EDDIE BAUER THE TRUTH

royalforest

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Royal, I'm speechless.

First, I would strongly suggest you don't dump $80K into the Hot Dog business. There are several reasons...feel free to PM me if you think it will make a difference in your decision making process.

Found this on CL.  Get 25 people to buy in at $3,000 and you will have your $75,000 back.  By the way, I like mine with mustard and kraut.

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/bfs/1829263172.html

Here are just a couple of Blue Sky Listings under that phone number.  Royal please tell me this is not you.  Blue Moose

Lobster Shack - Lobster Rolls - Space Coast, FloridaAll Food Is Made Fresh At Your Event!! Email at lobsterjoes@gmail.com. Please Call And Let Us Help With Your Next Event - 321-917-3336. ...

www.festivals-and-shows.com/lobster-shack-lobster-rolls-space-coast-florida.html - Cached

Freddy's Hotdog House Vending - Orlando, FLWe do this with custom built trailers with 0 cost to you. If any questions or for additional information please call Joe at 321-917-3336. ...

www.festivals-and-shows.com/freddys-hotdog

FORD - REMOTES 1998 - 2007 Car parts in Lakeland, Florida ...Jul 1, 2010 ... 321-917-3336. Save this ad. Admin. Edit or Delete your ad · Place an ad. Similar ads: No image. 2007 VOLVO VNL 780 (North Port) ...

www.americanlisted.com/.../ford_remotes_1998_2007_16096697.html - Cached

321-917 - Reverse Phone Lookup in FloridaPhone Lookup for telephone area code & prefix 321-917. ... 321-917-1487 : 321-917-7641 : 321-917-6383 : 321-917-4311 : 321-917-3336 : 321-917-8021 ...

reverselookuplive.com/321/321-917.htm - Cached

Wow what a trainwreck this has become.

As Sherlock said early on in this thread..... dealing with locators is the worst part of this business..... or something to that effect.

I have never been excited about using locators and the few times I have the result has been less than satisfactory when looking at the hassle factor, cost and the result. Based on those experiences I tend to have a lower expectations from them. In this case not only did Eddie answer the call to respond, he did so fairly well.

I encouraged Royal several months ago to post about his experience with Eddie. Knowing that the posting would burn up some serious bandwidth and tax Steve's server I also told him that he needed to post a clearly written detailed account of the experience with dates etc to substantiate his posting. I also told him that to simply state the facts and to leave the personal animosity expressed in our  private communications out of the conversation as that only lowers credibility and serves no good purpose.

Obviously that recommendation was not heeded.

In the absence of any clearly written agreement other than a few cut and pastes from some e-mails that may or may not be in context what we have is a he said/he said conundrum that appears to have no easy solution.

I find Royal's postings where he professes to know what was going on in Eddie's head to be unfair, nobody but Eddie knows what sort of thoughts are floating around between his ears. On the other hand I can certainly understand and relate to Royal's frustration and anger at being promised locations that would generate $50 a week and having most/all? not achieve those figures. Then adding to that a double billing of $6K, intentional or not, ....... well this is the result.

I don't know what else that can said that hasn't already been said.

my  .02

Care to elaborate?

On one hand I think that as a business owner you should stick to what works and not try to reinvent the wheel...to a certain degree. However I am not convinced that hiring a locator is "what works" in terms of being the best use of resources. I am also not convinced that pounding the pavement day after day is the best use of my time.

This thread has inspired me to think like a marketer and not like the average vending operator. I feel like average thinking produces average results, so I need to forget that I am new to this industry and rely on my prior knowledge in order to break out and really get the results I want.

Sometimes you have to get some outside perspective, so yesterday I was able to do that. I now have some ideas that may be very effective. They also might be duds...I know they would work for sure in other industries so I just have to try it out and see how it goes with this one. I'll be more specific after I've had a chance to see how it goes.

Locator's controversy aside, I personally think self locating is the way to go, Ive said it before that you are able to scope out the locations 1st hand, I think using the phone to locate leaves to many unanswered questions, I also feel it allows the prospect to easily offer up any number of excuses, in person I can get a feel for the vibe and know if the timing is right or not, if needed I can come back at a later date.

Now, with all that said I have realized this comes from my perspective of being a fulltime vendor, it's my business to be out there everyday knowing what's going on, I have recently realized the need for a locator if you are vending as a hobby or 2nd income, newbie etc...basically you don't have the time to research these locations so a locator is beneficial, beneficial to a point, a point that is using the locator wisely and knowing when to back down from the relationship. It allows this type of vendor to be quickly exposed to the vending world, gives them quick insight and allows them to have a feeling of accomplishment, therefore being an asset to the vendors already out there.

Then if they stick with it and grow into fulltime vending they will have a better understanding of why I'm so adamant on self locating. my .02

Kevin

Thanks for the compliment. The way I operate is I don't use my money. I use the Donald Trump approach which is use someone else's money. That is why I am so upset. I have to find a way to get the $300,000.00 back with interest for my vending business investor. I still have 80,000.00 left and will try the hotdog cart business. I am anxious to talk to you about the hot dog cart business because I have been excited to get it going. I think this is the only way for me to go in order to become whole and with a return to a dear friend client.

Donald trump creates a business structure, borrows the money within the business structure, (or has investors,) so he is never on the hook for the money.  He has tons of "businesses," and has no personal liability in any of them.  Many of his businesses have filed bankruptcy, but he personally never has.  

But he does things intelligently, and methodically.  He does not freak out as you seem to have done.  He also does not go out and lay the entire success of the business on another persons head, especially somebody he met online.

The idea of OPM is not a bad one, but it needs to be understood that it is not just a multiplier of success, but also a multiplier of failure.  A 10% win turns into a 100%+ win, but at the same time it can go in the opposite direction, and result in 100%+ loss.  Investing this way needs to be done much more carefully, and intelligently then regular investing.  

Donald Trump knows all aspects of the real estate developer business, so when he is working on an idea, you can be fairly sure it is a solid one.  You knew little of the full line business, and yet threw a ton of money into it.  That is not something Mr. Trump would have done.

In fact your business plan sounds more like the Biz-Op style of business.  Borrow a ton of money to buy a whole bunch of equipment, then hope it makes money somehow.  When things don't work out, you try to blame somebody else.  With the way you are going, your hot dog cart plan is going to crash and burn.  Who are you going to blame then?

Sit back, take a breath, and slow down.  If you want to be successful, accept responsibility for everything.  This is one of the hardest things for people to do, but may be one of the most important.

When I grew up, I had parents who's examples of life had to be overcome.  One taught me that the world was against me, and the other taught me to get really angry about it.  But the second I decided that everything in my life, and I mean everything, is my responsibility, things started to change.

My job sucks, but who's responsibility is that?  Mine.  Why?  Because I am not doing anything about changing the job.  I am not asking for a raise, nor a change in duties, I am not looking for another job, so I don't think I have a right to complain about it.  It is my responsibility.

The same with a crappy car I just bought.  The guy did in fact lie to me about the condition of the car, but I didn't check things out.  I didn't have a mechanic look at it, and I didn't order one of those fax reports.  So the fault lies with me.

Again this is a hard concept to accept, but everyone should do this.  It is life changing.

(Infomercial over.)

Thanks but you did not tell me anything I didn't already know. I am done talking about the subject because I have to work. I provided  enough detail information as to what Eddie did to me. I do take responsibility for this loss and hopefully nobody has to go through what I went through. It has been a very painful experience. Good luck.

My hat goes off to Steve for not terminating this post because it will make a powerful Best Seller one day.  ;D

Steve

You must be a new man since you started this Forum a few years ago.

Donald trump creates a business structure, borrows the money within the business structure, (or has investors,) so he is never on the hook for the money.  He has tons of "businesses," and has no personal liability in any of them.  Many of his businesses have filed bankruptcy, but he personally never has.  

The idea of OPM is not a bad one, but it needs to be understood that it is not just a multiplier of success, but also a multiplier of failure.  A 10% win turns into a 100%+ win, but at the same time it can go in the opposite direction, and result in 100%+ loss.  Investing this way needs to be done much more carefully, and intelligently then regular investing.  

OPM is certainly a legal and valid approach to making money.  But OPM is a sleazy way to make money IMHO.  All upside and NO downside for one party since only other people's money are at stake and not one dime of the so-called entrepreneur.  I have seen many highly educated and intelligent people fail at business because their pie-in-the-sky idea had no way of working in the real world and was not sustainable.  When their ventures fail, they just shrug their shoulders and walk away, but the “other people” get the shaft and lose everything.  I want no part of that type of business model. 

Financial planners are a great example of the sleazy OPM model.  They charge a percentage of the entire account regardless if the account makes any money or not!  When I transferred my 401k from my prior job, this planner wanted to manage it for a fee of course.  I told him he could have a percentage of the PROFITS he generated but not a percentage of the balance regardless of the outcome of his efforts.  Needless to say, he did not like that!  And of course I told him to go pound salt!  I only pay for results not for good will or effort.

CNBC was talking about the “good old days” when the owners and partners of investment firms had their own assets on the line and at risk if the business failed.  So if stupid and excessive risk taking were to happen (like over the past few years), then they personally would be on the hook.

It’s easy to be aggressive and take risks with other people’s money.  Just like it easy for a politician to declare a war and send other people’s kids to fight it.  These are girly-men (to coin a phrase from the California Governator) who hide behind other people’s assets and get other people to do the dirty work and who get someone else to pay the price.

Do people enjoy being slaves to their lenders?  DEBT IS DUMB!!!

Jax, I like what you said but hopefully you're not making a rash generalization about all financial planners.  Some actually care about the best interests of their clients.

Pay only for results?  I like that!  No salary this year for any Pittsburgh Pirate!  = )

Congratulations Jax snacks your my hero. I guess Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Donald Trump ect.... should of  followed your advice. Investors give you money if you have a successful track record.  Lets please stick to the topic that was started. Actually, lets end this thread. If you want to bash my hot dog vending business, you can on the other topic section of vend discuss. Right now the only thing that has been done is a business plan. If my cart is not successful, there will be no Doglicious franchise.

Do people enjoy being slaves to their lenders?  DEBT IS DUMB!!!

Jax, I like what you said but hopefully you're not making a rash generalization about all financial planners.  Some actually care about the best interests of their clients.

Pay only for results?  I like that!  No salary this year for any Pittsburgh Pirate!  = )

All Right Whale Tail...Debt is Dumb and Cash is King!

Go Dave Ramsey Go!  :P

Archived