Bulk Vending Hours / Profit

Johnny Gumball

How mch profit could be made working 5 hours a week?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How mch profit could be made working 5 hours a week?

• $50 a week
    • $100 a week
    • $150 a week
    • $200 a week
    • $250 - up

It will vary dramastically on just about every aspect of vending.

Location, candy, machines, toys, pretty much anything. You can get $70 a machine serviced or even $0. There is no way someone can tell you how much you'll be making, but I'm sure it'll be easier for them to answer about their own profits.

in my opinion, you're looking at this from the wrong perspective. Think about how many machines, not how many hours. The time is going to vary - one day you might take 10 minutes to service a location, and another you might have to fix a broken coin mech and take 30-40 minutes. Your time, is up to you. You can always make more time, and once you start placing machines and you start to see the money, you will probably magically find a way to squeeze a few more hours in to make more money. So think about how much each machine can make in a month, and how many machines you want to have. You could easily service 30 machines in one day, and most spots won't need to be serviced more often than once a month. Can you devote one weekend day a month to servicing machines? I bet you can. And I bet you'll make decent money doing it. I think $20 gross is a decent figure for each location to do per month. That's for toys; candy may be a bit less but it should still be at least 12-15 or it's not worth your time in my opinion.

Johnny,

It will vary month to month.When I did bulk, I had 10 vendstar machines (triple head)  There were times I could gross (before taxes and cost of product) $65-$70 per hour  Good sales and nothing to fix.

Yet there were other times due to coin mechs or doors broken etc and a bad month for sales And only averaged $15 gross per hour.

You could easily service 30 machines in one day, and most spots won't need to be serviced more often than once a month.

Wow!  30 machines a day is on the high side.  Not sure if even the single head guys do that many in one day!  There are simply too many little snags and service problems that will eat up the day,  Like vandalism, theft, ant attacks, sun baking the chocolate products, broken coin mechs, traffic jams, road construction tie ups, product swapping, dealing with difficult owners, cointing coins for commission spots, temporary location closures that force you to loop back later that day, extra chat time with owners at commission locations, upgrading/downgrading equipment, broken or clogged locks, candy/gumball gum-ups in the summer time, etc.  30 stops per day is only done in a perfect world and we rarely have those any more.  Just my opinion.

Wow!  30 machines a day is on the high side.  Not sure if even the single head guys do that many in one day!  There are simply too many little snags and service problems that will eat up the day,  Like vandalism, theft, ant attacks, sun baking the chocolate products, broken coin mechs, traffic jams, road construction tie ups, product swapping, dealing with difficult owners, cointing coins for commission spots, temporary location closures that force you to loop back later that day, extra chat time with owners at commission locations, upgrading/downgrading equipment, broken or clogged locks, candy/gumball gum-ups in the summer time, etc.  30 stops per day is only done in a perfect world and we rarely have those any more.   Just my opinion.

I agree 30 is pushing the high side, one route I have takes 12 to 13 hours because of the travel time, there are about 20 stops, I average about 20 minutes per stop, as long as all the previous mentioned things dont happen. typically I average 15 stops a day and travel 200 to 300 miles depending on which route Im on.

Oops, I forgot about the travel time to get to a particular zone!   And let's not forget about the weather!  Those summer time thunder storms can get nasty here in the south.  Northern and Midwestern weather is no picnic either with their ice storms and blizzards - what a pain that must be to service.  Also, don't forget about having to go back to the van to get additional product or to get something that you forgot - I always seem to do that in the break rooms that are in the very back corner of a large building and my van is parked way out in the outher edge of the parking lot!

how the hell do you make any money traveling 200-300 miles??

I have a route that is 1200 miles round trip.  and i gone for nearly a week.  and you asked how can you make any money with all the miles well i have NO 7.00 a month adv. machines all racks comm.

• 1 year later...

I have a route that is 1200 miles round trip. and i gone for nearly a week. and you asked how can you make any money with all the miles well i have NO 7.00 a month adv. machines all racks comm.

Why so many miles? If a business calls and needs service immediately and they are 500 miles away, what you gonna do? Your not gonna drive for one issue.

Wow! 30 machines a day is on the high side. Not sure if even the single head guys do that many in one day! There are simply too many little snags and service problems that will eat up the day, Like vandalism, theft, ant attacks, sun baking the chocolate products, broken coin mechs, traffic jams, road construction tie ups, product swapping, dealing with difficult owners, cointing coins for commission spots, temporary location closures that force you to loop back later that day, extra chat time with owners at commission locations, upgrading/downgrading equipment, broken or clogged locks, candy/gumball gum-ups in the summer time, etc. 30 stops per day is only done in a perfect world and we rarely have those any more. Just my opinion.

The guy i talk to does 32 in a day for singles. Only takes a few minutes to service. At 10 hours a day, that would be a few machines an hour.

I typically collect 20-25 on average a day in 4-6 hours for my close routes, not uncommon to collect 30 on a 8 hour run. But, I don't keep the junk locations either that aren't making me any money. I am only in each location for about 3 minutes unless there is a repair or change that needs to take place. I have found that I generally collect at least $100 gross per hour if I am servicing 5 machines an hour. Depends if you have a bunch of $3.00 a month locations too. I have worked hard to continue to replace the bottom 10% for the last couple of years.

i have 15 racks and i can do them all in 3 hrs 4 if there is a problem i do them every other week i guess it all depends how you set up your route if things are close like mine then it can be done faster

Must be I. The same shopping center. Why do you service every two weeks?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

3 min, do you ever clean your machines ?

I typically collect 20-25 on average a day in 4-6 hours for my close routes, not uncommon to collect 30 on a 8 hour run. But, I don't keep the junk locations either that aren't making me any money. I am only in each location for about 3 minutes unless there is a repair or change that needs to take place. I have found that I generally collect at least $100 gross per hour if I am servicing 5 machines an hour. Depends if you have a bunch of $3.00 a month locations too. I have worked hard to continue to replace the bottom 10% for the last couple of years.

• 6 months later...

This is a post of Reality If it is harsh I am sorry. I am a new vendor myself and this is my feelings about the business so far in the few weeks I have been doing it. It is also kind of my outlook on it. Not looking for Fame wealth or Glory. Just trying to provide some added stability in a unstable economy and have the satisfaction of putting it together myself.

Don't look at the hour rate your just starting. If you doing just for Cash find a good paying job. this is a business and it needs to evolve as a business. Get locations, work on replacing your lowest performing ones. Decide on a Minimum Average you want per machine $10-15-20 a month and work to that goal. When you have enough locations then sell off or eliminate the dogs and work on the new and better ones. There is more than Time on the route. You have buying your equipment preparing it for service. Locating it etc... It takes heart effort and passion to make it. You can make a nice income from it in time.

(Overnight Success=5-10 years of hard work)

how the hell do you make any money traveling 200-300 miles??

Service Vending services 26 states from one location in Missouri. They are the largest and most profitable bulk operator in the country.

Service Vending services 26 states from one location in Missouri. They are the largest and most profitable bulk operator in the country.

I'd have to argue the point that they are the most profitable. No way you can verify that.

They are the biggest "something" I will agree to that! But, Im learning not to be an IB!

Archived