Cookies?

Golfdogs

It seems as if things are going backward trying to find product, especially cookies.  I haven't see Famous Amos in almost two months.  Now all the other replacements (MM cookies, Fudge Stripes, Pillsbury Choc. Chip, Etc...) are not available, either.  Crackers? Non-existent. Coke in cans?  Only at the grocery stores.  Zero calorie Gatorade/Powerade?  Nope. Seriously, I'm ready to retire.

Yeah, and more purchase limits too.  I'm probably just going to eat the extra costs and order more from distributors now.  It's too volatile at sam's.  Keep in mind that the competitors should be having problems too.  I have a bunch of equipment ready to refurbish if I have the will and the money to do so.  Picking off locations should be easy right now.

16 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Yeah, and more purchase limits too.  I'm probably just going to eat the extra costs and order more from distributors now.  It's too volatile at sam's.  Keep in mind that the competitors should be having problems too.  I have a bunch of equipment ready to refurbish if I have the will and the money to do so.  Picking off locations should be easy right now.

I'd love to pick off some locations, but I am stretched way too thin.  I'm back to 2019 sales, without an employee like I had in 2019.  When I laid my guy off in March 2020, I was paying hime $14/hr.  I've offered two different people $17.50, and have never heard back from either one.  

Vistar isn't immune to product shortages, either.  

1 hour ago, Golfdogs said:

I'd love to pick off some locations, but I am stretched way too thin.  I'm back to 2019 sales, without an employee like I had in 2019.  When I laid my guy off in March 2020, I was paying hime $14/hr.  I've offered two different people $17.50, and have never heard back from either one.  

Vistar isn't immune to product shortages, either.  

Yeah, they have shortages too but I've noticed distributors usually have things more often, even if it's in small quantity

Shortages are everywhere right now, all the bottlers and Vistar are having multiple out of stock items constantly.  Coke Florida is cancelling entire delivery routes weekly because they are short on drivers and order builders.  I can get Famous Amos OK but can't find skittles.  Cherry Coke and Pibb in 12 oz cans has been unavailable for most of this year.  Dr Pepper 12 oz is hit or miss.  The list goes on, It's only going to get worse and the supply chain issues are not going to improve before next year at least....