advice on a vending "island"

Just as long as they are willing to make it right,,, You should try and find one of the older Doritos machines from fastcrop that look like a bubble front soda machine, it would look nice with the rest of the setup you have going.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know this response is dated,but was curious as to your progress on the island idea. i am in the process of creating a pro type for super market racks. i started out as a builder/artist and have all the knowledge (thank god) to design/build/letter my idea.i am told that the concept has merit.I willshare my idea with the forum first,as i continue the proto type.My idea is simple, but because of it we all could go to corporate and ask them what they would like.having pictures and make comparison.I belive they will go with this new/appealling look.also let me know if i can help yu with your idea.I feel i can be helpful,and want to give you my knowledge.I would start at the beginning.good luck  ron

I spent the better part of monday setting this jewel up but here it is.the kids love it!according to it it has vended 51 times although some of them are test vends.it said out of service when I checked it today but it was too late to call fastcorp.I opened and closed the door and it was ready to go again.I have a feeling if it misses it may go out of service maybe for some reason.I will have to call if it hapens again.

I love the machine it truely is top of the line.I am not a full liner but this machine has got to be one of the best.the service manual stinks though not very informative or clear on some things.when I open the door it goes to service mode automaticly.I can flip over the display to read it while the door is open and it has a keypad on the inside too so you dot have to open and close the machine while setting it up or testing it or what not.

it came with a mars dbv and coin acceptor series 7000 which tells me how much money it has in it.the machine tells me how much each product has sold,and how much money each selection has made,this might be something you guys have seen on newer machines but it has me all excited.I cant wait to figure out what all it can do.

being summertime this is when it should do it`s best.sold 8 more ice creams between 7 last nite and 11am today.I think it was the coin return button that got stuck in the pushed in postition that put the machine out of service.I greased it lightly,but should I sand it a bit or will it break in?I dont want to miss anymore sales because of it.if this machine pays for itself this year I am all for it,I already need to order 3 flavors over and need two more since I have 2 columns empty.I have all by blue bunny:birthday cake sandwich, vanilla sandwich big alaska,champ vanilla cone, heath,strawberry sandaue crunch,nutten better,choc chip sandwich,and snickers.any other popular selections you guys can recomend that I dont have yet?

I am not doing cookie cream yet I will add it to my order to try.I sold a box of 24 frozen snickers from sams in a week,and 1 of the champ cones original too.I am buying all blue bunny for now till I get my rebate besides the 1 snickers.I have found two cones now droped on top inside of the freezer and not delivered.I need to look into that tomorrow,I dont know if it refunded the costumer.it has made about $50 in last 2 days!!hope it keeps up,ecspecially when school lets out.

• 2 weeks later...

in this area these "islands" aren`t out of the ordinary,even if it is the only one in this town I live in.partially thanks to that and to the the fact it is a block away from the schools it is doing very well.since I installed the ice cream machine the candy bar machine has done terrible and I had to lower the price back down to a buck from 1.25 to generate sales.this isnt the end of the world since there is no commission and 2 of the items that sell well now come in 72 packs at sams and are cheaper then the standard 48 packs so this offsets things a little.

the ice cream machine has made $360 in revenue in 3 weeks and the weather hasn`t cooperated for a few days. in the first 2 weeks it made 300 bucks!I was a little worried on how it would do once school lets out for summer but it seems the machine makes as much on school days as on the weekends.I am glad I ended up buying it,since I almost changed my mind.

so yesterday was the 1 month mark,and I have almost 500 bucks worth of icecream sales!!I am 1 ice cream order away before I can send off for the $500 rebate from blue bunny.this is working out very nicely for me.

thanks mission,whats yours do a month?I am wondering how it`ll do in the winter.I am surprised the heath bar isn`t doing as well as I thought. snickers ice cream bar is my top seller and highest profit  per vend

thanks mission,whats yours do a month?I am wondering how it`ll do in the winter.I am surprised the heath bar isn`t doing as well as I thought. snickers ice cream bar is my top seller and highest profit  per vend

Jan was slowest month 158. Last summer avg about 600/wk June, July, Aug. It`s in an Embassy Suites at 2.00 vend on everything.

Jan was slowest month 158. Last summer avg about 600/wk June, July, Aug. It`s in an Embassy Suites at 2.00 vend on everything.

damn 6000 a week?!I was thinking 500 month was good,you made 600 in a week!!

today I bought 3 inch letters like the type you see on boats, I plan on writing chilled candy bars-ice cream -ice cold soda over each machine.

Yup, in the summer it's 2X a week to keep up with the machine. It's a great feeling to pull huge wads of cash out. I just went back and looked the machine did $10,200 in sales last year. It more than makes up for the crazy low prices in the employee breakroom. ;D

Do you have a machine on every floor, or is this a single machine in the main snack area next to check-in counter?

The Ice cream is next to the check in counter, they have a little concession stand set up there with it that they handle. Snack and soda in the employees breakroom. Snack and soda on the 3rd floor and 7th floor and soda only on the 5th. Commission is .40/vend on drinks and 20% on snacks and ice cream. No commission in employee breakroom.

I got a 3rd party coke bottle machine to add to my line up.it will be here in a few weeks.they made me put coke diet and coke zero which probably wont sell at all.then I- GOT A MIX OF flavered water reg water an energy drink.....cant remember for sure all 8 flavors but all geared towards the younger crowd mostly minus the coke zero.

You would be better off buying your own machine.

not really,I dont plan on being much more into full line then what I already am,and I can take advantage of all the perks 3rd party vending has to offer. the coke guy came to me(the restraunt anyways)I didnt go to them.I showed them my island and he agreed to bring me a machine.

how does coke zero sell for you guys?I hear it does bad in my area but I had to sell it to get the machine.

Archived