Need help identifying a machine

1 minute ago, AZVendor said:

It was probably sold into the used machine world by Pepsi.  Some bottlers do that. Your snack machine label doesn't belong with the pics though.  Beware if the instructions or logic board don't say "SIID Electronics."  It might have a P-Series logic board which is counter intuitive to use.  It has an odd delivery door sensor on it so that looks more like it's not standard SIID electronics.

downloaded the pics he sent me didn't even notice that it was a snack machine. thanks for the head up

5 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

It looks like a very clean 501E.  It's worth $800 but it may not truly ever be yours.  However, Pepsi might never try to take it.  

Its located in Detroit, I'm in Columbus Ohio, biased on other prices I've seen recently this is a steal. . Stupid question but do you think this would fit in the bed of my 18 Tacoma?

2 minutes ago, TheMageLives said:

Its located in Detroit, I'm in Columbus Ohio, biased on other prices I've seen recently this is a steal. . Stupid question but do you think this would fit in the bed of my 18 Tacoma?

I don't know what the interior space is between the wheel wells is on the Tacoma but I'd assume it would fit.  You'll be driving with white knuckles though.  You could destroy your back too if you try to get it in by hand.

17 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

I don't know what the interior space is between the wheel wells is on the Tacoma but I'd assume it would fit.  You'll be driving with white knuckles though.  You could destroy your back too if you try to get it in by hand.

A - 25"
B - 60 1/2"
C - 42" C @ Top of well 45 1/2"
D - 52 1/2"
BED DEPTH - 19"
WHEEL WELL'S - 9 1/2"
TOP OF BED TO TOP OF CAB - 20 1/2"

I've got plenty of ratchet straps. but yes that would be a long 3hr 20min drive

mM9RlOO.png

1 hour ago, AZVendor said:

It was probably sold into the used machine world by Pepsi.  Some bottlers do that. Your snack machine label doesn't belong with the pics though.  Beware if the instructions or logic board don't say "SIID Electronics."  It might have a P-Series logic board which is counter intuitive to use.  It has an odd delivery door sensor on it so that looks more like it's not standard SIID electronics.

After zooming in on the interior door it is SIID its in the wiring diagram. Oddly enough it looks like they took the galaxy cover from a v21 and put it on this machine. https://www.vendoco.com/_files/ugd/e49953_1f232de3a4e8429685de5a9fb3787f81.pdf

Moving beverage machines in the back of a pick up is sketchy at best.

If you have a Sunbelt rentals near you they have hydraulic drop deck trailers for rent cheap - I have solo moved around a lot of machines using those trailers.

No mileage charges on trailers and they are like $30-$40/day to rent.

• Thanks 1

got more details from the owner.

"No its in a mode that i believe is preventing it from vending sometimes. At most youd need minor maintenance or just someone to really check it out bc it only does it occasionally. Its worked well before but i started messing with the settings trying to test the machine and never found out how to put it back."

4 hours ago, TheMageLives said:

got more details from the owner.

"No its in a mode that i believe is preventing it from vending sometimes. At most youd need minor maintenance or just someone to really check it out bc it only does it occasionally. Its worked well before but i started messing with the settings trying to test the machine and never found out how to put it back."

There are several things that could be going on here but the first thing I would do is check all of the cam settings and shims to see what it's setup for.  Then, if it has some other problem like STS weirdness, I would just reset the board.

You'll never be able to purchase a replacement sign in that design as it's proprietary to Pepsi. Same story with Coke sign faces. You can find plenty of generic replacement sign faces at NBS.

15 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

You'll never be able to purchase a replacement sign in that design as it's proprietary to Pepsi. Same story with Coke sign faces. You can find plenty of generic replacement sign faces at NBS.

I talked to NBS and they do Not make replacement's for that full frontal cover (sent an image of the sign) singe its a galaxy and has to be bent etc. 

I forgot what design that sign face was, but you're right, there are no replacements for it.  You would have to obtain a normal E-model door for it.  I would pass on the machine.  It's butt ugly anyway.

• 5 months later...

I picked up a 1998 Dixie Narco 501e for $700 been sitting in someone’s house for the last 20 years unused. No rust at all in the machine at all. Just need to buy a new bill validator and credit card reader, so its sitting in storage at my work lol. Now to the point of why I'm posting today other than the update. My AP 5500 is having odd issues. I’m having to reset the machine daily or after any lighting in the area, The coin mech stops accepting coins and just spits them straight into the return. After I reset the machine, it will start taking coins again. Any ideas on what the issue might be? The old owner said I should install it into a surge protector (Already been done when he installed the machine LOL), because lighting causes issues with the machine I don’t know if I believe that at the moment what do you all think?

Thanks,

TheMageLives

p.s I recently applied for a new job if i get the job I’m planning on having my old company sign a contract to keep the machine on the property because I’m 100% if I don’t one of the owners that really dislikes me will tell me to remove it. That being said my GF stated I should put a clause in the contract where if the client wants to cancel the contact that they would have to pay a penalty of said lost profits since the machine is old, I really can’t place it anywhere else i.e. no credit cards, 12pin etc. What do you think about that as well? I don’t think the early term fine will fly or has been done just curious. 

Your AP snack has a bad battery on the logic board.  That causes it to lose all settings when there is a power glitch.  The battery looks like a large pink capacitor with long leads soldered to the board.  It might be hard to find as a replacement part but you can check with Vendors Exchange. 

The contract term you're wanting to use is very punitive and won't fly legally or realistically.  Besides, if someone doesn't want your machine, take it out.  The old machine is your fault, not the location's fault.  That's just good business.  We had a large, horrible vendor here that ruled his locations by yelling at his clients and threatening legal action.  It took a long time but he finally went out of business or sold it off, I can't remember which.

PS: Your girlfriend sounds like a millennial that is passive-aggressive and feels entitled to what she wants, not what a customer wants. Good luck with that. 😎

Edited by AZVendor
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone, 

Wanted to give you an update it's been awhile. Sales have been up and they were starting to slow due to the colder weather, until today. I did a clean out and restock on Friday.

I got a call today that someone broke into the warehouse over the holiday weekend and broke into my machine. It's toast not worth fixing see pics below. They got away with maybe $5 in bills, they stole the coin mech and the coin bin. They didn't just break in they broke the circuit boards... But didn't steal any product.

They also broke into the owners office and grinded there way into the safe, they have no clue how much cash was stolen from the safe.

https://imgur.com/a/wTbccXu

This happened to me back in the late 80s when someone broke into a patio furniture manufacturer I had two old machines in.  They took a fire ax to both machines.  It wasn't pretty and they got no more than $10 from the coin mechs.  I had just collected the machines that day and all that was in the machines was in the coin tubes on nickle/nickle changers.  No bill acceptors back then.  Those machines went to the scrap yard and I never put anything back in there. 

They're already asking for me to place another machine there. In the 5 year's I worked there no-one ever broke in. I'm up in the air about it, because I only accepted cash on that machine and did between 25-75 eveey 2 weeks. They begged for credit cards saying they would buy more (bull, I've read plenty on this website about ppl wanting stuff then when you do it they dont buy).

The company is putting the machine on the insurance claim (doubt they will give much for a 40 year old machine ap5500). 

They're already asking for me to place another machine there. In the 5 year's I worked there no-one ever broke in. I'm up in the air about it, because I only accepted cash on that machine and did between 25-75 eveey 2 weeks. They begged for credit cards saying they would buy more (bull, I've read plenty on this website about ppl wanting stuff then when you do it they dont buy).

The company is putting the machine on the insurance claim (doubt they will give much for a 40 year old machine ap5500). 

Side note I've been offered a crane gpl 490 fir $600 2 can slots and 1 snack slot doesn't vend. How hard is it to get parts for that machine,  will determine if I pass on the machine 

Wow, this is a long running thread. 

I would not do a combo machine.  If you leave the job and keep the location you don't want to have to restock every week.

I would add credit card readers.  It's not like people asking for some weird product and then only buying it one time.  The card reader is usually good for a 20% sales lift minimum, often much more.  Anyone under age 50 now is pretty much not using cash at all, so to get their business you need to accept cards.  Amazing to me how many people are using contactless via their phones or smart watches.  Cash is still king at locations that pay out cash tips or sales spiffs, or has a large number of "unbanked" employees like seasonal visa workers.  Otherwise, the card readers are becoming pretty normal and needed.

I would never go back into that slow a location, no matter how much they begged.  Unless they will subsidize you.  Or you can lease them the machine and they can service it themselves.

3 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

Wow, this is a long running thread. 

I would not do a combo machine.  If you leave the job and keep the location you don't want to have to restock every week.

I would add credit card readers.  It's not like people asking for some weird product and then only buying it one time.  The card reader is usually good for a 20% sales lift minimum, often much more.  Anyone under age 50 now is pretty much not using cash at all, so to get their business you need to accept cards.  Amazing to me how many people are using contactless via their phones or smart watches.  Cash is still king at locations that pay out cash tips or sales spiffs, or has a large number of "unbanked" employees like seasonal visa workers.  Otherwise, the card readers are becoming pretty normal and needed.

I'd rather keep posting on my original thread so all the data is in one place haha.