Need help identifying a machine

5 hours ago, TheMageLives said:

thanks for the advise. I've already made more money in 2 weeks than he claimed to make in 7. He didn't put a lot of stock in the machine. and was always running low. 3 or 4 pastries was his restock and 3-4 of everything else

In Ohio, you pay sales tax on sweetened drinks.  Water doesn't count a don't believe juices count.  Snacks and foods don't count.

To pay sales tax, you need to register your business.  Then you can use your FEIN (federal employer identification number) to create an online account.  You'd probably be totally fine just paying for the sales tax when you buy your soda as your soda sales are likely so low as it is.  I use a tax exemption and I only pay sales tax after I sell product, not when I buy it.

Since you seem happy with your sales so far, I'm curious about the number of employees there.  Based off of your sales of $35 in 2.5 weeks, I'm guessing you have 5-15 employees on site.  If you have more, you might be missing some potential sales for a number of reasons.  Also, you might make more than the last guy for a number of reasons.  First, he was likely putting in only what he thought he could sell before it expired.  You're getting riskier with stocking the machine with more stuff.  Also, your initial sales may be exaggerated.  People get excited about "new" stuff in the machines and they often slow down once the excitement wears off.  Hopefully not,but be careful with buying too many pastries.  Which part of Ohio are you in?

14 hours ago, AngryChris said:

In Ohio, you pay sales tax on sweetened drinks.  Water doesn't count a don't believe juices count.  Snacks and foods don't count.

To pay sales tax, you need to register your business.  Then you can use your FEIN (federal employer identification number) to create an online account.  You'd probably be totally fine just paying for the sales tax when you buy your soda as your soda sales are likely so low as it is.  I use a tax exemption and I only pay sales tax after I sell product, not when I buy it.

Since you seem happy with your sales so far, I'm curious about the number of employees there.  Based off of your sales of $35 in 2.5 weeks, I'm guessing you have 5-15 employees on site.  If you have more, you might be missing some potential sales for a number of reasons.  Also, you might make more than the last guy for a number of reasons.  First, he was likely putting in only what he thought he could sell before it expired.  You're getting riskier with stocking the machine with more stuff.  Also, your initial sales may be exaggerated.  People get excited about "new" stuff in the machines and they often slow down once the excitement wears off.  Hopefully not,but be careful with buying too many pastries.  Which part of Ohio are you in?

I'm in Columbus, We have around 45 employees but 13 of them are drivers they are in the warehouse for maybe an hour a day between the morning when they get in and before they leave for the day. We have 5 sales reps and they are on site daily to pick up shorts and that's about it. So the warehouse staff there is usually between 9pm-1am 2 guys in the building, 0100-0500 12 guys in the building, then the drivers come in around 5-7 am and they are here for around 30mins to an hour, then they leave and 5 guys on hand during the day not counting the 2 owners, 2 Ar/Ap, 3 Managers (including myself as a manager). The product I've put in the machine is all the same stuff the other guy was putting in it. Only change I did was put Takis in 1 row it was empty. My gf recommended when i buy pastries to stock a few in the machine and freeze the rest then when the time comes to restock just use a price gun to change the expiration date on them since they were frozen, Not sure if I can do that or not what do you think?

45 minutes ago, TheMageLives said:

I'm in Columbus, We have around 45 employees but 13 of them are drivers they are in the warehouse for maybe an hour a day between the morning when they get in and before they leave for the day. We have 5 sales reps and they are on site daily to pick up shorts and that's about it. So the warehouse staff there is usually between 9pm-1am 2 guys in the building, 0100-0500 12 guys in the building, then the drivers come in around 5-7 am and they are here for around 30mins to an hour, then they leave and 5 guys on hand during the day not counting the 2 owners, 2 Ar/Ap, 3 Managers (including myself as a manager). The product I've put in the machine is all the same stuff the other guy was putting in it. Only change I did was put Takis in 1 row it was empty. My gf recommended when i buy pastries to stock a few in the machine and freeze the rest then when the time comes to restock just use a price gun to change the expiration date on them since they were frozen, Not sure if I can do that or not what do you think?

You can freeze them but not the best way if they are already thawed.  You can try to find out when your local sam's or Costco restocks pastries and try to get them frozen and put them in the freezer.  They'll last 6+ months that way and it's the best way.  It's actually very good advice from her.

Drivers and other people aren't really counted in vending for sales projections.  It doesn't mean they never buy anything, but they typically buy from elsewhere while they are out.  It actually sounds like I was a little light on my estimate but not by a whole lot.  Even with 25'ish people in the building, I'd expect sales of $20-$60/week from snacks AND soda (combined).  If you're just doing snacks, then sales are about on par.  If you had 30 warehouse workers on site across 2 shifts, I'd expect far higher sales and I'd advise you to find out why they aren't buying more.  It's possible you could double your sales with a card reader but that doesn't mean it will happen.  The sales still wouldn't justify the investment though.

13 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

You can freeze them but not the best way if they are already thawed.  You can try to find out when your local sam's or Costco restocks pastries and try to get them frozen and put them in the freezer.  They'll last 6+ months that way and it's the best way.  It's actually very good advice from her.

Drivers and other people aren't really counted in vending for sales projections.  It doesn't mean they never buy anything, but they typically buy from elsewhere while they are out.  It actually sounds like I was a little light on my estimate but not by a whole lot.  Even with 25'ish people in the building, I'd expect sales of $20-$60/week from snacks AND soda (combined).  If you're just doing snacks, then sales are about on par.  If you had 30 warehouse workers on site across 2 shifts, I'd expect far higher sales and I'd advise you to find out why they aren't buying more.  It's possible you could double your sales with a card reader but that doesn't mean it will happen.  The sales still wouldn't justify the investment though.

I agree with you that atm its not worth the investment, just make what I can from it until it dies then look at getting a referb that can do cards etc. I am going to do soda just need to get the cash to buy a machine. 7-up had one on the dock and they guy retired and they removed all of his machines, i talked to them 6mths ago about trying to get the machine but they said they dont sell them they all go to the scrapper. When i bought this snack machine the guy said he could have taken over the 7-up machine for stocking etc and they would do any repairs. Not sure how to go about doing that, he did say that when they do repairs to take all non 7up product out of they wont fix it LOL. Moot point anyways since that machine is gone.

18 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

on a side note you have probably seen our trucks running around. Sanfillipo Produce

1 hour ago, TheMageLives said:

on a side note you have probably seen our trucks running around. Sanfillipo Produce

I haven't seen those lol.  Maybe I have but didn't pay attention.  I'm in Dayton.

As for 7up.  I'm 99% sure you won't get 7up to give you anything.  You need to be in business, have an account with them, and meet their minimums to get equipment.  I think they are at 70-100 cases/year per machine now.  I think I have about 7 now and I could probably get more but I think I order well over 1-2k cases per year

2 hours ago, AngryChris said:

I haven't seen those lol.  Maybe I have but didn't pay attention.  I'm in Dayton.

As for 7up.  I'm 99% sure you won't get 7up to give you anything.  You need to be in business, have an account with them, and meet their minimums to get equipment.  I think they are at 70-100 cases/year per machine now.  I think I have about 7 now and I could probably get more but I think I order well over 1-2k cases per year

We deliver to Dayton, i.e Restaurant depo and all the victor tacos. tues-thu-sat. Yea my one small machine at a slow location wont cut it to get a machine from them. I need to grow this down the line. 

10 minutes ago, TheMageLives said:

We deliver to Dayton, i.e Restaurant depo and all the victor tacos. tues-thu-sat. Yea my one small machine at a slow location wont cut it to get a machine from them. I need to grow this down the line. 

Ahh.  I remember being really curious about the restaurant Depot's original grand opening coming up... And then the memorial day tornados put that on a long delay!

19 hours ago, AngryChris said:

Ahh.  I remember being really curious about the restaurant Depot's original grand opening coming up... And then the memorial day tornados put that on a long delay!

they rebuilt the place extremely fast i think we were making deliveries there in september after the tornado.

• 2 weeks later...

go3WUyz.jpegNSgYcUs.jpegwvcFQp7.jpegRecently was offered this machine for free, originally she wanted $200 for it due to a previous divorce and not having the money to restore it. She had it marked as a Mars 6800 until I talked to her and said that's the bill validator.  it doesn't turn on. I know it's a Dixie narco just not sure the model. 

Screenshot_20220213-133907.jpg

It says 780 so it's likely the 79" version.  It would hold more soda than you'd bknow what to do with and it can be a bit of a pain to move but they are good machines.  I haven't seen one quite like that on the inside though.  All of mine have the pins exposed.  You should try to get it cheaper like orsd said.  It could probably use some expensive upgrades in the future.

4 hours ago, AngryChris said:

It says 780 so it's likely the 79" version.  It would hold more soda than you'd bknow what to do with and it can be a bit of a pain to move but they are good machines.  I haven't seen one quite like that on the inside though.  All of mine have the pins exposed.  You should try to get it cheaper like orsd said.  It could probably use some expensive upgrades in the future.

Is it a multi price machine? And by expensive upgrades what do you mean by that? And tbh I'd like to put credit card reader on the machine I get

6 hours ago, orsd said:

2nd ad is a Merlin TDV.

Solid machine, by far the better option.

See if you can get it for less than 600.

Lowest she will go is $650. Might need to borrow a truck from work to go get it if I decide to get it lol

4 hours ago, TheMageLives said:

Lowest she will go is $650. Might need to borrow a truck from work to go get it if I decide to get it lol

It should accept a card reader as is.  By expensive upgrades, I mean if you *might* want to invest in a better coin mech.  If you want to see cash sales through telemetry when you have a card reader, you might need nothing, you might need an EPROM, and you could even need a new board.  These things can add up but usually not necessary depending on your goals.  In addition, a new front to make it pretty.  If it needs motors, they are a little pricey.  Don't get me wrong, it depends on where you put it.  A place where a snack machine does $20/week?  Just fix the bill acceptor and go from there.  A place where it can do 200/week by itself?  Put a good mech and validator and add a card reader.  Those alone can be $600+. If it needs a new board to see cash sales and possibly take $20's correctly, it can be an additional $500+.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, TheMageLives said:

It needs some TLC and it may very well be owned by Pepsi but it's a very good machine.  Dixie Narco 501e.  Not new and definitely not like-new either, but good machine either way.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been looking at this machine. Little worried guy says its personally owned but it still has a PBG# called Pepsi and got the we don't sell our vending machines, blah blah blah, the PBG# has this machine listed in 3 locations from one side of America to the other, none in Detroit LOL. What do you guys think? He only wants $800 and I'm in a position now where iI have the cash on hand to buy a machine, Slow peeps at work getting me the commission on a big sale i did last year.  https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/322294106464643/?ref=marketplace_profile&referral_code=undefined

WY2r0dt.jpgjyjA297.jpgjicpy8i.jpg3vOS8sO.jpgH3pRuGs.jpg

It was probably sold into the used machine world by Pepsi.  Some bottlers do that. Your snack machine label doesn't belong with the pics though.  Beware if the instructions or logic board don't say "SIID Electronics."  It might have a P-Series logic board which is counter intuitive to use.  It has an odd delivery door sensor on it so that looks more like it's not standard SIID electronics.