advice on a vending "island"

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

DUDE!  that is so awesome!  Thanks for posting the pics!  We have a few "islands" set up around here and surrounding areas, except no candy or ice cream.  They put in a Coke can and bottle machine, Pepsi can and bottle machine and a Rc can and bottle machine!

That is what I would really like to do, but currently don't have the funds or equipment to be able to accomplish something like this.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST i AM DRUNK AND HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TOO.hillbilly:I would but it would be gone in a week unless I chained it.one of the neighbors must have gotten tired of the ice cream wrappers all over and put a 5 gallon bucket next to the machine and the next day it was gone.hence the chain on the trash can.whats funny is that it is heavier and more expensive then the actual trash can.BTW I had that piece of chain laying around,I didnt go out and buy a few pounds of chain for the tiny can!also I am waiting for US cellular to aprove my location for one of thier agents and they probably dont want a picnic table in the parking lot.I totally am looking forward to this hapening and the increased traffic it will bring to my machines.(not to mention the rent money)they are also opening up a clinic but it will be in the lot to the left of the picture behind the stop sign, the machines wont be  visible from there but it will still increase traffic to the area.

ninnjinn:start out slow,full line isn`t easy as you are finding out.in my experiance you will have to learn a lot,and have lots of available time(at least at first)the machines can have small issues that you will have to learn to repair by yourself and patience is a plus.I have 6 full line machines out and 2 in storage,I wouldnt dream of getting more.I think that once you figure out you like full line it is best to be in it all the way or not at all.you might say I am being a hipocrite but if you have read the whloe thing you should know I own at the perfect location for this,and am not looking to expand into full line.I like to learn a nd it has been intresting and at times very frustrateing.(like tonite)you should have a acertain amoutn of cashflow,repairs can be hundreds or more and more then 1 machine can go out at once.the new coke machine is a piece of crap.the dbv is picky the t handle has to be a certain way for the machine to close or you will have to struggle to get it loose,I wonder how am I going to load the back column on the doubles if the back empties before the front since it loads an odd wayand not side by side like a DN but front and back.NINNJINNget only dixie narcos with mars validator and coinco coin mech AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY

THE guys at coke also delivered my machine on friday but I couldnt get soda to me before wedsday,imagine that??I had to put out of order on it and keep it running because there is no way to get to the outlet without moveing machines.at least the delivery guy should me a fuse to pull out and the compressor wouldnt run only the lights and "stuff".then I load it and you know I follow the diagram they provide and the columns are numbered to the diagram with what flavor goes to what number,easy stuff ya know even whailtail could get this right(just kidding buddy).stupid me for not testing it but tonight(2 nites later) to my suprise I got a cherry pepsi on the top button instead of coke.I was wondering why (ironocly) coke zero had been my firsty couple of sales..since I dont know how to test the columns I had to vend each of them and rearange the decals,and 3 of them were diet and only 1 coke so one button was left empty.I forgot to call them back to tell them not to come to adjust the price since you guys helped me with that and I would still be waiting for them to come after buying 340 worth of beverages that would otherwise just be sitting.I am going to call and tell them to change the work order.this machine is junk the only good things about it are looks,it vends till it sells out and also with the door open.the delivery guy pointed out the single motor for all columns which may work in a factory where they are more likely to call you then in my case where it could be a while before it goes noticed,missing out on all sales instead of just 1 coulmn.so far I am unhappy.the only postive is that my wife now can drink 50 cent dasani water.

Antonio,

The machine we have at work is set up just like yours is.  What we ended up doing was, moving all the slow drinks to the back and the ones that sell really well, we put up front.  Yeah, it is a real pain to unload 15-20bottles just to get to the back column, then after stocking the back column, then you have to fill the front one back up.

the coke guy came today and took care of my issue.there is only 1 column that is setup that way,fortunately all the others are the same product in both.it is water and cherry pepsi,so whatever sells slower I will move to the back.

I cant belive the tech came on a saturday.

Hopefully you don't get a "I came on a Saturday" type bill!  :o

I get unlimited service calls at no charge.the guy told me theres always a tech available,one works sat-tue and the other thur to sat always on call.so it wont matter what day they come.

Wow! must be nice.  The machine at work is a 3rd party machine, and anytime there is problems, we are lucky if its fixed within 7days of calling them, Plus they charge a flat $50 fee.  No matter what is wrong with the machine, they will fix it when they finally decide to show up and charge us $50. 

Wow! must be nice.  The machine at work is a 3rd party machine, and anytime there is problems, we are lucky if its fixed within 7days of calling them, Plus they charge a flat $50 fee.  No matter what is wrong with the machine, they will fix it when they finally decide to show up and charge us $50. 

this could be your 2nd location

Antonio,

The Royal is a good machine, they all have their own little quirks, once you get it figured out it should be fine. I know I've said a number of times how I don't really like Coke, but those comments are directed at their corporate policies and management, most of the techs I have dealt with have been pretty helpful, keep calling them out until you learn what you need to know.

had they told me there was any fee involved I would have turned the machine down and tried harder to convert my can machine to bottles.I was lucky enough to be outside when the van drove by.I saw that he parked at my work since I live 3 blocks away and the "island" is across the street from that,so I went to meet him.I had called wed and he came sat,3 days not bad.

I agree with will.vend,you should see about getting a machine in at work.just dont open it everyday! :) (or make it be a distraction)

Mission:-I guess I am just going to get have to used to the machine and learn how to tinker with it.this will be my 4th differant type of machine I would be able to do basics on,I have DN vendo fastcorp and now royal.

I understand your frustration with coke,and I am defiantely with you on corporate policies. today I went and got half a pallet full of 2 liters at walmart at 108 w tax because pepsi sells them to me for 1.53  at work.I dont have the volume is all I hear,like a broken record.I dislike the fact that management isnt very helpful or seems willing to work with me at pepsi.as long as they get thier 100 plus k a year they dont give a golpher.my coke rep does seem to be more helpful even if he DOesnt answer his phone either.cokes price tiering is very clear, 17 cases at a time is my best rate at pepsi it isnt clear.although we discused that I qualified for a higher priced tier no numbers of product sold between tiers was mentioned.it was like a secret number or something.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ontheballvending

I have a guy in Dallas, that works on these kind of machines, and he guarantees his machines for LIFE.

Let me see if he knows anyone in your neck of the woods that could help you.

BOL,    Scot

can any of you guess estimate how much energy these 4 machines use?

I would guesstimate the three stack vendor machine are probably on average 11kwh/day. Could be up or down 1-2 kwh depending on ambient temperatures and relative humidity. The Fastcorp I have no idea but probably not too much more based on its design.

Do we get a prize if we are close?? Maybe something like....Oh I don't know....your motorcycle maybe???

• 2 weeks later...

tonite someone kicked the m and m machine so hard it shattered the bulb inside,and cracked the bezel at the bottom.I screwed the part to the front of the machine so it wont be messed with.I think it may need a new changer,sometimes the coins go straight thru but would take bills,other time it was out of order,another time I put a dollar in and nothing would be dispensed,I pulled the fuse  to reset the machine and it wouldnt,it took another dollar giveing 2.00 on display when it shsouldnt since its 1.00 vend  but still nothing did another hard reset and it reset.tested it it vended then second time nothing.

not to mention that today the surge protector?? that says test reset on it was fried on my icescream machine.luckily it must have been only about 2 hours before I caught it and 3 -3.5 hours tops before it was fixed.it seems that when something hapens the clock stops at that time on the screen,but I am not sure when the electrician finished with it.I had to go get gmballs from a friend who lives near a suplier but was originally 30 min from me that was back visiting and then I went and placed a rack.

school starts next week and it`s going to be 80-85 degrees around here,perfect for ice cream sales and sales in general,hopefully everything holds together.

• 2 weeks later...

Antonio,

Now that the kiddies are back in school, has your sales increased?

yes in all 4 of the machines.I think some of them get ice cream before school too,although I cant say for sure.I empty it at 11 at nite after work and have checked the the morning after and there was money in it.

Archived