NinnJinn Vending is now closed.

NinnJinn

To my friends and fellow vendors,

I come to you tonight to inform you as of Oct 1, 2011 NinnJinn Vending is no longer in business.

There have been some business problems as well as family problems for the last 6 months.

Wife wanted to support me, but totally flipped out to the idea of me quitting my job and doing vending full time. It bothered her so much that she is currently living with her mother 265miles away.

As for the business aspect, bottlers around here were raising their prices to the point that I could no longer make a decent profit. The area I am in, people are not ready to pay more than $1.25 for a 20oz drink. Meanwhile locations are wanting more commission/rent income, and with my COGS running 85-94cents a bottle, that isn't leaving much for me to pay commission/rent and make a profit. I bumped my prices to 1.50 on all machines for 45days and sold a grand total of 886 drinks from 9 machines combined! Meanwhile was before I raised prices I was averaging 1500-1600 vends every 30days faithfully.

So I have had Coke pick up their machines and gotten rid of the 20oz inventory. Wife didn't want the bulk route and with my new job, it would be nearly impossible for me to service, so I sold it to a larger company and paid cash for a 2008 toyota prius.

I am currently at a new job working 60hrs a week and on my off time, working hard with the wife to get my family back together.

Thanks to Mission and Technivend for your countless phone and email support, even though I never bought anything from you guys. You two are truly top notch...

Steve, Thanks for an awesome site and congrats on the upcoming family member! without your work and dedication I wouldn't have built as good of a small company as I did.

Mrs. C, or shall I say "Hey preggo"!!!! LOL I just had to get on your golpher list one more time! lol Congrats on the new family member, and thank you for allowing your husband to put so much work and time into this forum. Also, thanks for keeping us rowdy vendors inline from time to time....

I might be on periodically but not very often since I really have no business being here any more...

You all will be missed and god bless,

Mike AKA: NinnJinn

To my friends and fellow vendors,

I come to you tonight to inform you as of Oct 1, 2011 NinnJinn Vending is no longer in business.

There have been some business problems as well as family problems for the last 6 months.

Wife wanted to support me, but totally flipped out to the idea of me quitting my job and doing vending full time. It bothered her so much that she is currently living with her mother 265miles away.

As for the business aspect, bottlers around here were raising their prices to the point that I could no longer make a decent profit. The area I am in, people are not ready to pay more than $1.25 for a 20oz drink. Meanwhile locations are wanting more commission/rent income, and with my COGS running 85-94cents a bottle, that isn't leaving much for me to pay commission/rent and make a profit. I bumped my prices to 1.50 on all machines for 45days and sold a grand total of 886 drinks from 9 machines combined! Meanwhile was before I raised prices I was averaging 1500-1600 vends every 30days faithfully.

So I have had Coke pick up their machines and gotten rid of the 20oz inventory. Wife didn't want the bulk route and with my new job, it would be nearly impossible for me to service, so I sold it to a larger company and paid cash for a 2008 toyota prius.

I am currently at a new job working 60hrs a week and on my off time, working hard with the wife to get my family back together.

Thanks to Mission and Technivend for your countless phone and email support, even though I never bought anything from you guys. You two are truly top notch...

Steve, Thanks for an awesome site and congrats on the upcoming family member! without your work and dedication I wouldn't have built as good of a small company as I did.

Mrs. C, or shall I say "Hey preggo"!!!! LOL I just had to get on your golpher list one more time! lol Congrats on the new family member, and thank you for allowing your husband to put so much work and time into this forum. Also, thanks for keeping us rowdy vendors inline from time to time....

I might be on periodically but not very often since I really have no business being here any more...

You all will be missed and god bless,

Mike AKA: NinnJinn

Mike,

I'm sorry to hear this.... When you first came onto the forum I found your excitement and enthusiasm to be quite refreshing. I enjoyed our conversations as well. It's disappointing that your wife could not provide the support you needed from her to try to live your dream of having your own business. Hopefully you two can find a way reconcile and make things work.

Even though you are out of vending IMO you are part of this community and are more than welcome to stop by once in a while and let us know how things are going.

Good luck and best wishes with your future endeavors.

Mike,

I'm sorry to hear about this unfortunate turn of events. I hope things work out for you no matter what direction they go.

As others have stated, you are always welcome here whether you are actively vending or not. Your experience in the field could go a long way to help others.

Now that all of that is out of the way, since you will no longer be around, I think you should let me have a few of your players from your TVF fantasy team. I could use a QB. :rolleyes:

Your marriage is more important then Vending. (Okay, some here would disagree.) Sorry it isn't working out, you need to do what is right for you.

Although I would ask what was her issue with vending? Did it take you away too often? Take up too much of your life? Or was there a misunderstanding about vending, or simply a disagreement somewhere?

Everyone here wishes you all the best. And as has kind of been said before, just because you won't be vending right now does not mean you can't still experience vending through this forum.

• 5 weeks later...

Update:

Thanks guys and gals for your comments and best wishes..

Now that the wife and I have been chatting on a regular basis, I have learned that she was becoming unhappy with the household situation and what I had become. Unknown to me at the time, I went from a loving husband and playful father/family man to a vending nut. I spoke of nothing but vending and during what used to be play time with the girls and spending time as a family man turned into servicing machines and speaking and dreaming of machines and vending.

Lyndzee (wife) put it to me like this in an email: "You are the coach of the Indianapolis Colts, there is 10 seconds left of the super bowl game and your team is down by 7 points and has the ball. During the last time out you are frantically putting together a plan to win... That is what you have been doing with vending for the last 4 or 5months. Except when you are asleep, that is all you do Mike! Vending, vending, vending! Where do me and the girls fit in to your life now? I want my loving husband back, the girls need their playful mischievous dad back! I need/want you to have a steady income with insurance and be able to take a 2 week vacation every year. I don't like the idea of 1 week having this much income, and then next week having $40-$60 less than the week before. You even said, with your route, sales slow down drastically during the winter. Mike, winters are the most expensive time for us. Heating, new coats, holidays, Christmas, etc."

You get the idea, don't want to bore you too much more.

Anyways, All 4 of us are getting together every other weekend and will be spending the holidays together. Lyndzee and I both agreed to wait until after school is out to move them back here. The girls are on the honor roll and I know what it is like to be uprooted from one school and put into another, And since they are doing well, I don't want to mess that up for them.

Lyndzee has no quarrels with vending, she just doesn't want it consuming her or our girls' lives/family time.

Break over, back to work, will type more later.

Update:

Thanks guys and gals for your comments and best wishes..

Now that the wife and I have been chatting on a regular basis, I have learned that she was becoming unhappy with the household situation and what I had become. Unknown to me at the time, I went from a loving husband and playful father/family man to a vending nut. I spoke of nothing but vending and during what used to be play time with the girls and spending time as a family man turned into servicing machines and speaking and dreaming of machines and vending.

Lyndzee (wife) put it to me like this in an email: "You are the coach of the Indianapolis Colts, there is 10 seconds left of the super bowl game and your team is down by 7 points and has the ball. During the last time out you are frantically putting together a plan to win... That is what you have been doing with vending for the last 4 or 5months. Except when you are asleep, that is all you do Mike! Vending, vending, vending! Where do me and the girls fit in to your life now? I want my loving husband back, the girls need their playful mischievous dad back! I need/want you to have a steady income with insurance and be able to take a 2 week vacation every year. I don't like the idea of 1 week having this much income, and then next week having $40-$60 less than the week before. You even said, with your route, sales slow down drastically during the winter. Mike, winters are the most expensive time for us. Heating, new coats, holidays, Christmas, etc."

You get the idea, don't want to bore you too much more.

Anyways, All 4 of us are getting together every other weekend and will be spending the holidays together. Lyndzee and I both agreed to wait until after school is out to move them back here. The girls are on the honor roll and I know what it is like to be uprooted from one school and put into another, And since they are doing well, I don't want to mess that up for them.

Lyndzee has no quarrels with vending, she just doesn't want it consuming her or our girls' lives/family time.

Break over, back to work, will type more later.

Glad to hear things are moving forward. But put down the keyboard and back away from the forum!! You need some cold turkey from vending. Then come back later and let us all know things are perfect again.

Glad to hear everything is working out and I can see where you are coming from with an entrepreneur mind set where as your wife has the the typical American mind set (get a good education, get a good job with insurance, and work the rest of your life). I don't say this to offend, but only to point out that you both have two completely different mind sets.

After reading your "update" post it really made me think of a book I just read: Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki.

Anyways I am glad you are going to get your family back together.

mike, i am so glad to hear that you are making strides in your family relationships! and i can tell you with all honesty that although it never came to the point it did for your wife, i know exactly where she is coming from feeling like the world was revolving around vending rather than family. i've been there, and steve can attest to my scathing temper and super harsh words when he became just a little too obsessed with the forum/business. i'd even threatened to throw the computer out the window before, and he knew i was dead serious. i think that there can be a healthy mix of vending, the forum and family life but it seems like maybe you lost sight of that balance...like i said, we've been there too and i've had to bring steve's feet crashing back to earth on more than one occasion. it's not a bad thing to try to build your own business that can eventually support your family, but it can be a bad thing to lose sight of how important that family is to begin with. because on the last day of your life, would you rather have people remembering what a great father and husband you were or what a great vending business owner?

you have all our support in everything you do!

mrs. c

Archived