Royal Vendors 650 Multiple Vends

Equipment:  Royal Vendors 650 Live Display (10 selection horizontal)

Problem:  Switching from 20 oz bottles to 12 oz cans.  Changed Sdep to 2 for appropriate columns yet item still double vends.  Am I missing a shim or something?  There are no cam settings on the Royals correct?  The entire motor rotates and dispenses 2 12 oz cans.  

Thank you in advance.

Yes it is indeed done by selection.  For what its worth its the 1st column and 1st selection so kinda hard to mess that up even for me.  But the entire rotor is moving and with the 12 oz cans 2 deep they both dispense every time.  I haven't found where this particular machine uses shims or product stops.  What am I missing here?

17 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

Does it go to sold out mode after vending?  That would indicate a drop sensor issue, not feeling the vends happening.  There is an adjustment for the drop sensor on the control board, check the manual...

No it does not go to sold out.  The entire motor just rotates and drops both cans.  It will continue to vend 2 cans every single time.  There isn't a rod or anything to attach a product catch or any type of shim so i'm baffled at what is going on.  

And this is the older style royal with the solid rotor and individual motors for each column?  I would still try to adjust the drop sensor, I don't know what else it could be.

Note: this takes a VERY small flat blade screwdriver:

https://www.royalvendors.com/78-giii-controller-chute-sensor-adjustment/

3 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

It really sounds like a depth setting issue.  Drop sensor issues generally come with "sold out"  or stolen credit issues.  Have you tried running the cans at 3 deep rather than 2?  

The 650-10 only goes 2 deep per column as it has front and rear columns

My gut tells me you need to empty the column and try to twist the motor by hand to see if it's stripped. 

A slow board should affect all columns and you could test it by changing another column and see what happens.  Column 1 should hit the chute hard enough to trip the sensor.

Riddle me this... Does it drop both simultaneously or are they a second apart or so?  If they drop simultaneously, then you have to have a plate down there preventing the first one from dropping sooner.  I'm just leaning on a broken motor at this point and it physically can't stop rotating after a certain point (then drops two relatively quick) then waits until another can is selected.  If I'm right, changing the motor will resolve it.  I just did one last week.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

My gut tells me you need to empty the column and try to twist the motor by hand to see if it's stripped. 

A slow board should affect all columns and you could test it by changing another column and see what happens.  Column 1 should hit the chute hard enough to trip the sensor.

Riddle me this... Does it drop both simultaneously or are they a second apart or so?  If they drop simultaneously, then you have to have a plate down there preventing the first one from dropping sooner.  I'm just leaning on a broken motor at this point and it physically can't stop rotating after a certain point (then drops two relatively quick) then waits until another can is selected.  If I'm right, changing the motor will resolve it.  I just did one last week.

So they drop at the same time...however I put every column at sdep 2 and test vended every column multiple times.  Half of them will vend 1 12oz can properly the other half drop both of them....weird.  Luckily I have another identical machine and am swapping it out since that one does vend properly when set at Sdep2.  

No idea the actual cause but I've got a work around for now.  Vending is so frustrating sometimes!   Also for the record the buttons and flanges on that machine are total junk I busted at least 3 or 4 of them messing around with the machine.  Ugh.

Again I really appreciate all the comments and help everyone.

2 hours ago, saberwielders said:

So they drop at the same time...however I put every column at sdep 2 and test vended every column multiple times.  Half of them will vend 1 12oz can properly the other half drop both of them....weird.  Luckily I have another identical machine and am swapping it out since that one does vend properly when set at Sdep2.  

No idea the actual cause but I've got a work around for now.  Vending is so frustrating sometimes!   Also for the record the buttons and flanges on that machine are total junk I busted at least 3 or 4 of them messing around with the machine.  Ugh.

Again I really appreciate all the comments and help everyone.

Okay... this is a different issue.  If you have multiple columns double vending, then you have a board issue or drop sensor issue, assuming it's not a mechanical issue.  Are you absolutely certain there are no plates attached to the bottom of the columns?  The way the 650 is supposed to work is... one can is allowed to fall while the rear can is "stuck."  There should be NO plate down there.  If there are plates attached, then that is certainly your problem because the plates effectively create a wall that won't allow the front can to fall until the entire rotor is rotated far enough to drop both the front and rear cans at the same time.

14 hours ago, AngryChris said:

Okay... this is a different issue.  If you have multiple columns double vending, then you have a board issue or drop sensor issue, assuming it's not a mechanical issue.  Are you absolutely certain there are no plates attached to the bottom of the columns?  The way the 650 is supposed to work is... one can is allowed to fall while the rear can is "stuck."  There should be NO plate down there.  If there are plates attached, then that is certainly your problem because the plates effectively create a wall that won't allow the front can to fall until the entire rotor is rotated far enough to drop both the front and rear cans at the same time.

No plates anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...