PayRange

Yes, more troubleshooting information is needed.  You should be able to add another device to the machine. 

Do you need to enable a debit card reader as a coinage option in the logic board? 

Was the card reader simply reporting a loss of cell signal coincidentally? 

Can you repeat the condition of: Payrange plugged in series with card reader, card reader won't work.  Unplug Payrange and card reader works? 

Can this condition be repeated?

Most importantly, what do the instructions or their technical support say about avoiding this issue?  If Payrange won't play well with card readers, then what's the point of having it as another payment tool?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update:

PayRange works perfectly with out the USA Card reader connected....pretty fast

(actually faster then using money....as soon as you Vend your product the remaining balance is immediately returned to your account)

I talked to Paresh and he was telling me some of the older MDB machines would ONLY allow for 1 cashless device and almost all the new machines now days will accept 2 cashless devices.  (I ordered a New Software update for my DN5591 - 30.81 to see if that helps- Currently I use 30.5)

I am going to test it further this week on my USI machine and my AMS Sensit II machine - both newer machines.

(my USI machine is the same machine Peresh was using at the NAMA show)

Also my sales are NOT showing in my Operator Dash Board...but Payrange has found the fix and will be deploying it in a day or two.

I will keep you up dated.

Thanks

Del

Yup, here we go again with the vending operators being the beta testers.  I wish these new devices would be fully tested and that ALL known issues would be disclosed in the documentation so these problems aren't encountered.  But this is US manufacturing where businesses don't think any of the details matter.

Yes, sounds complicated. Especially with some people keeping their older smartphones and the non compatibility of apps and software (iPhone/android) that can't be upgraded. I can only imagine customers getting annoyed at the machines.

I could no longer use my earpiece once I bought a new android phone, and with my new phone even regular SMS text messages fail. My commercial bank app is unavailable and fails sometimes.

Don't think we're there yet, at least not tomorrow, lol..

It also will not work on the Dixie Narco 501E HVV vending machine - I couldn't get it to work with or with out the USA card reader installed.  My machine acts really funny with it installed....and the machine will not vend at all with it installed by its self.

Is anyone have good success with PayRange?  I am not having any good luck.

It also will not work on the Dixie Narco 501E HVV vending machine - I couldn't get it to work with or with out the USA card reader installed.  My machine acts really funny with it installed....and the machine will not vend at all with it installed by its self.

Is anyone have good success with PayRange?  I am not having any good luck.

I'm sorry you are still having trouble with your first one.  Have you spoken to their tech support and what is their response?  How they deal with problems will dictate how good this supplier will be.

I received my PayRange this week but haven't had a chance to install it yet.  All my machines are AMS visi-combo's and a Bevmax 2.  I did notice the app is only for iPhones and I have an Android so I'm gonna have to steal my wife's phone for testing.

Update:

PayRange works perfectly with out the USA Card reader connected....pretty fast

(actually faster then using money....as soon as you Vend your product the remaining balance is immediately returned to your account)

I talked to Paresh and he was telling me some of the older MDB machines would ONLY allow for 1 cashless device and almost all the new machines now days will accept 2 cashless devices.  (I ordered a New Software update for my DN5591 - 30.81 to see if that helps- Currently I use 30.5)

I am going to test it further this week on my USI machine and my AMS Sensit II machine - both newer machines.

(my USI machine is the same machine Peresh was using at the NAMA show)

Also my sales are NOT showing in my Operator Dash Board...but Payrange has found the fix and will be deploying it in a day or two.

I will keep you up dated.

Thanks

Del

Any more updates.. did you get it to work with your DN5591?

Yes it will work with the 5591 if you don't have a card reader installed....I have readers installed on all my machines. I have not tried it on my newer ams or use machine yet.

Every time I install it on my DN 501E it wipes out all the programming and I have to reorogra the machine again....it won't work at on my 501e

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Every time I install it on my DN 501E it wipes out all the programming and I have to reorogra the machine again....it won't work at on my 501e

Is there a software upgrade for the 501e that will fix this?

Del- how did you get your device? Did you order it directly? I ordered mine just after the NAMA show but have not rec'd it yet. I am anxious to play with it. How long did it take you to get yours?

Not available in Canada for at least another year. I am very surprised that there is no android app for this. A majority of people use android for petes sake! I do like that no cell signal is needed. Only wifi.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Hey CVending...I ordered mine directly from PayRange website when they first opened up at end of March.

I think PayRange will be a GREAT device if you don't use another cashless system (credit Card reader)

All my Vending Machines have USA Card Readers in them and PayRange will not work with them so far.

(So far I have tested Dixie Narco 5591, Dixie Narco 501EHVV and  USI with a New GVC2 Control board)

I will be testing my AMS vending machine next

As soon as I hook up my Payrange  the Reader automatically goes to "Unable to Accept Cards"

Disconnecting my USA Card Readers is NOT an option as I need reporting ....Plus with PayRange you will not GET cash sales or Dex Data.

But I did receive my first deposit from Payrange and it was accurate for all my test vends.

It is a very neat device......I just wished it worked.....I would love to have a list of Vending Machines that you are allowed to have 2 Cashless devices hooked up...I cant find any.

I am hoping some more members will be testing it out soon.

I received my first (test) unit today. It says it can only be connected to one phone at a time. It is not meant to be used as a sales unit. Just for testing. Doesn't make sense to me. How can it be tested if it will only work with my phone? I can't ask others to download the app and then not use it!!!

Have any of you guys spoken to Payrange about these issues yet?  I still can't believe that they would make such a large presentation at the national show with a product that doesn't work and has limitations like what you're finding.  It is really sad that this supplier can't figure out how vending machines work and doesn't apparently field test their products before selling them.

Yes..I talked to Patel...The vending machine has to be able to accept 2 cashless devices. I even test it on the same exact machine model that Patel used at NAMA....but he did not have a card reader attached. I went back the presentation several times. I don't think this was ever designed to be a 2nd cashless device...I think it's meant as an alternative to card readers...not both

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I decided not to install my test device today. When I walked into the break room of this account, there were eight people in there...all with Android phones! Any idea when PayRange will be available for Android users?

I tested my sample device yesterday. Was not as simple as advertised. I finally was able get it to work after a few calls to,Payrange. Some adjustments needed to my phone and coding error by Payrange. Now seems to be working fine. But sample has limitations.

Archived