advice on a vending "island"

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Antonio,

What you are proposing sounds good, almost like a "drive up" center for snacks. Something you might want to also consider is some type of barrier in front of the machines so that Saturday night drunk doesn't pull up to your machines and "oops-misjudged" and take them all out. I doubt he/she will stick around to notify you. Just a thought.

thank you islander that is something I had thought about but havent quite figured out what to put. probably might do what they do at gas stations a metal tube filled with concrete.

funny you said that because someone hit one of the soda machines at the pizza shop recently and as you guessed no one came inside to report it.luckily damage was minimal.

Antonio,

Just thought I'd bring that up. It's happened to me a couple years back- somebody took out a drink and snack machine I had at a car dealer. Completely knocked over the drink machine and crushed the snack machine. Expensive venture.

By the way, did you feel any of the earthquake in your state ? What are people saying about it ?

I didn't recognize the word the first time I read it because of the spelling! Thank god Steve is back.

Sorry I didn't catch this sooner folks! No one reported this to me or the mods.

Reminder 1, Family site... ;)

Reminder 2, Please report this stuff. I can't/don't read everything here.  :)

hey mission vending and other ice cream vendors could you answer this question plz?:huh:?

My typical pricing for ice cream is:

ice cream sandwich, cookies and cream sandwich, fudge bar( choc and banana), dreamsicles, kruch bars 1.00. All from Blue Bell of course ;D

Snickers bar, Twix Bar, Giant ice cream sandwich, giant neopolitan and other premium bars 1.50

Super premium Hagen Daas 3.00

You might be near the cutting edge Antonio... my tech told me today that the next wave of vending is going to be at the gas-pump.  Apparently when the customer is pumping gas they may not go inside to buy that soda, but if it's right there at the pump they will impulse buy.

• 3 weeks later...

progress was made today on this project.the contractor did come out but after breaking up the black top they stopped.maybe because it was too hard I dont know,didnt get around to calling him,I will tomorrow.

I called fast corp and ordered the ice cream machine today.it will be 3 weeks before it`s ready and by then the overhang should be done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got an email from jason at fastcorp.says no blue bunny graphics for several months only the unappealing standard graphics are my best options now on the ice cream machine.I`m half tempted to wait till next spring to get one partially because of this,new graphics may come out by then along with blue bunnys`,they will probably have the $500 rebate I was getting again next spring. since it`s a brand new machine it may have glitches that could be sorted out by then.my only worry is the 1k manufacture rebate that may be gone.

I plan on calling to discuss warranty limits and exclusions and to see if I have to pay travel time since they would have to drive most likely 2h round trip.

this would be by far the most expensive machine I have bought for my vending biz.Money coin pushers are now legal in Illinois,depending on how my conversation with jason goes I may get a refund ,get a coin pusher insead,and use the profit from it to buy this machine next year.besides foodcost and electricity this machine cannot cost me anymore money for the 2 year warranty they give,otherwise it will have to wait.I have a can a bottle and a cold candy bar machine,imo thats a good start anyways

• 2 weeks later...

this project is almost done.I ordered the icecream bars today and my food rep will get them to me on monday,the machine also will come monday.I am not sure what the price points will be but I think(without knowing any costs)that I may double the cog and round up to the nearest dime or triple the cog and round down to the nearest dime.I cant get too crazy with the prices.I am targeting school kids mostly and they wont have much money so hopefully volumes will be high,ecspecially once all the drive by traffic figures out how fair the prices are.

the m and m machine sales understandably went down on some items like m and m plain and skittles in the little bag after I raised prices to $1.25,but I would rather keep all the prices the same to avoid confusing the kids,and them takeing out thier frustrations on the machine.

I priced cans at .65 cents,mostly because I am so small I still stock up when they have the $5.00 a case sales and can aford too sell for less. meijers seems to have these types of sales every other week anyways.

here is a pic,I will post another once the ice cream machine comes in.

It looks good.

One additional comment, in my hotel and other locations where there is much public traffic I try to have my pricing at the nearest .25. It seems simpler and people don't complain. When I went from 1.00 to 1.10 or 1.15 on drinks I caught all kinds of hell, but going from there to 1.25, not even a peep.

my .02

It looks good.

One additional comment, in my hotel and other locations where there is much public traffic I try to have my pricing at the nearest .25. It seems simpler and people don't complain. When I went from 1.00 to 1.10 or 1.15 on drinks I caught all kinds of hell, but going from there to 1.25, not even a peep.

my .02

noted.I used that philosphy with the candy bar machine and will with this one too then

the ice cream machine never came in on monday like it should have.after a couple of emails I was able to get free shipping on this machine and it should finally be here on monday.I will keep everyone intrested posted on my progress.

being in business I dont like to complain much,thing is first they say 2 weeks wait before I order,then a few days later once I order it`s 3 weeks,then they say the blue bunny graphics is unavailable for now and have to settle for thier crappy stock design.after over 4 weeks and still no machine I complain,enough is enough.it will be almost 6 weeks once I get it

are you still able to get the rebate even though you are using the stock graphics?

yes they assured me I would get the $500 rbate.I already have $150 worth of icecream just sitting waiting to be eaten,I had my food rep make a special trip last monday and then no machine,another reason I complained.

Archived