PayRange

AZ, payrange doesn't use DEX data, it uses MDB data. The problem is that same because the data isn't standardized across manufacturers. I have run into this with differences between Dixie Narco (which has been more consistent since DEX inception) vs Royal, where I have had to upgrade PCB's to get USAT eports to communicate. The very few DN's that needed upgrades was simply an EPROM. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks:  Next time Im at the account I'll check the version of software on the machine and the version of the bluetooth.  I just got these units around the 15th of Jan so they probably are the latest version but Ill check it out and let you know.  Thanks again.

It may be that the firmware on the bluetooth device needs to be updated. I believe it must be up to version 11 for it to report cash & and cashless. When you are in front of the machine in question, roll your money up onto the machine. The with 2 fingers double tap on the dollar signs on the trailing edge of the dollar. That will tell you what version you are using as well as the signal strength. If it is not version 11, leave the money on the machine and it will update. DO NOT let the phone go into sleep mode. It may take 6-7 minutes to complete. When it is done, the money will roll back off the machine and into your account. Then power down the machine and power back up. Recheck the firmware version just as earlier. Once it is to this version there will be no need to power off/on machine after further updates. They will be done seamlessly.

Did your free vend situation get resolved?

AZ, payrange doesn't use DEX data, it uses MDB data. The problem is that same because the data isn't standardized across manufacturers. I have run into this with differences between Dixie Narco (which has been more consistent since DEX inception) vs Royal, where I have had to upgrade PCB's to get USAT eports to communicate. The very few DN's that needed upgrades was simply an EPROM. 

Yeah, I keep forgetting that Payrange doesn't use DEX per se, but it does have to access DEX if it's going to report cash sales. 

Chris, I did resolve the free vend situation. It was what they call a deferred transaction. Apparently no one else tried using the PayRange since I was there and it held it in memory until I logged in again. Then it transmitted the sale. Needless to say, I pulled the unit and am trying it in another machine elsewhere. They just were not using it. I am getting reports mobile and cash sales now from the website.

I noticed this on there site,

If you’re a manufacturer or OEM, contact us and we’ll work together to customize a PayRange BluKey™ device for your type of machine – whether that’s amusement, laundry, parking, transit kiosks, or whatever you have that accepts payment!

anyone know if this means they will be adding payrange for other things like say claw machines? I think this would work well with kids as most kids now have cell phones.

thanks for the info!!!

And for those that have amusement too, this is a reply i got today from them so cant wait!!!

Yes, we are launching the amusement version of the BluKey at the 2015 Amusement Expo (March 25 and Friday, March 26), at the Las Vegas Convention Center. We will be in booth 1215. If you are not planning to attend, I will retain your contact information and update you when the product has launched. Please let me know if you have any questions.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived