Wittern 3504 Snack VS COinco Quantum Pro VS Nayax HELP before tomorrow!

tblake05

Machine works 100%

Quantum pro is flashing 1 quick flash.  What code is this?  I used tube fill to fill up the tubes and put 5.00 of each in.

When the Telemeter is plugged in, the machine disables MDB and card reader displays "Cash Only" but since MDB is disabled, it wont accept anything.

I've got the card reader unplugged for now.

Do I have to update the control board, or is there a setting to allow for cashless?

Thanks!!

19 minutes ago, cvending said:

Be sure your cashless device is plugged indirectly to the control board. Everything else plugs in after your device.

12 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

+1 

It is, thanks guys, Heading there right now with a replacement coin mech.  I'll report back.

I've ran into incompatibilities particular components and wittern machines before.

Hey guys! While on hold with tech support....

swapped my telemeter to adjacent soda machine. Same gvc1 board. And it worked.

swapped the coin mech and validator with that machine. Same results 

everything points to the gvc1 being incompatible. So I’m off looking for a board. Mines green. I need the blue board, correct?

meanwhile. It passes 5:00pm. Hold music stops for vend net and the announcement changes and said tech support closes at 5 and pretty much hung up on me. Thanks... Not!

They at least change the message which they never did before.  You used to sit on hold forever which I knew that would still be playing until they reopened the next day.  So the customer hanging up has changed to them hanging up.  No surprise with a company that has horrible customer service.

• Like 1

Some GVC boards need a firmware update to be compatible with card readers.  The version number should display during power up, make a note of it as tech support will probably ask for it.  Also note what color the control board is, that matters. The update requires an updater tool (that Wittern charges dearly for, but it's cheaper than a new board) and the correct software for the board (Wittern will usually send you the software file free if you have the updater tool).

I have a document for the GVC updater tool instructions, will try and post it in the uploads section so you can see what is involved if you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southeast Treats said:

Some GVC boards need a firmware update to be compatible with card readers.  The version number should display during power up, make a note of it as tech support will probably ask for it.  Also note what color the control board is, that matters. The update requires an updater tool (that Wittern charges dearly for, but it's cheaper than a new board) and the correct software for the board (Wittern will usually send you the software file free if you have the updater tool).

I have a document for the GVC updater tool instructions, will try and post it in the uploads section so you can see what is involved if you want.

yes, On hold right now with vendnet parts checking options.  My board needs updating or replacing.  If you could post the directions to the programmer....  Or email them to me tblake(zero)[five]at live dot com I'd appreciate it!  Thanks a TON!

• 2 weeks later...

Still not running! So frustrated!

To recap....

Based on my machine model, serial number, board color, and software version...vend net said it needed a board update (after hours on the phone) they gave me a part number.

ordered it from Ryan at snack attack. Great price service and shipping.

Everything plug in except for the keypad cable. Totally different. Ryan confirmed it needs a new cable.

ordered, arrived timely, everything plugged in. Thanks again Ryan!

flipping power on for the first time, I briefly get 9242 on the display. (Version number?). Then I get “clr” for a split second. Then it goes blank.

I try pushing service mode button and “2” for a motor count but nothing happens.

power off and back on, same sequence except now at the end of the sequence it displays “2” rather than being blank. Is this an error?

here’s a link to a video.

does anyone have any ideas before I sit on hold with vendnet for 2 hours again?

At this point, the only thing I can add is to try disconnecting as many components as you can to see if the machine functions.  Then, add one at a time to try to isolate a component failure.  It sounds like your board is at fault here but obviously no one really knows.  I know a bad harness can cause all kinds of problems but it's incredibly difficult to diagnose and find a bad harness because it can cause so many other symptoms that mimic other component failures.  And I'm not saying your harnesses are the problem, but just throwing in another thing to consider.  I'd disconnect the mech and val, lights, drop sensor, etc..

• Like 1