I am purchasing 3 machines to place in my husband's place of business. I will be purchasing 2 beverage machines and 1 food machine. I am debating between the dn 501E and the 600E. Other than the height difference, has any discovered any other differences?

I use them both.  Yeah, the 600s are harder to move but a pro should be able to handle it without too much difficulty.  If the place of business is a warehouse and you can access a bay door then the extra capacity is pretty nice.  On the other hand, if it's going into a lunch room and through closely placed doorways, the 501 all day long.

600Es are good for outdoor or warehouses. The extra capacity is nice and they are harder to tip as well.

But they are an absolute cast iron golpher to move. I can move 501Es all day long solo but I really struggle with 600Es.

Also really high vend count 600Es sometime have bent column walls and are more likely to have wallowed out rotor drive slots.

• 1 month later...

I have this very issue with an 600e. The rotor has a considerable amount of play back-and-forth in it. It’s keeping drinks from vending correctly. It this hard to fix? What exactly needs to be replaced? Just the rotor?? Thx in advance

Ken

Yes, just replace the rotor.  The opening that engages the motor drive is pot metal that is softer than the motor drive so it wears out.   Just a little play can be enough to cause vending issues.

When you replace the rotor, note its orientation before you pull the motor. When you reinstall the new one you want it to be in the same orientation after you put the motor back on.

• Like 1