep my snack and soda machines par set together so if the soda was the money maker and the snack was less revenue I'd stock them both to however many days the soda could last with the given selections based on 3-6 weeks historical data. Results in less spoils and faster services.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, vendcobros said:

As needed any day of the week. You shouldn't be opening any machine unless it meets your cash pull criteria or you're standing right next to it. Of course that means you'll have to properly merchandise every machine so the pulls you want are realistic. I liked to keep my snack and soda machines par set together so if the soda was the money maker and the snack was less revenue I'd stock them both to however many days the soda could last with the given selections based on 3-6 weeks historical data. Results in less spoils and faster services.

That's what I am thinking.  My only concern is that I will possibly run into issues where I have several accounts that need service  around the same time and catch me off guard because there isn't enough time.  I guess, in all, to maximize my profits and minimize my time, I will be forced to completely switch to pre-kitting.  I can see no way around it if I want to save time out on the route.