Wittern Model 3529 manual and validator

oreagle

Hello.. I have been watching this site for a time and now I need some assistance.. I purchased a Wittern Model 3529 and can zero help from them..  I am in need of a manual on how to set it up and adjust the cooling.. I purchased the vendor from Seattle public schools.. I also need to know what Bill / coin acceptor works as it was set up for a loyalty type card system.. Any help will be greatly appreciated.. Thank you for your time...

It might be this model https://vendnetusa.com/wfdata/files/4217378b.pdf (Closest to your model number)

Which would then use this programming manual https://vendnetusa.com/wfdata/files/4215422b.pdf'

Regardless, the machine will be MDB which means you can remove the card system from the machine, get or use an existing MDB harness and connect and MDB coin mech and bill validator to it.

Edited by AZVendor
  • Like 1

A 3529 is a special cold food machine that was built for schools it quite possibly has a Vendnovation controller in it and that that controller will not accept coins or bills even if you put a mech and val in it not all Vendnovation controllers do.   I cannot remember when they were built but I would guess somewhere between 2000 and 2010.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, venddoctor said:

A 3529 is a special cold food machine that was built for schools it quite possibly has a Vendnovation controller in it and that that controller will not accept coins or bills even if you put a mech and val in it not all Vendnovation controllers do.   I cannot remember when they were built but I would guess somewhere between 2000 and 2010.

Good info but, for his sake, do you think it can be converted to a GVC2?

• Like 1

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that machine as is will not take coins or bills. First thing that appears to be missing are the coin openings in the door and the associated hardware (chutes, mounts etc). The next item is it has a non standard controller. While you may be able to convert it it will be costly and may not be worth it.

What you will want to do is get the serial number then call vendnet and have them compare the bills of material between this 3529 and a model 3553. You may run into resistance and/or lack of knowledge on how to do it but I know for a fact it can be done. Tell them to use the serial number you provided to find the product code for the 3529 then find a comparable product code in the model 3553 family. Once vendnet has the 2 product codes they can then compare the 2 bill of materials to get a list of what is different. This list will give you all of the parts required to convert it to coins and bills.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

I'm guessing this would be a great candidate for a card-only location lol.

Yes but even then you would have to change the control board.

In thinking about this some more I think you may have to have vendnet compare it to a 3517 model not the 3553.

7 minutes ago, venddoctor said:

In thinking about this some more I think you may have to have vendnet compare it to a 3517 model not the 3553.

Did you retire?

15 hours ago, venddoctor said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that machine as is will not take coins or bills. First thing that appears to be missing are the coin openings in the door and the associated hardware (chutes, mounts etc). The next item is it has a non standard controller. While you may be able to convert it it will be costly and may not be worth it.

What you will want to do is get the serial number then call vendnet and have them compare the bills of material between this 3529 and a model 3553. You may run into resistance and/or lack of knowledge on how to do it but I know for a fact it can be done. Tell them to use the serial number you provided to find the product code for the 3529 then find a comparable product code in the model 3553 family. Once vendnet has the 2 product codes they can then compare the 2 bill of materials to get a list of what is different. This list will give you all of the parts required to convert it to coins and bills.

Thank you for your help.. I figured it would be a task but I also presumed that Wittern would at least get back to me with some info.. Again Thanks.. John

14 hours ago, venddoctor said:

Again Thanks.. I will contact Vendnet and hopefully they can answer.. Your help is greatly appreciated...

21 hours ago, venddoctor said:

No Wittern let me go in one of there get rid of anyone who knows anything purges.

There is only only one person who I like to talk to at technical support...I hope you are not him! How long ago did you leave?

1 hour ago, Golfdogs said:

There is only only one person who I like to talk to at technical support...I hope you are not him! How long ago did you leave?

I have been gone for over a year now, probably wasn't me as I didn't answer the phones much. I just helped the techs in vendnet when they needed it on support calls or parts questions.