Adding CC Reader to Coca Cola Vendo 511

SnackAttackYYC

Hey guys, I've searched a lot thru this forum regarding this issue but my question is regarding the Coca Cola version of this machine. I am looking to update the E-prom on my Vendo 511 as my CC reader is not working with it.

On D&S vending they have a "D1121416 - Vendo 5.2 E-Prom, Coke- Version 1010" which matches the Eprom version I have on my machine already. Through the menu on the machine I got software version 5.21010

Will one of the other E-proms they sell work if not specifically for the Coke model?

Thanks for any help!

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-13 at 10.22.45 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-13 at 10.22.45 AM.jpeg

That machine model, whether with the V5.1 Generic or V5.2 Coke board, is notorious for not working with DEX or card readers.  There were never any newer eproms created to address this properly.  I have seen ONLY a couple of Vendo 511's work in this scenario and that was way back when there were tons more of that model Vendo around and with much earlier versions of USA Tech card readers that are obsolete now.  You're wasting your time and you need to upgrade the machine and use this one in a location that doesn't need a card reader.

• Like 1

I do not work for vendo whatsoever.  If I was getting a brand new stack vendor, I would get a 721 (not a 720!!!). If I was getting used, it would be a 721, 501e, or royal 650, with the royal definitely being my least favorite due to their state of affairs.

Worst case scenario, the 501e needs a new eprom and MDB harness+ validator and mech.  It may already be running MDB though.  The 501e is my favorite all time machine and I do NOT get rid of them if they are in good shape.  They simply work.  Not quite as versatile as others but an excellent choice nonetheless.  I buy those refurbished for about 2k USD.  Otherwise, it depends on their condition.  The snack machine is a good one too but I haven't owned one personally.  I'd get it too if the price is right.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 11:25 AM, SnackAttackYYC said:

Hey guys, I've searched a lot thru this forum regarding this issue but my question is regarding the Coca Cola version of this machine. I am looking to update the E-prom on my Vendo 511 as my CC reader is not working with it.

On D&S vending they have a "D1121416 - Vendo 5.2 E-Prom, Coke- Version 1010" which matches the Eprom version I have on my machine already. Through the menu on the machine I got software version 5.21010

Will one of the other E-proms they sell work if not specifically for the Coke model?

Thanks for any help!

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-13 at 10.22.45 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-13 at 10.22.45 AM.jpeg

Hmmm

ive got a 511 and have payrange and a credit reader running no issues.

no idea of the software version or board set though.

Some of the boards worked and some didn't.  Even putting the last eprom Vendo made for it into a 5.1 board was hit or miss whether the machine would even work right afterwards. I had to remove some eproms I installed so the machine would work again. Rowe 648/748 foods were the same way.  Some worked with cards and most didn't though all boards had the same eproms and no new ones were ever available.  I would say that 5% or less of the Rowes would work while 20% of the V511s would work.  Always a crap shoot.

• Like 1