$166 down the drain........

Desperate times.

Marginal account - put a snack & pop in there as a favor to a friend that was working there (corporate offices for a waste management company) - head count around 50 gross is maybe $175 monthly.

Was skeptical about the account when I set up there about 6 or 7 yrs ago, but have a large account 4 blocks away so agreed - didn't want to invest much in equipment so they got a Vendo stacker and this USI snack I got off a Craigslist for $166 (guy I bought it from won it at a storage auction - no idea why he wanted exactly $166 but didn't haggle)

Got an email from them today saying they had a break in last week (been servicing that account about every 3 wks due to WuFlu) and sent me the pictures - that machine is done.

Got an old Polyvend that works, gonna swap that in there and move on with life - think that there was maybe $10 in there at best (doesn't look like they got the coin mech - probably more $$ in there than there was in the validator)

Lot of work and risk for $10 - freaking tweakers.

Smashed machine.jpg

Bill the location for the damage since they didn't provide good security or prevent their employees from damaging the machines.  They will probably tell you to pound sand so it's an opportunity to walk from a crap account.  A Polyvend that you can't get parts for is not a good solution unless you're hoping for a reason to scrap the Polyvend as well.

9 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

A Polyvend that you can't get parts for is not a good solution unless you're hoping for a reason to scrap the Polyvend as well.

Good point - the Polyvend I have works fine but you are right about parts availability - should probably just sell that on Craigslist and be done with it.

I have some AP 6600's - one of those should be fine.

Went to the account at lunch today - they had video of the event.

Homeless woman - she was in the building for hours, took a bath in the restroom and left all her disgusting clothes (underwear and all) on the floor.

She then went after the snack machine with a vengeance - tried a crowbar around the lock side of the door, bent everything all to hell, couldn't smash the plexi so tried prying that out - no luck.

Next target was the coin mech and bill val from the front - she managed to smash everything and bend the hell out the openings, but......

SHE DIDN'T GET A DIME!

Never did access the cash box on the val or any part of the coin mech (she smashed them up but never got any $$)

Account called the cops - they had no interest, guy said they were kind of annoyed to be bothered with it - I'm not calling them or reporting i, been down that road giant waste of time and in Seattle, no one is going to put a homeless person in jail for much of anything short of violent assault and that is only an overnight stay most of the time.

Sounds like the building is as porous as one of my accounts was years ago. I had two guys easily pry a gate and door open and get inside an old manufacturing business over a weekend. They found a fire ax and went to town on an old Vendo cable-drive snack and a Choice Vend I had there. I had just collected the machines late that Friday so all that was in the machines was tube coins in nickel/nickel and a nickel/dime Coinco mechs. They trashed both machines to get to about $7 worth of coins. Losers gonna lose.

Sorry to hear about it.  Not going to go on my rant about substance abuse and it's role in almost everything going downhill in society, if you are in Seattle your are living with it more than I am.   Hang in there!

I just had a machine jackpot somehow.  No call whatsoever.  Machine in perfect shape but everything sold out, coin mech almost empty, and only $40 collected.  The location is losing their machines tomorrow.  It's not a great account anyway but they have shaken the snack machine multiple times.  This was the last straw.

If all the product is gone and there's little money in the machine then if you have a Coinco mech you probably have a bad acceptor gate that doesn't direct coins to the coin box. Instead the coins give credit and come back to the coin return cup. This allows free vends and the ability to empty the machine.  They can also empty the changer by setting a credit and then pressing the coin return to pay coins out. I had this happen at a CompUSA store over the course of one week. Management took no responsibility and I realized how bad off our world was going to be with Generation X.

1 hour ago, AZVendor said:

If all the product is gone and there's little money in the machine then if you have a Coinco mech you probably have a bad acceptor gate that doesn't direct coins to the coin box. Instead the coins give credit and come back to the coin return cup. This allows free vends and the ability to empty the machine.  They can also empty the changer by setting a credit and then pressing the coin return to pay coins out. I had this happen at a CompUSA store over the course of one week. Management took no responsibility and I realized how bad off our world was going to be with Generation X.

Sad,

I remember that happening when I was in High School to our snack machine.  A few kids were going at it and then teachers closed it down.

Generation X, even Millennials.... Don't get me started.

7 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Conlux 5 tube.  I haven't determined what caused what seems to be a jackpot but it doesn't change the fact that, at least twice, I arrived with the cassette completely dislodged within the past 3 months.

You heard about conlux doing it?  The bulb seemed fine.  It's an ap 112 with an Inone board.  It's possible something gave a 99.95 credit or something else.  Not a huge concern right now though.  Point is I have no more patience for abusive customers.