$/bottle from Pepsi or Coke

jerrybrecko

We use Pepsi Vending Machines 20oz bottles case of 24.  Our sales rep was charging us $17.50/case ($0.73/ea) or $14.77/case ($0.61/ea) if we bought 10 or more which we always do.

Sometime without us knowing they jacked the price to $22/case ($0.92/ea) saying that they had to raise their prices.

He just lowered it to $18.51/case($0.77/ea ) whether we buy 1 or 50 cases.

What is everyone else paying for 20oz bottles.

If you are leasing the machines from Pepsi keep in mind that their prices include letting you use their machines without having to purchase them.  They will also move/place their machines for you & fix any major problems you may have, all you have to do is call them & let create a repair ticket.  They will send out a repair tech & in most instances have the issue fixed same day or within 24 hours.

Regarding price increases Pepsi has sent me a letter notifying me at least 1 to 2 months in advance whenever they are going to increase their prices.  If you have not received one of these letters I would suggest that you make sure that the department that sends the letters has your correct address on file.

Pepsi has a minimum requirement per order of 15 cases so If you were getting the product for less than 85 to 90 cents per bottle then someone at Pepsi must have messed up & they have not been charging you properly.  The prices you are now paying are in line with their current prices. Pepsi uses a tiered system for pricing their product meaning the more you sell  (i.e. the higher up the tier you are the lower you can buy the product for).  I forget what the first price break tier is at but its somewhere around 2,000 or 3,000 cases per year.  Once you hit that they you will see your first price break & you should be able to get 20oz bottles for less than what you are currently paying. 

If you are leasing the machines from Pepsi keep in mind that their prices include letting you use their machines without having to purchase them.  They will also move/place their machines for you & fix any major problems you may have, all you have to do is call them & let create a repair ticket.  They will send out a repair tech & in most instances have the issue fixed same day or within 24 hours.

They just haven't caught up with you Mojorhino... In Kansas they no longer deliver vendors to location. Only to a warehouse or in some cases to your driveway. Also they very seldom do any repairs for 3 party. They will supply parts but sometimes that takes to long. Local warehouses have no parts except what a service tech may have on their trucks.

Here they only repair vendors when someone was unable to diagnose it themselves and then they might get charged $75.00 for the call. I am surprised they haven't got caught up with you yet.  Hope they don't.  :)

Having to re-post due to running out of edit time

The still relocate machines here . .  Just had one moved about a month ago.

They still repair machines here. .  . In the past 6 months I have called in several repairs

• 3 of them were coin mech / validator replacements (fixed within 24 hours)
  • 2 of them were machine freezing up issues (1 was fixed within 24 hours - I met the tech at the machine & he showed me how to diagnose & replace the thermostat) the other took several repair calls because they kept trying to fix it but the machine still kept freezing up, they even replaced the compressor 2 times.  They finally fixed that one also but I am not sure exactly what they did because I was working my day job every time the tech went to the machine. I think it was that the door was not sealing properly but never could get a straight answer on that one.

They still give you the parts you need here. . .  They just don't typically have them in stock you have to look up the part #'s & submit an order form then they order them for you.

• Just got & replaced light bulbs in all my Pepsi machines. 
  • I also got bottle shims & upgraded several DN 501E & 276E machines recently to take exactly what the site's wanted.
  • I also had an older DN 440 that kept getting stuck I did some research & found out that 2 columns were missing shims & they ordered them for me. All I had to do was pick them up & put them in the machine.
  • gallery_6992_160_1504042.jpg
  • gallery_6992_160_867821.jpg

If they were to do what you were talking about here then there would be no point in me doing business with them.

I have both. I work full time so I try to put Pepsi assets at the M-F 8-5 locations & put my own machines at locations that have extended hours. That way if I have any major problems Pepsi can get to the ones I can't due to being at work.

I have not done business directly with Pepsi for years now, but Coke has made quite a few changes to their program over the last couple of years.

I used to be able to go to the plant and pick up whatever part I needed, now I have to order parts from Florida. If I call for a tech its the same, if a part is needed they have to order it.

As you can all see, every region has a different bottler and a different policy on everything from parts to moves to product costs to what repairs they will do for you.  These policies are constantly evolving and what the bottler does this month might not be what they do next month.  This is true for both Coke and Pepsi bottlers, but I believe the Coke bottlers are more likely to be consistent among their branches due to most of them being under the Coca Cola Enterprises umbrella now, as Coke is continuing to buy up their regional bottlers.

Here in the Maricopa County market (Phoenix) in Arizona Pepsi, who for the last few years has been terrific on service calls as to promptness and repair quality, but they just recently changed from having service techs dedicated to certain parts of the valley here to scattering the techs to any service call they choose to dispatch them to.  This has caused the response time to change to a week or more and the machine might not be repaired properly.  The real problem is that vending operators who came to develop a good relationship with their repair tech will now not know who will be at their machine or how good they are.  It has created havoc among the vendors here all because Pepsi reorganized the repair division.  This is a prime example of how things can change overnight and generally change is not good.

Here in this market, both bottlers will deliver machines to the location and will supply parts if you call ahead or, in Coke's case, submit an order form 24 hours ahead.  This applies to all parts including labels.  Both bottlers require you to take care of coin and bill jams, change your own pricing and generally maintain the machine.  They will replace bad mechs and validators, compressors and control boards.  Vandalism is now billed out to the vendor. 

Moving machines from one location to another is a logistical nightmare for them, so all you 3rd party vendors out there need to cut them some slack.  The delivery guys are on a schedule and picking up a machine at location X to deliver to location Y generally won't fit into their schedule.  They are more likely to pick the machine up on one day and return it to the bottler, then if they are willing to store it, they will redeliver on a different day - you just have to wait.  The best way to do moves is to not do moves - request a pickup from X and at the same time request a new machine delivery for location Y.  It's much cleaner and simpler that way for the bottler.  If they offer to move from X to Y for you then it's a bonus.  Way too many machines get lost in the bottler system after they are picked up.

I hear a lot of negative things about  third party vending in general. I also here many negative things about CCE third party program there territory is close by us. We are in the Coca Cola United area they are very easy to deal with they move the machines, and  service the machines. Pepsi is joke in our area. I think a combo of bottler and your own machine works best.

The coke machines where I work at, if one breaks it will take at least three weeks before it is fixed. They will come take all the product out of machine and it will sit there empty until it is fixed by a tech. Then the route man shows up and refills machine a couple of days later.

Seen this with my own eyes.

The coke machines at the school I teach at are a prime example of coke not caring. The kids empty the two they have access to in less than 2 weeks. They only come by monthly. One of these machines had been broken since April, and the other since September. I look at all the money I could have made and just shake my head.

The coke machines at the school I teach at are a prime example of coke not caring. The kids empty the two they have access to in less than 2 weeks. They only come by monthly. One of these machines had been broken since April, and the other since September. I look at all the money I could have made and just shake my head.

I service a school with snacks only. Pepsi has the school system account. However, the school fills the Pepsi machines. I do about $700/mo just on snacks. The two Pepsi machines next to my snack are always empty. The bookkeeper complains about my low commission, I tell her to keep the Pepsi machines filled...

Biggest mistake I made so far as a vendor.....becoming a TPO.....third party officer! Those coke machines were just junk, those pepsi machines were even worse. I would wait hours, days and even months for the stupid techs to show up. I put an end to that real quick. I TOOK CARE OF BUSINESS! I leased a few machines and then bought a few. I bought a new drink machine ( vendo) and everything seemed to work better. The machine did not smell, the buttons were not sticky, the dents were not present and the machine accepted money. I was very surprised how well a Vendo 10 select worked! Now I sell coke and pepsi products, sell Sam's 20oz water ( costs 17 pennies) and the uptime is 100%. I buy coke and pepsi for around .20 cents a can, I vend 24oz bottles for $2 bucks and every one loves it! I took care of my business, my needs and now I am virtually service call free on 225 vending machines! Quality machines don't cost....they save! Coke and Pepsi..kiss my golpher!

Hey jerrybrecko.....start vending 24oz bottles. They cost around .50 cents each. They are larger than 20oz bottles. Your customers will love ya for selling 24oz soda for the price of 20oz soda. Your competiton will have a hard time trying to steal your account! 24oz is the way to go! These 24oz bottles are sold at every grocery store in America....I know this cause I cross border shop..eh! Phone your Pepsi rep up and tell em what YOU REALLY think of his price increase.....go on, just do it! It feels great! Take care of business! Your customers will love it!

Is that at regular price? 12 packs? I think its stupid sams sells Cokes as.much or even.higher than walmart. Whats the point of buying in bulk and pay a membership. Im sure just a 5c decrease id save like 6k a year

Archived