Vendo 475 single price

nrod7

Mei 2511 is accepting dollar bills.

Mars TRC- 6800H is not accepting coins ( drop straight thru)

Have changed out coin mech twice with spare coin mechs.

Problem not solved.

Help!

nrod7

29 minutes ago, nrod7 said:

Mei 2511 is accepting dollar bills.

Mars TRC- 6800H is not accepting coins ( drop straight thru)

Have changed out coin mech twice with spare coin mechs.

Problem not solved.

Help!

nrod7

We're they refurbished mechs?

Yes, refurbished.  I pulled them from two working machines.

I am thinking both coin mechs i tried are "bad.".

Can i rule out that the bill validator is working correctly and that the coin mech needs to be replaced again?

Thanks,

nrod7

You probably have an open vend circuit because one of the motor switches is bad.  Quite common, especially if one of the motors is not at home based on the positions of the switches.  Compare them among all the motors and you might find one that is not the same as the others. That could also be due to a bad motor brake on that motor.

if you put the original mech into the machine you pulleed a working mrch from, will it accept money in the other machine?  Also make sure you do not have a credit set in the machine. If there is it will not accept any money.

In Single Price machines, the DBV is enabled by the Coin Mech.  It shouldn't even attempt to pull a bill in if the machine is disabling acceptance with an open vend circuit.   I would double check that the acceptor ribbon cable is plugged into the mech body and that you have a price set in the mech. 

When people empty coin tubes on those old Mars units, they generally unplug and remove the acceptor and dump all the coins into a bag or bucket but rarely reinstall the ribbon.    Also, if it sounds like loose material when you shake the acceptor, it's likely the ferrite around the coils is broken and needs replaced and the acceptor "retuned". 

I'm leaning towards 2 mechs that need attn unless they accept coins on another machine.