Other ventures

TKK

4 hours ago, TKK said:

Is it 10% plus a wage?  Right now wages account for 8 to 10% of our total gross. 

Man you got some slow drivers. If your paying 10/hr and that’s 10%of gross tht means each person is collecting 100/hr, which is pretty terrible. It shouldn’t take 3hrs to service a plain Jane soda snack pair, unless you are colecting way before you need to.

Edited by orsd

10 minutes ago, orsd said:

Man you got some slow drivers. If your paying 10/hr and that’s 10%of gross tht means each person is collecting 100/hr, which is pretty terrible. It shouldn’t take 3hrs to service a plain Jane soda snack pair, unless you are colecting way before you need to.

I do what I want (because I can) and I take my time a little but I can easily do $1300 in 7 hours out of my van.  And I only have 3 accounts that average over 10k/year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TKK said:

They bring in about $900 to $1600 a day. Some do 6 stops.some do 15

Sounds to me like you are over servicing locations.  I can do my 3 best stops in a day (one week service cycle) in maybe 4 hours including traveling and all.  I can easily collect $800.  Those are good stops.  Yesterday, I serviced 13 machines and not a single machine does more than 2k/year.  I collected $700 in 5.5 hours and the traveling time was 2 hours.  You are either over servicing or you have drivers going all over town crossing paths.

Your drivers are the face of your business. They are the ones that talk to the customers everyday. If I were to pay 20k a year all I would get is a bunch of crack heads. And minimum wage here is also 7.25. if you treat your employees well, then they will return the favor. My driver's are constantly telling me if something isn't working right or if something can be changed to improve sales because they are paid commission. 

My lowest paid driver is making 35k and highest is over 50k now. I don't have to worry about baby sitting ( except maybe one, and he's the lowest route if that says anything). If I could clone my highest paid driver 6 times I would pay them all 50k a year

Some routes have the same locations though. I have an ice cream route, about 38 ice cream machines, and those bring in about 25k a month or so.those guys go to the same spots. So i may have 1 guy do ice cream, 1 guy do drinks, and 1 guy doing snacks in the same place. I do over service alot of spots which is why were almost done transitioning to parlevel. The only problem is since these guys are already salary and if i cut down locations they will be working 5 to 6 hrs a day instead. I rather hit a spot twice because we give way better service that way. Plus most locations are within a mile average from eachother. I was servicing less before and we haf lower sales because if they went on monday and it jammed monday afternoon and they wouldnt call us the machines would be out of service for a full week. We fix jams and repairs within 2 to 6hrs because of this. Giving us better feedback and more sales.

5 hours ago, TKK said:

if i cut down locations they will be working 5 to 6 hrs a day instead. I rather hit a spot twice because we give way better service that way. 

Sounds to me like you are finding any and every reason to not pay them more money. 

Once you get up and running with parlevel, you may decide you have too many route people, or you may just keep growing and have plenty of work for them.  You will really like parlevel when you get into it, but it will take some time to set up and get used to.  I have been on it about 4 years and still have not put all my suppliers into the warehouse system, although that is a project for slow season this year.  As far as route planning and time to service, you will see a big difference pretty quickly.  I like to use the optimization reports for my on line machines to update and improve the planograms fairly often; replacing slow items and adjusting pars.  It is almost like playing an online game sometimes, except it can put real money in your pocket.  my busy machines (over $50/ day) still get weekly or more often visits, slower machines get less frequent stops.  Making sure the changers and validators are newer models and working well helps reduce jams; and the online machines will alert you when they don't see any activity for too long (you set those alert parameters to fit your needs) so you can have someone check and clear any issues without losing too many sales.  I have been working on replacing all the coinco and conlux units with MEI and that makes a big difference for me.

• Like 1

Yup ibe been doing this for months. I upgraded over 85 coinlux coin mechs and 30 bill validators to mei. 98% of my machines have readers so that helps w parlevel except like 13 machines are offline due to berizon messing up a few weeks ago. I liked the consolidation part it was to the cent. 

I jist went to see a laundromat for sale. Its cheap like 35k for all equipment. Gross is 7k a month but net only 2k. Then i think...with 35k i can get 10 refurbed bevmax and 5 5 wide usi machines, and i can easily make 5k gross or like 3k net. I guess we are in the right business its just aboit managing everything and having the right team

• Like 1