Stuff you dont notice right away

like working late at night and half asleep,

and you just filled a apartment snack machine,

and you lock up and bring the stock back to your car,

then you remember you forgot to get the bills and check the changer, and get back to the machine and get ready to open it,

and notice 2 white mice doing the happy dance on a row of honey buns... seems this building has people dumping small pets when they move away. and some tossed away pet mice built a nest near your machine and are using your machine for a cafeteria.

hmm, the things you find working late at night.

Make sure you don't have any openings in the cabinet that they might come in through, like around the power cord or openings on the back for auxiliary harnesses.  They can also get in around the delivery door, so you probably want to put some traps in the machine and then keep an eye on all your products for awhile because they will eat everything.  Just a nibble here and a nibble there.

Or the (rats) that sneak across the border and rip the door open eat all the product, steal the money, and the cops say (we can write you a report). Because their is nothing they can do.

mike

Or the (rats) that sneak across the border and rip the door open eat all the product, steal the money, and the cops say (we can write you a report). Because their is nothing they can do.

mike

you mean you have had machines decimated by starving aliens?

I am not that close to the border, so I am lucky.

that is sort of funny and sad at the same time.

"jose, do you see that big box of food sitting there?

si juan, lets break it open and there will be a feast tonight, si"

now you know why no one wants to put a 7-11 near the border.

you mean you have had machines decimated by starving aliens?

I am not that close to the border, so I am lucky.

that is sort of funny and sad at the same time.

"jose, do you see that big box of food sitting there?

si juan, lets break it open and there will be a feast tonight, si"

now you know why no one wants to put a 7-11 near the border.

Yes by the ones with no green cards! 

Business one mile from my house with about 75 of them!

Was shipped in by owner from Texas.

Yes by the ones with no green cards! 

Business one mile from my house with about 75 of them!

Was shipped in by owner from Texas.

Gator bait Mike

Dealing with the rodent issue as well at an auto shop location... they ate thru an exposed low voltage harness wiring the first time; now they gnawed out a plastic plug in a wiring port and got into the snack machine to have a feast!  I cleaned everything out and left it empty to make sure they got out, going back to plug up the port with a METAL cover....

Dealing with the rodent issue as well at an auto shop location... they ate thru an exposed low voltage harness wiring the first time; now they gnawed out a plastic plug in a wiring port and got into the snack machine to have a feast!  I cleaned everything out and left it empty to make sure they got out, going back to plug up the port with a METAL cover....

I think mine are gnawing thru the fan vent screens.

Well where else would we ship them? ;D

Maybe back to where they came from.

.................. you guys really need to think about dredging that "river" - maybe Mike could send you some gators as an extra deterrent.  B)

I think mine are gnawing thru the fan vent screens.

Time to get some hardware cloth on that vent.

It comes in different gauges.

Pick one that'll keep those rodents out (recommend nothing above 18) and attach it to your vent.

That hardware cloth is like material used on screen doors, but heavier-duty.

Yet, it will still allow your vent to breathe.

It works like a charm on keeping rodents out of homes...it will work on your machine too.

Sorry, did not mean to hijack this thread to talk about feeding the big rats from across that smelly little stream to some hungry gator's!

mike

rats are too fast for gators

but the gators do love fast food thou

Archived