Dixie narco usa-15 bill validator

TKK

Hi guys one of my Pepsi machines is not working properly. Coin mech works. Now it says in the back that a steady flash means its good. What its doing is if you put a dollar it will sound like its trying to take it or the intake mechanism is working but it doesn't even move the bill. Like the dollar activates it but it does not even try to pull it in as if there's a small wall in there not letting it in.

Its a Dixie narco usa 15.

I say throw away the Ardac BA they were junk 25 years ago and time has not been kind to them.

Get yourself a Mars 2511 and a new harness.

Please be aware if your machine has a T connector between the coin mech and the coin mech socket using it with a mars BA will damage the Mars BA.

Walta

What kind or model of bv can replace this one?

It should be working I tried taking it off but I opened the bill box and then pulled the bottom as it states and it only let's you slightly open it then hits a small metal strip so you can't swing it all the way..

If you hear the motor run and it does not move the bill at all I think you have broken belts. Fold down the bill box and then pull back on the lower part of the validator and inspect for broken belts or any blockage. If belts are broken, they can be rrepaired.

What kind or model of bv can replace this one?

It should be working I tried taking it off but I opened the bill box and then pulled the bottom as it states and it only let's you slightly open it then hits a small metal strip so you can't swing it all the way..

Hello, my name is Jonathan, I'll disclose that I work for Pyramid Technologies. We may have a solution for you, and it would keep your bill validator working hassle free and under warranty for the next two years. You could purchase a single Price Harness and a Jones Plug for $24.73 directly from us. This should make it compatible with our acceptors. I believe your business is located in Texas so you could go through Betson Enterprises to purchase our product. Betson's number is 877-638-4900. I would also recommend speaking with our skilled technicians, you can directly reach them at 480-641-9733. They could assess any compatibility issues you may have, and make sure you recieve the correct model. If you have any other questions or concerns you can email me directly at jdurst@pyramidacceptors.com

I think you should of PM'd TKK with your advice instead of advertising your services which if I'm not mistaken is a breach of the contract you read before signing up.

Sorry I just started on this message board. My intention was to be helpful and offer a possible solution. Is there a way I can delete the post?

Will contact soon. I found a YouTube vid of how to take it apart. If I remove and bring home the validator will the exposed hole leave anyecposure to the machine? I saw some on eBay for cheap mars ones I just don't know which plug it needs

The usa 15 validator is obsolete. Take Walta's advice and throw it away. Get the Mei 2511 and harness and replace it. I have been throwing away the USA 15 for years. D and S vending or Vendors Exchange will be able to answer all your questions and supply you with what you need.

In my opinion it is too late in the life cycle of the Coinco BA and Mag series products to be a buyer.

The reliability of this equipment is falling fast and the parts cost is on a rapid climb.

I think in 3 years BA30 will be as unpopular as USA are today.

Walta

In my opinion it is too late in the life cycle of the Coinco BA and Mag series products to be a buyer.

The reliability of this equipment is falling fast and the parts cost is on a rapid climb.

I think in 3 years BA30 will be as unpopular as USA are today.

Walta

Yep,

I've been steadily replacing my BA30's with the VN2500s for awhile now (don't forget the harness and proper bezel) I'll be starting on the Mag series this coming year.

Yep,

I've been steadily replacing my BA30's with the VN2500s for awhile now (don't forget the harness and proper bezel) I'll be starting on the Mag series this coming year.

Are you replacing just because or do you wait until it dies and then replace with newer technology?

Are you replacing just because or do you wait until it dies and then replace with newer technology?

A little of both Mission. If I'm refurbishing a machine in my shop I always update the validator to the Mei VN2511. In addition, I've updated the BA in all of my high volume machines where a bad BA can really hurt sales if I don't get a call or find out on my own right away.

With slower machines I wait until the BA30 gets "balky" before I swap it out. I have about 4 BA30's left out 30 machines placed and a couple of Mag50's.

I always carry a spare MeiVN2511, harness and both bezels in my van so I can swap them out quick when the time comes.

Ps. For any newbies reading this, the lower sensors in the BA30 are very easy to access and clean. As they face upwards, they tend to get dirty pretty quick in a dusty environment. Just depress the square pad on the bottom and slide that section out to access them - clean with alcohol and Q tips

All the mars validators I see for sale don't have that huge black plug that plugs to the coin mech. Does anyone know how to make them work? How bout

Mars VFM3S-L1-D4C Bill Acceptor 117VAC Takes $1's, $2's, & $5's

Archived