Advise please

orsd

First never move a soda machine with product in it.

Most U-Haul’s doors are just under 6 foot tall so most machines do not fit when tipped on a dolly.

Can one 98 pound guy pull it up a ramp? No.

Can two 220 pound guys that move equipment together every day do this job? No problem.

By the time you rent a truck and pay your helper for another 30 buck a pro would likely do the job for you.

Walt

Is it a good idea to pull a full size soda up a uhaul ramp with a dutro dolly?

It's not a good idea to pull a full sized soda machine up a ramp with anything short of a gorilla - save the pain and save the truck rental and just hire somebody who knows how to do it

The problem with the Uhaul and the ramp is that the ramp might not hold the weight and then when you get it to the top, you will still have to pull it over more on the large wheels to clear the rollup door.  A liftgate rated at 1000+ lbs should do the job, but a tuck under will start with the machine leaning away from the truck possibly sliding off the gate before it gets level about 1/2 way up.  If this would be on a box truck too, then you will have to tip it over to clear the door.  A lift gate on a pickup or open bed truck will be the easiest, especially if the liftgate is a Tommylift, Eagle lift, Anthony lift, or any other level platform lift.

Am I the only person here who despises doorways with a raised bottom? We moved a 501E, a 431 sandwich and a 7000 snack with a revision door through a 34 inch door and the lip on the floor was like 4 inches high, we had to put 2X4's on the jack to get the legs to clear, the door had to come off the snack, and the sandwich just slipped through.

Just hire someone. I pay a local guy that moves machines. He hat ask the right equipment. I pay $60 an hour. I usually get away paying less than the $60. Well worth it.

My first move was two Dixie 368s. One dolly, one Ryder Truck with lift gate, and three other guys. Over $200 later and a lot of stress and aggravation...never again

Am I the only person here who despises doorways with a bottom? We moved a 501E, a 431 sandwich and a 7000 snack with a revision door through a 34 inch door and the lip on the floor was like 4 inches high, we had to put 2X4's on the jack to get the legs to clear, the door had to come off the snack, and the sandwich just slipped through.

I hate them too . . .  But the more I think about it there not really that big of a deal . . . .Typically it just makes me have to have a 2nd person to assist with getting through the doorway. . . . More of an annoyance than anything.   What exactly is their purpose? . . . .   Its a conspiracy by people who move vending machines to get people who don't to pay them to do it.

Archived