What is this? and why does it say invalid slot

scamper65

Hi, I recently bought this second hand vending machine. I have done some research and it appears to be a TN series from Panda vending. If anyone can confirm this would be great.

It has a note reader and coin changer in it and has the lift which all worked a couple of times, however it now just has the words invalid slot no matter what selection you make. 

I attempted to reset the stock count as from what I have read you need to manually adjust the stock or it thinks it is out.

Has anyone come across this before? and can anyone think of a reason for this and a possible fix?

panda1.jpg

panda2.jpg

panda board.jpg

5 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

I have never seen one like that.  I have never heard of that brand.   Unless you are outside the US, I'd say you bought a real dud of a machine there.

HAHA, sorry new to the forum here, I didn't realise it was for the USA only 🙂

Yes I am in Australia.

1 hour ago, scamper65 said:

HAHA, sorry new to the forum here, I didn't realise it was for the USA only 🙂

Yes I am in Australia.

You're more than welcome to the forum and I hope you find some help but that machine literally looks so foreign to me that I had a hunch that you might be from outside the US, in which case many of us would be of no help here as orsd brought up.  I hope you find the help you're looking for.

I don't have specific knowledge of that machine but I would start with making sure all of the shelves are attached to the board.  If you're getting a "not valid" on all selections, that would lead me to a "bottle neck" or central issues such as a blown fuse or common wire for motor power.  

7 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

I don't have specific knowledge of that machine but I would start with making sure all of the shelves are attached to the board.  If you're getting a "not valid" on all selections, that would lead me to a "bottle neck" or central issues such as a blown fuse or common wire for motor power.  

I did that, it actually worked a couple times to start with, then stopped, so my feeling is either it is a setup issue ie. it needs to have the stock count reset and I did it wrong, or there is a problem with the micro controller board. I thought someone may have seen one of these, but it seems it is unique to this part of the world and not very common.