Atlanta locator

ATLVending

Hello-

I recently decided to start a business as a 13 year old with snack vending machines. I saw a Snackmart II for $200 and was thinking of purchasing it, but I would need to find a good locator. Anyone know any decently priced vending locators who wil locate in Atlanta? I called one and I got a quote for multiple thousands of dollars.

Thank you so much!

Joseph

You don't want a machine that old.  It will be way too problematic for you.  You also don't want to start vending with any snack machines because of all the stale products you will be left with after buying the quantities of snacks needed to stock the machine with.  The way to begin in vending is with can soda machines.  This is because the locations are much easier to find (blue collar) and you have fewer selections to fill and with longer shelf life products.  For someone your age and because of locating issues you might want to consider bulk vending.  The machines are inexpensive, easy to move and fairly simple.  For what you would spend on a soda machine you could get multiple bulk machines that might gross the same amount as a single soda machine.  Read through the bulk vending forum here and see if that might be better for you.  There is even a really good locator on these forums, Rodney69, for bulk machines.  He's good, fair priced and quick.

4 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

You don't want a machine that old.  It will be way too problematic for you.  You also don't want to start vending with any snack machines because of all the stale products you will be left with after buying the quantities of snacks needed to stock the machine with.  The way to begin in vending is with can soda machines.  This is because the locations are much easier to find (blue collar) and you have fewer selections to fill and with longer shelf life products.  For someone your age and because of locating issues you might want to consider bulk vending.  The machines are inexpensive, easy to move and fairly simple.  For what you would spend on a soda machine you could get multiple bulk machines that might gross the same amount as a single soda machine.  Read through the bulk vending forum here and see if that might be better for you.  There is even a really good locator on these forums, Rodney69, for bulk machines.  He's good, fair priced and quick.

Thank you so much for responding!

The cheapest drink machines are around $350 including delivery, while the snack machine is $200 including delivery. There are bulk machines, but they generally cost around $100. There is a good deal on some u turn 8 heads for $150 apiece that haven’t sold in months so I could probably talk down price, but the seller is quite rude , so I don’t know. My budget would probably be around $600 to get machines and locations, so I could maybe think of buying a few.

Do you know anyone who locates drink or snack machines around Atlanta? My zip is approximately 30338. If I do buy the bulk machines, I will definitely talk to Rodney69.

Thank you!

Joseph

Let me tell you as a person who was in your shoes at that age around 8 or 9 years ago listen to AZ and start with bulk vending! Itll get your feet planted in the business on what you want to do and where you might want to go. Its also a MUCH more inexpensive way to get a feel on how to land locations and find what good locations really are. Stick to good used northwestern and oak machines to start out. DO NOT buy vendstars theyre cheap plastic junk machines. Constantly keep an eye out for possible locations and when youve got the time go ,speak with the location about possibly placing your candy machine there. Speaking to people can be difficult at first but just force yourself to keep going no matter how many no’s you get because theres a yes waiting at some point. Loosen up too when you go to give them your sales pitch and have some fun with it, you can have the best equipment on earth but with a sour attitude you wont get very far. Doing this gives you some “building blocks” if you will on how to grow in other vending avenues. I started this way and i’ll tell you im VERY glad i did. 

10 hours ago, Zachsea said:

Let me tell you as a person who was in your shoes at that age around 8 or 9 years ago listen to AZ and start with bulk vending! Itll get your feet planted in the business on what you want to do and where you might want to go. Its also a MUCH more inexpensive way to get a feel on how to land locations and find what good locations really are. Stick to good used northwestern and oak machines to start out. DO NOT buy vendstars theyre cheap plastic junk machines. Constantly keep an eye out for possible locations and when youve got the time go ,speak with the location about possibly placing your candy machine there. Speaking to people can be difficult at first but just force yourself to keep going no matter how many no’s you get because theres a yes waiting at some point. Loosen up too when you go to give them your sales pitch and have some fun with it, you can have the best equipment on earth but with a sour attitude you wont get very far. Doing this gives you some “building blocks” if you will on how to grow in other vending avenues. I started this way and i’ll tell you im VERY glad i did. 

I started this way too.  I still have some Vendstar 3000 machines that I can't even give away.  I've had them about 14 years now.  Reckon I should through them away since they just take up space in my warehouse.  They are really "cheap" plastic that cost a lot.  Anyway, I like the Northwesterns.  I don't do many bulk machines anymore since I moved into the drink and snack area, but I kept a few of the really good ones.

On 10/4/2019 at 6:40 AM, edward said:

I started this way too.  I still have some Vendstar 3000 machines that I can't even give away.  I've had them about 14 years now.  Reckon I should through them away since they just take up space in my warehouse.  They are really "cheap" plastic that cost a lot.  Anyway, I like the Northwesterns.  I don't do many bulk machines anymore since I moved into the drink and snack area, but I kept a few of the really good ones.

Vendstar bodies on bases make great shop stands. I’m using one right now as a stand for my HVLP gun. Bolt one of the harbor freight gun holders on and mount your regulators and filters and off you go.

1 hour ago, orsd said:

Vendstar bodies on bases make great shop stands. I’m using one right now as a stand for my HVLP gun. Bolt one of the harbor freight gun holders on and mount your regulators and filters and off you go.

Good idea!!

2 hours ago, orsd said:

What's a HVLP gun?