PayRange

The more I read about everyone's experiences the more I wonder if Payrange will ever get this thing to work correctly, though I do realize you are all the guinea pigs and this thing has only been out for one month.  I still haven't heard if Payrange has made any statement that this device will not work if you are already using a card reader.  Some enlightenment by them would be nice.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey AZ...I know it has to be a way for it to work with a Card Reader because USA Tech is already testing Bluetooth ....someone told me they were even testing it at Nama

USA even told me themselves that their Loyalty/Prepaid program is fixing to be based on Bluetooth / App to purchase things

Maybe it has to with frequency or the signal

But the end result is...how nice PayRange is....it will NOT be able to tell you any Dex Data like USA / InONe can....I prekit everything the day before...and I can not prekit with PayRange

So if you have sales attributed with the Payrange, those sales won't be seen in your dex data stream?  That doesn't seem possible as the Payrange is plugged in to the MDB circuit, isn't it?  If the Payrange sales don't end up as dex data then the board is somehow not counting the sales.  I don't know how those sales could be excluded. 

It does not show any Dex Data in my PayRange Back Office / Dash board

(its a very simple Back office - Only 3 Functions -  Transactions , Register Device and Input Financial Info for Your bank - These are the only functions allowed)

It shows Date, Time , Device , Amount  and Fee Charged

It does NOT show any deposits made or dex data or item purchased

But deposit did get made 6 days later with NO problem

I was going to show you a screen shot , but don't see how to attach it to this post

I would expect the logic board to still count the sales in it's DEX data and therefore include those same transactions in the DEX data stream as it's extracted by USAT from the logic board.  Though that info isn't available from Payrange I don't think the board's DEX data would not be updated by each transaction.  I think you are still seeing the sales in your data stream, you just can't see it separately from your cash sales or card sales, if USAT splits your sales in that way.  I don't know if you would be able to determine which sales category, cash or card, that the Payrange sales go into, but I would think they are included.

True...but I would expect PayRange to least tell me the dex data

But none the less...My PayRange sits collecting dust on my shelf....I have tested on 5-6 different machines from New to Old and it does not work with a Credit Card reader.

This post has been active almost a month so I presume NO one else here can get it to work either with a reader.

I was reading on MDB versions....there appears to be 3 MDB Versions....I was reading where MDB3 does allow up to 2 Cashless devices where MDB2 does not.

I noticed the UCB Board from VEII is up to MDB3 now.

So I did a google search on the different versions of MDB.

So this is probably why PayRange will not work with my USA card readers...I bet I have MDB2 on all my vending machines. I wander how new MDB3 is?

• 5 months later...

Greetings folks,

I just learned of this forum from one of the members here who asked that I sign up and join the dialog. For those who don't know me yet my name is Brian Gill and I am the Director of Sales and Strategic Partnerships for PayRange.

I can see the dialog pertaining to PayRange spans several month's and I'm not quite clear as to where everyone is currently with their knowledge and understanding of our cashless payment solution, so please feel free to address me or ask questions freely either here or off-line whichever you prefer.

My cell phone is 315 542-7875 and my email address is: brian.gill@payrange.com

Thank you and have a great a day!

The new full version PayRange went live on October 10th. The previous versions were sample units which were not able to work alongside another cashless option in a machine. I was told that has been fixed and the newAndroid app will be available witHin weeks. Has anyone gotten the full version unit yet? If so, how is it working? I am expecting mine to come in this week some time. I have seen the new unit wok. Much faster response than test unit anklets you identify the machine you are connected to by a photo ofthe machine. Apple pays may take a bite out ofPayRange but the you would need to haves card reader installed. For ApplePayto work. Payrange will cost much less to get up and running.canteaittogetmy handson mine.

I have seen it in action. The new unit works pretty well. Much faster tha the sample unit we tried. I think it will be an instant hit

Great cvending!

I have a location I know will do well with it!

Thanks!

A. Offing to Brian Gill(who has recently joined VDF) when you sign into the PayRange website you will be able to see all cash and cashless sales, but only up to the last PayRange transaction

I have a new blu key and mine does NOT report any cash sales...it will only count the cashless sales....Im using a new UCB from VEII....Is it counting cash sales for any one else?

I just tested it several times.....cash - cashless - cash - cashless - cash - cashless

it only counted my cashless sales only

I can't tell you definitely that it will report all sales, but when Brian Gill was at our place last week he said that you will be able to see all transactions up to and including the last PayRange transaction. You need to log into your blukey.net account to see this. I will let you know when I receive my units if I can actually see these transactions

I can't tell you definitely that it will report all sales, but when Brian Gill was at our place last week he said that you will be able to see all transactions up to and including the last PayRange transaction. You need to log into your blukey.net account to see this. I will let you know when I receive my units if I can actually see these transactions

I received my 1st unit and installed it. It is only reporting cashless sales. I spoke with Brian Gill this morning and he told me they were aware of this issue and it should be fixed by week's end. It is an issue I the software not picking up the cash sales. Once fixed, the update will n

Be pushed through the app. You will not need to do anything. Also, the android app is available through Googleplay today. There is more news on the way. Good things coming soon.

Hi, list.

I am an engineer at PayRange, and I can confirm that the BluKey will begin reporting cash sales with firmware version 6, which should be released sometime next week.

Best regards,

Chris Sokol

PayRange Inc.

Archived