Parting Out Dixie Narco 600E - What to save ?

SPARK

All parts except the rear spacers and side security plate will interchange with any E model.  Keep everything that isn't worn out or broken.  I'll add to the list - rotors, rods, coin insert parts, selection panel, delivery chute, motor cover.....  I always kept everything for repairing other machines.  Are you parting it because it got vandalized or because they are so big that they are near impossible to move?

Edited by AZVendor

Literally everything.

I run a bunch of 501Es so I will eventually  use every part.

Motors, rotors (if they aren’t bent, 100% grab them. Sooner or later you will come across a machine that has bent or rotors with a lot of play), shims, rods, motor cover, chute, thermostat, evap fan, deck, mech, Val, all electronics including board and harnesses, chute, trim if it’s in good shape, t handle, coin insert/t handle plate, display, basically anything that is useable and is not the door or cabinet sheet metal.

Also, you can eBay a lot of this stuff.

Edited by orsd

Make sure any parts you save are still good. Judging by your comments, you want to inspect all electronics to make sure they are not broken or shorted out as it will cause the tripping of the breaker. Also make sure parts aren’t bent. What I would do is unplug the refrigeration deck (the deck has a plug connection in the lower left side of the cabinet, about a foot up from the ground. Should be a small box with a bunch of wires coming from it. The refrigerator deck is a 2 prong plug that plugs into the front face of the box.)

Then plug in the machine, see if it still trips the breaker. If so then something in the machine is wrong. If not then the deck has something wrong. You can also plug the deck directly into an extension cord (the plug should look like a regular household plug) and test it that way.

Was it actually dropped from a second floor? If so I want pics lol.

Edited by orsd

With your fingers on the two parallel connectors begin prying the top one away from the switch and once it breaks free you can pull the connector off.  They are tight if never removed before and while a terminal might bend it can be straightened out.  

Where are the pics of the damaged cabinet dropped "two stories"?

Edited by AZVendor

Take a screwdriver and use the shaft to push hard to the right on the bottom part of the connector while pushing down on the top of the double part of the connector. Once it loosens you can pull it off.

Edited by orsd

3 minutes ago, orsd said:

Take a screwdriver and use the shaft to push hard to the right on the bottom part of the connector while pushing down on the top of the double part of the connector. Once it loosens you can pull it off.

I've tried this before and the plastic shattered lol.