28.5" doorway options?

AngryChris

What can fit?  I tried a national 157 in the past and it just would not make it.  I'm thinking maybe a shallow 6600 or maybe two USI 3-wides.  The location might run me to death off of one 6600.  Will a usi 3500 clam shell through?

Edit: the wall is pretty thick. It's a block wall and that's why i couldn't get the national through

It can't be a full depth 6600. It has to be a shallow one like LA says but you will have short spirals.  The shallow machines are hard to find when you need one.  If you stumble onto a Polyvend PV700 it will probably fit because the shelves can be moved forward toward the glass and the back of the cabinet comes off.  Come to think of it any 90's PV6632 or 6640 will fit.  You just need to remember their parts are non-existent unless you have a machine for parts.

I have several ap 6600's (shallow) on location, an AP 111 on location, and a gpl 160 (shallow but only 5 shelves) on location.  I don't think they'll fuss much about the equipment.  I currently have a 157 + 501e and this sucker does easy 200/week as is and they are growing.  I feel like it might be worth my money to offer them up to $1k to invest in widening the doorway.  I don't know what kind of undertaking that would be though.

I'm not going to bother with a polyvend.  I don't think a 3-wide would actually fit, so shallow cabinet may be the only way.  It's just going to kill me to restock.  I am going once/week as it is.

I think a cb-500/3500 will fit but maybe I'm risking it too close.  I measured about 26.5" with the door open but those thick walls make clamshelling so difficult.  I'm thinking it was just worse on the national because I needed a little more wiggle room to clear the thickness of the wall.  So maybe a USI 3500 but I think a 276e might be a safe bet too.

Would you offer a grand if it meant a wider doorway but no new investment in equipment?  Seems like the best thing for me... And I could add more equipment later.

5 hours ago, SCOTT1963 said:

Thanks scott.  They are doing a lot of remodeling inside and I am going to offer them an agreement where I offer to fork out a little money in exchange for a contract.  The contract is worth more to me than the money I am willing to invest and I really REALLY don't want to mess with shallow/narrow machines.