advice on a vending "island"

Why would you want the taco cart lady there? I'll bet she is selling sodas cheaper than you are in your machines! You might sell some candy and ice cream, but I bet you lose more on the soda!

Merc

thats gonna be my next upgrade !!

I worked out a deal with a lady that has a little taco cart and she is going to set up there mon and tues next to the machines!!this is the best news I have had for a while in the full line part of my vending biz!!next week there is going to be a festival in town with a parade starting in the parking lots in and around the machinestoo.too bad I had to resend my m and m motherboard back,at least it took a dump on me before the 6 month warranty was up on wednsday and sent it in in time.all these issues are what lead me to believe that with full line you should be either in all the way or not at all,with aall the proper tools and equipment and most importantly the know how with the machines.fortunately costumer service is really good at helping thru the phone,that has helped me a lot.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

our agreement was that she sells only mexican food ,and I would let her use my location.these are good people and most likely she wouldn`t ruin this opurtunity since this is a busy corner,and she has more to gain by being there selling food then trying to sneak in soda slaes and getting the boot. we are both benefiting from this. I am watching for any drinks that may not have come from my machines.

• 2 weeks later...

I called in for the staus on the motherboard toaday on the candy bar machine  and they told me they havent done it yet,it`ll probably get to me late next week. the coke machine needed a relay in the end after a mother bard and cooling deck were changed.at least now I should be good for a long time.I ordered fresh soda and changed flavors adding grape and orange fanta and eliminated a melo yello and a sprite since most flavors are doubled up.the machine has also water coke  cherry  zero  & diet I just collected the cash for the day before comeing home from work and got 43 bucks from all three machines.

• 4 weeks later...

so I got the motherboard back again for the second time and installed it properly,and did the space to sales twice to match up the buttons with the proper selection.the machine will tell me on most selections to make another selection and on the selections that it does vend it will vend 1 time and go out of service.any ideas?

Looks like a heck of a lot better than a cage. If it works it'll be great.

it should work just fine.there is a spot where it will need some more welding but imo once a thief sees this he should move on th the machines across the street that are unprotected and leave these alone.it doesnt look prisony and it will also prevent people from tipping them over if anyone got the urge.

I have decided to cut my losses and trade in my vendo for a dixie narco candy bar machine.I hope I have better luck with this machine.the dixie looks easier to load.in order for my security bar to work it will have to have the 4 machines or else they will have room to drill the padlock out.plus the candy bar machine does fairly well.the dixie is capapble of selling items the vendo cant too.it should be delivered in less then a month.

today I had a falling out with the guy that was going to sell me the dixie narco machine,so I am not getting this machine from him anymore.I contacted a different tech that should be here sometime this week to fix my vendo.I am still keeping an eye out for either another vendo so I have parts and hope for more reliability from it or for a dixie narco and sell the one I have once it is working.as much as this machine frustrates me I have no choice for now.maybe this guy will fix it right once and for all.I got his number in an differant kinda way.I was checking out the vendo machine at the mall and saw that some one had put a dollar in and didnt get anything.I added the 50 cents it needed to buy the candy bar(1.50!!) and got 2 snickers.I called the number on the machine and told the owner what hapened,and asked if he would either sell one of the 2 he has in the mall or if he had a tech that could work on mine.he gave me the number and the rest you know.

• 4 weeks later...

updates:after the falling out with the guy that was going to sell me the dixie narco candy bar machine I found a control board on ebay that I bid on and won for $43 shipped, he claims it works but has no way to verify since he parted out the machine.he did have other parts for sale so it may be true and for the amount it is worth trying.I went to a town half hour away yesterday because a lady has one for sale,after I get there she tells me she called her tech and the control board is missing from the machine so no help.I located 2 more dixie narco machines from a guy in st. louis one that works and one that mostly works.he claims he has another potential buyer for both but untill I get the board I bought on ebay I would rather not buy his machines.I am hoping that I get the board tomorrow and test it on my machine if it still wont work I PLAN ON CALLING THE GUY AND BUY BOTH HIS MACHINES.HE WANTS 350 FOR THE GOOD ONE AND i AM HOPING HE WILL SELL BOTH FOR 500 sry caps.I still may buy his 2 machines and sell the vendo off.I think he was pressuring me into buying but who knows,knowing my luck,I`ll end up calling him and he has them both sold.

now the good news,I pulled $27 bucksin dollars  from the ice cream machine for the week,not bad imo since I was expecting about 5 a week from it in the winter.the gas staions stock ice cream all year round and when I asked the attendent how sales were in the winter she said I would be surprised in the amount they sell in the winter,and I am!

Archived