EDDIE BAUER THE TRUTH

royalforest

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin

Negative cash flow is what helped me lose 75,000.00. Not receiving income, while waiting to get my machines placed and the cost of building the route is how I am down 75,000.00 vs. spending much less if you buy a route right. If you buy a route, everything is already placed and you get imediate cash flow and the purchase is much cheaper then trying to build a stand alone soda route unless you are locating yourself and you take your time. This way you pick good accounts and you don't need extra employees, oversized warehouse ect...

last thing I can say it's true some of these locations towrds the end were total crap for a soda machine location not all some where big car wash and oil change combo type place...and he did not give me anymore credit for those than a small one machine location,even though he placed 4 machines and big high rise hotels counted as one location. but that is my fault I was new to full line and didnt have a clause in there for getting more credit for those bigger location like that with mulitple machines.

...but I was getting emails starting at 7 am saying "send anything we got to get these machines out of the warehouse so I can drop that expense" and then a day later saying we got to get better locations and then another the next send anything we need to get these out and worry about moving them around later.

he had me hoping from one foot to another and then finally he started refusing everything we sent...And I couldn't figure out why until his asst called me(by the way she says he stiffed her too when he fired her) and then I knew something was coming down...and it did not long after  in his reversal of payment dispute.

so yeah he tied my hands and all the while I am paying my guys for these crap locations as instructed and he's turning them down.

what he said to Kevin is right he does not want me to do anything because he just want he's money back...I guess is his cash is depleted so how could he move the machines around anyway

so I'm done with this matter and have learned a ton

Just want to kick the horse one more time...

You didn't buy a truck and a lift and dolly to get these machines moved around?  I think most of the full line guys in my area have made that investment, and with three employees, a warehouse, and all of those machines, what would one more payment have mattered?

Because you are way too controversial IMO.  Whether you stand your ground or not is irrelevant to me.

Its amazing how screwed up this part of the industry is.  I gotta give Kickstart some props for doing a very decent job it seems since he started his locating company.

goody gum drops for you and kckstart. ( no offense rob) LOL

so because i have the guts to stick it out make mistakes,learn by the school of hard knock how this will work for me and my customers.

and admit when I'm wrong and stand up for myself

when I think I'm being wrongly accused  I don't deserve to on the same forum as you.

I think it is very relevant that I stick around and face the music...good or bad

so the 80% of my customers and a new guy who may could benefit from my services don't get that opportunity because of the 20% and because it's your opinion.

what locator

on hear has no controversy.

Not even our beloved Bev at bluemoose is immune to it. Her and i have not had time to visit in a while but we used to quite a bit. And for your information Rob and I have partnered on a project or two in the past also

No one will run me off  with their accusations and self righteous blabber. If Steve ever asks me to leave I will pack up then and only then.

I must admit.  Eddie is a warrior.  You must read strong books.  I do admire those who will not run when the going gets tuff.  You certainly passed the stress test this go around.

I must also say that, there are no mystery novels anywhere that beat Vendiscuss.  This was most certainly a great thread.  I learned a lot myself and have come to have more respect for Eddie.

It takes a special person to be a locator, so at the least, we must thank God for them.  B)

He had his chance to refund my money. I got 12,000.00 back and I am still down 75000.00 plus.

How are you down $75,000 from Eddie?  At $150 that equates to 500 locations.  Not even your story says anything about how you contracted with Eddie for that many locations.  I figure you are down $75k from bad planning and foresight on your part, and has nothing to do with Eddie.  It's sad that you have to keep lumping that amount into your tirade against Eddie.

As far as the poor performing locations go, well dammit, I suspect you get what you pay for.  $150 is well below market rate for stand-alone drink locations.  He offered you a great deal with caveats and you seem to be holding him to more than he offered for that bargin basement price.

dperry, I asked that Q above. He is out $75K *after* getting the money back for unplaced locs. Here is royal's response:

Negative cash flow is what helped me lose 75,000.00. Not receiving income, while waiting to get my machines placed and the cost of building the route is how I am down 75,000.00 vs. spending much less if you buy a route right. If you buy a route, everything is already placed and you get imediate cash flow and the purchase is much cheaper then trying to build a stand alone soda route unless you are locating yourself and you take your time. This way you pick good accounts and you don't need extra employees, oversized warehouse ect...

dperry, I asked that Q above. He is out $75K *after* getting the money back for unplaced locs. Here is royal's response:

So yeah, it's like I suspected.  That $75k is from poor planning on Royals' part, and its not Eddies'  fault.  But he sure is ready to blame Eddie for it.

I have thought long and hard on whether I should add any details to this discussion.  I have even emailed Steve suggesting he should not only shut this down but he should delete it to protect both of these guys. Because once a person accuses another person of fraud with this amount of money involved, they take it seriously enough to look into it.  So be careful with your words and statements.

Somewhere in the beginning of this problem both contacted me.  Here is my response to each party as briefly as I can remember it.

Royal asked about starting a business from one State and operating it another state.  My advice to him was a firm NO. Do not invest in this adventure.  Walk away.  Royal had a very interesting way of looking at financial data which still confuses me.  He asked if I would help him find locations for stand alone drink machines in Florida.  I told him no.  I told him Pepsi and Coke had done a good job of marketing their machines to the stand alone market.  Very little is left that justifies a machine. He offered as much as $50000 of promised advance location fees.  He said he wanted to put out 100 machines and would let me have all of that business.  I explained to him that finding 100 locations for stand alone drink machines in Florida would take decades of work and then many of them would be duds. I tried as best I could to convince him to do something else.

Earlier Eddie had contacted me wanting to start locating full line machines.  He told me he was going to offer stand alone drink machines for $150 a spot.  I told him that these locations are very hard to find and what is left does not justify a machine because Pepsi and Coke have done a good job of marketing their machines. (and if any of you call I will tell you the same message) I told him there is a reason people charge $300 and up for good stand alone drink machine spots.  I am not sure where the $50 a week amount entered the picture from either party but once that figure was floated everything went down hill for both of them.

There is a lot more to this story from both parties.  But I think what you have in this situation is “two guys wanting to start new businesses and they came together trying to figure out how they could make that happen for each other”.  Unfortunatly both parties were trying to do the impossible and no matter how much money you throw at this idea from either angle, it will not work.

I believe the $75000 that is being tossed around as money lost is some combination of wishful income from nonexistent vending locations.  It sounds like a refund was sent and the balance kept by Eddie covers the locations he did find for Royal. And let this be a good lesson for all of us, never guarantee income from a business because there are so many things that can happen that will change the figures from up to down.  

Blue Moose

Blue Moose

Don't erase this Thread.  I save lot's of money by coming to this Forum verses going to the movies.  This stuff is the BEST!  :P

Popcorn Vendiscuss Combo ;D

My sympathies are with Eddie on this one.  Royalforest's story is clearly BS, and frankly, quite pathetic.  $300,000 loan to start a vending business with no experiece?  Shame on the bank.  I truly hope Eddie flies a suit against Mr. Forest for slander and defamation. 

Don't erase this Thread.  I save lot's of money by coming to this Forum verses going to the movies.  This stuff is the BEST!  :P

Popcorn VENDiscuss Combo ;D

Erase it?  No way!  Turn this thread into a pay for view event!  Another revenue stream for Vendiscuss! 

Like gentlemen, that's brilliant! How about a duel!! =D

yeah man!

It's like billy the kid except for all the  quick draws and murder...jumping trains and gunfights and riding  horses and camping out in the canyons and ...well I guess its not like billy the kid at all

never mind

Don't be misled by the few people on the board that may have bought a few triple headed locations from Eddie. So he wined and dined a few small accounts to use them as people to support him.  If Eddie did not do business with Bev, she would of blew him apart. I know, I have had many conversations with Bev as she was trying to help me through the situation. Bev told me he hired my secretary which I don't know if it is true. Anyway he tried to turn her on me which back fired on him because she is ready to contest everything. Again it was another way to cover up his fraud.  Bev, I appreciate some of the consulting work but still disagree with you that you can't operate a vending business out of state because nothing would of been different even if I was in state as long as I was dealing with Eddie. Actually things are running pretty smooth. I am down $75,000.00 but still   have about 80,000.00 that I will use to put my business on a positive path.  Don't forget the fact that Eddie slipped that invoice to me knowing he was not going to even fill the order. Also remember Bev, you told me he can't just give me names and addresses. They need to be qualified locations.

Eddie, please tell me the name of the high rise building you located for me? I don't see that one on my route. OK I got a car wash from you.  It is now making 174.00 a month which is still under $50.00 a week. OK I will take the 43.00 a week on that one if I only placed one machine there. With 4 machines that means each machine averages 43.00 a MONTH not a week that you guaranteed. Even your best account has come up short compared to your guarantees. Even when you knew you could not keep up to your guarantees you still would not refund the money.

Oh yeah I have been wining and dining these 40 some odd clients on here for months all in preperation for this day LOL

They may be small to you but they are eddiebauervendings bread  and butter

I haven't even thought about you in months until this poped up.

you cant even pay people to stay on your side

contest Where? In court? LOL

I would steam roll you even someone would even take your weak case. I have documentation of 167 locations sent to you by us.

All in all I am down about $75000.00 and I am struggling to stay alive.

Actually things are running pretty smooth. I am down $75,000.00 but still  have about 80,000.00 that I will use to put my business on a positive path.

yet another discrepancy...

Royal, you keep stating the same things over and over that is when your not changing the story around.  At this point what do you have to gain from beating this dead horse anymore.  This $75000 figure you keep throwing around is absurd, and makes your whole story (which has more holes in it than a 6ft cheese grater, sorry couldn't think of a better analogy) stink that much more.  Take the $80,000 you have left and place a bet on the Cleveland Indians to win the World Series this year cause that would make more sense then your past business decisions.

Mizugori

I am struggling! My business is still running at a loss. Hopefully the last 80,000.00 will turn it around. Me saying my business is  running smooth means it is not difficult to operate from a different state. It is easy, I have someone running my route. I also have about 200 locations that I ordered from Kick Start. The truth will be coming out about him soon. Let me tell you it is the complete opposite of what I experienced from Eddie.

Archived