Is SAMS CLUB STOPPED SELLING GUMBALLS?

10 hours ago, Johnnyshadesbeyonce6000 said:

IN Louisiana Sams Club has stopped ordering BOUBBLE BUBBLE GUMBALLS IN MOST STORES. Where can I get more?

Good luck, you're lucky you've been able to get them up until now, in NYC they stopped months ago, we've been hit hard, the only way to order is in bulk as in pallets, and those will run about $1900 from tootsie or charms.

12 hours ago, Johnnyshadesbeyonce6000 said:

IN Louisiana Sams Club has stopped ordering BOUBBLE BUBBLE GUMBALLS IN MOST STORES. Where can I get more?

Dubble Bubble 850 count is still available at select stores in the midwest but as you have found out they will discontinue items without notice. Have you contacted the store manager or Sam's Club corporate to make sure they can't get them for you? Do they show up online for your store? If you are Plus member you get free shipping on them. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, gumball guy said:

Dubble Bubble 850 count is still available at select stores in the midwest but as you have found out they will discontinue items without notice. Have you contacted the store manager or Sam's Club corporate to make sure they can't get them for you? Do they show up online for your store? If you are Plus member you get free shipping on them. 

It's bad... Had to travel 45miles out to get the last pallet from the only store that has them in the area, unless you're ordering by the pallet, you won't get any, and getting them from AA global will probably cost alot more than $22.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Johnnyshadesbeyonce6000 said:

I guess wete gonna take a hit in profits with the higher price from Amazon or Ebay on line..This SUCKS!!

are sams discontinuing them at every club ? the one “near” me still has them.

A&A is going to have a field day with this! shipping charges are already high, ooooooh weeeeeee!

Buy now, save time later! 

Gumballs have a 2 year shelf life, dont believe me, look at the boxes for yourself, if we are going to face a shortage, we need to be somewhat prepared for it. Then again if the gumballs run out, a small toy can go in its place, those will never go bad!

Edited by NYCandyMan
  • Like 1

You can order direct from Sweetworks/Oakleaf. Just in the last couple weeks Oakleaf has done away with several different varieties and sizes of gumballs. I trust the demand just isn't there anymore and they are even cutting back production. Sad times for the bulk vending industry.  

On 4/8/2021 at 4:43 PM, SSVEND said:

You can order direct from Sweetworks/Oakleaf. Just in the last couple weeks Oakleaf has done away with several different varieties and sizes of gumballs. I trust the demand just isn't there anymore and they are even cutting back production. Sad times for the bulk vending industry.  

How is their shipping cost? I can get Oakleaf gumballs currently from a retailer cheaper than I can Ford gumballs shipped from Ford in regards to shipping cost. Which I have yet to figure out.  That's same count and same number boxes and at least the or greater shipping distance. 

On 4/9/2021 at 5:01 PM, ginger vend said:

How is their shipping cost? I can get Oakleaf gumballs currently from a retailer cheaper than I can Ford gumballs shipped from Ford in regards to shipping cost. Which I have yet to figure out.  That's same count and same number boxes and at least the or greater shipping distance. 

I believe it's free freight over 500 pounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I bought 20 cases in the store the other day so some of the stores are still carrying them too. I have been switching almost completely to Ford gumballs but they just informed me they they may not have any gumballs available until the end of May due to an employee shortage. My sales with the Ford gumballs are generally two to three times higher than Dubble Bubble so hopefully I can reorder soon.

1 hour ago, TexasFreemason said:

How much do they cost from Ford, and how much is shipping? What are the minimum quantities?

My last order was $28.80 per case (1" 1100 count Super Royals Item #100510). They used to have free shipping on 85 cases or more but I haven't bought a pallet from them in a while so you would need to check and see if that is still available. If you are under the free shipping cut off it is based on weight and how far you are from Akron, New York. They don't have any minimum order amount that I know of.  I only ordered 25 cases the last 3 times as I wanted to see how well they sold so next time around I will probably get a pallet. The only downside to Ford gumballs is that they are a bit more susceptible to chipping, cracking and even melting in temperature extremes. I generally stick to Dubble Bubble in locations that don't have heating or air conditioning in the area where the machine is located.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I believe so. I have 850 candy/Gumball machines. I got tired of the prices going through the roof with peanut m&m's and all other candy & Gumballs. I pulled the machines and retired. no meat left on the bone with the high price of products and fuel & vehicle maintenance. if I could replace my coin mech's with new ones that take 50 cents I believe I would have a much harder time selling the products,time to call it quits

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOATMOTER said:

I believe so. I have 850 candy/Gumball machines. I got tired of the prices going through the roof with peanut m&m's and all other candy & Gumballs. I pulled the machines and retired. no meat left on the bone with the high price of products and fuel & vehicle maintenance. if I could replace my coin mech's with new ones that take 50 cents I believe I would have a much harder time selling the products,time to call it quits

What did you do with the machines you pulled? Are you selling them or junking them? I'm not interested in buying anything, I'm just curious.  My days are numbered as well but I have a large route so it will take some time to liquidate.

• Like 1

850? sheesh, that’s wild. with that many locations you still must be making a ton of money? where the heck are you disposing of 850 machines anyway lol. i’ve only done gumballs and super balls due to everything i’ve read on here about profit margin being garbage for candy and all issues it can cause in machines. 

Edited by jay22

• 2 weeks later...