Price for Bulk Route in South Florida

unitedexpress

I have been offered an established route in South Florida that might be up for sale. The route consists of about 40 locations with double and triple heads on each location. Talking to the owner, they state that the route nets about $1000 per month.

What is a good price to offer for this route? I still have not seen what kind of machines are set on the different locations, but I think that they are Oaks.

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have bought lots of routes

they never make what they say!

focus more on the equipment value and if its in an area that works good for you.

I doubt that if its only 40 locations they have tax document to varify so they may only have a spread sheet with numbers, that why the machine value is the best way to go plus a little extra for the location.

good luck

I live in Michigan but I was planning a trip to Florida in a few weeks so I have been searching craigslist in Florida to see if there were any good deals on used machines. I must have seen at least 4 or 5 routes for sale in Florida and what seemed like good prices but there is nothing like that where I live. The reason I mention this is you could use this as a negotiation tool when bargaining with these sellers. As in "if you don't give me a good price, I'll buy one of these other routes instead". Not only that but depending on how centrally you are located within Florida, you may be able to buy a few of these. It does kinda make me wonder with so many routes for sale in one state if there is some reason for it???

The reason there are so many routes for sale in Florida is you have a majority of seniors living there. They are retired and they buy thses biz ops and when they realize that the locations are junk and they paid way too much for the equipment they bail or they lose interest. They don't realize you have to refine your route with better locations all the time. That is why you will find an occasional location owner asking if that vendstar is your machine because they haven't seen the owner in about. 9 months. This business is not for the faint hearted one, you must be strong and remain strong in order to survive the ups and downs of this business.

This business is not for the faint hearted one, you must be strong and remain strong in order to survive the ups and downs of this business.

So true, but this can also be said for any business. Its just that different businesses have different challenges.

What I have been paying lately for routes is pretty much the price of the equipment and a little more if it looks like it is a decent location. I have been averaging anywhere from $15 (single heads) to $70 (triples) per machine located. I would offer about anywhere from $1500 to $2000 for the route, depending on what you see, if you like it or not and build it from there and get rid of the slow locations and always upgrade your machines and try to get up some racks.

I am looking to purchase routes in South Florida, if you know of any route that you are not interested, please contact us in order to take a look at it.

Also, if you are wanting to offload some of your unwanted equipment, please contact us at seaandsunvending@gmail.com

Good luck with your route.

Unless there are a lot of racks included in the route, netting $1000 per month sounds very unrealistic. A good route with 40 locations would probably gross around $800 per month; net would be closer to $500. This is assuming the route was developed by a real pro who can get $20 per month per location. That's tough to do, especially as you get bigger. If the combination of equipment and product aren't optimal, you're numbers will be even less. This guy needs to show some records to prove his revenue claims. I'd even ask for a one month trial to prove it. Tell him to let you service the route for a month to verify that it's making what he claims.

• 11 months later...

$1000 is tough to net with candy in So FL. Moisture and etc. Have never seen any candy operator last very long.  Here it almost a joke to biz owners to let a machine be placed. The Biz owners have seen all sorts of abandoned equipment and spoiled m&ms, ant filled, melted skittles, rock hard faded white gumballs, etc  

We are always looking for NorthWestern toys and gumball machines for sale on location and we can work with as little as $7.00 per MONTH. 

Sticker and tattoo machines in the hotest locations only make around $30 per MONTH.  

Lot of PUFFI NG  (polite way of saying lying) goes on in this business. 

Archived