GIII Password Protected Menu

I bought a RVCC-RCA804-9S a few days ago.

I downloaded the manual.

I believe I found the controller board and the button I need to push to enter service mode is red, correct?

I push the red button and I get StS (maybe not exaclty, but something similar. I am not near the machine now. I push the appropriate buttons and I get to see, Eror, CPO, tUFL, tESt, and PASS

CPO - I got nickels and dimes out successfully. 

tUFL - Haven't figured this out yet, but I will experiment tomorrow.

tESt - Tested all 12 columns and did not get an error message. Is an error message supposed to come up?

PASS - I got to the point where the screen went blank, I pressed the buttons 4-3-2-1 in order. I want 4-3-2-1 to be the password. I think I set the password, but I can not figure out how to get into the password protected menu. How do I get to the password protected menu so I can set price?

StS - I believe this is where I set what selection goes to what column. How do I do this? I pressed selection 7 - This is supposed to set the machine to have selection 1 vend form column 1, 2, and 3 - from some testing I learned that it did not. Selection 2 vends column 2. I would appreciate if someone can tell me how to set selections to columns.

Those are my questions from my 5th day of using a vending machine :D

Thanks

Eror - I don't remember what I did with this, but I am pretty sure I explored the menu and found the other options.

The password is 4, 2, 3, 1.  Not the password you typed.  Remembering that button 4 is your Enter button, when PASS is shown, press Enter, then the password.  If the display only shows PASS again then try it this way:  At PASS press the password and finish with the Enter button.  One of those methods will get you past the password. 

As to the space-to-sales, it is very complicated to explain here so since you have the manual just thoroughly read the section on STS and then apply it to your machine.  Keep in mind that you want your front columns to have good selling products in them so they will sell down allowing you to reach the columns in the back.  It's common to slave some of the front columns together to accomplish that and there are several pre-programmed STS settings in the machine to use.  You will find a diagram on the inner door showing them.  You can use the CON setting to select one of the preset layouts and never have to use STS.  Again, read the manual so you are familiar with this.

You are beginning with one of the more complicated machines when you should be starting out with simple, single priced can machines.  Your learning curve is going to be very steep if you don't simplify your equipment use.

The password is 4, 2, 3, 1.  Not the password you typed.  Remembering that button 4 is your Enter button, when PASS is shown, press Enter, then the password.  If the display only shows PASS again then try it this way:  At PASS press the password and finish with the Enter button.  One of those methods will get you past the password. 

As to the space-to-sales, it is very complicated to explain here so since you have the manual just thoroughly read the section on STS and then apply it to your machine.  Keep in mind that you want your front columns to have good selling products in them so they will sell down allowing you to reach the columns in the back.  It's common to slave some of the front columns together to accomplish that and there are several pre-programmed STS settings in the machine to use.  You will find a diagram on the inner door showing them.  You can use the CON setting to select one of the preset layouts and never have to use STS.  Again, read the manual so you are familiar with this.

You are beginning with one of the more complicated machines when you should be starting out with simple, single priced can machines.  Your learning curve is going to be very steep if you don't simplify your equipment use.

The upside is, once you figure out the programming.  this machine does not require any special shims or rods to change products (my personal nemesis).  I find it inane that you even need a password since everybody knows it's 4231.  The most common problem I've found is that people forget to enter (#4) after punching in the password.

The upside is, once you figure out the programming. this machine does not require any special shims or rods to change products (my personal nemesis). I find it inane that you even need a password since everybody knows it's 4231. The most common problem I've found is that people forget to enter (#4) after punching in the password.

I hear you. It is essentially 42314 lol...

I do want to say that it DOES require adjustment of the stock rods but they work well. Don't confuse him.

You have to adjust the rods to switch between bottles and cans. ( Some of the tea products need the can setting, too. ) And the front and back stops. Still easier to adjust than a Vendo. 

As far as the STS goes, when you do a test, you're just testing that specific column. To actually test the STS, you have to put money in and vend. 

For some reason on the g3s the left 2 columns dont do well with bottles. My powerades would keep landing retardedly and wouldnt drop. Theyd hit the chute before falling and stay like 90 percent out

Thank you for the advice about 42314. I will try it out and get it work my way to the sTs menu.

Set the machine up for a preferable set up where my top sellers have 3 or 2 columns, and test it out with money.

The machine was set to 20oz bottles for $1.50. I am going to adjust the price per oz to 12oz cans and it is 90 cents a can. 

I'll get to the machine tomorrow morning and test it out!

The locator who I hired is http://localcustomerfactory.com/ found him from here http://losangeles.backpage.com/BusinessForSale/300-vending-machine-locations-w90-day-warranty/41142258

He has given daily updates and sent me two prospective locations he is in communication with two make a deal. I went to the locations and they are senior apartments with busy pools.

Thank you for the advice and I'll report back

Thank you for the advice about 42314. I will try it out and get it work my way to the sTs menu.

Set the machine up for a preferable set up where my top sellers have 3 or 2 columns, and test it out with money.

The machine was set to 20oz bottles for $1.50. I am going to adjust the price per oz to 12oz cans and it is 90 cents a can. 

The locator who I hired is http://localcustomerfactory.com/ found him from here http://losangeles.backpage.com/BusinessForSale/300-vending-machine-locations-w90-day-warranty/41142258

He has given daily updates and sent me two prospective locations he is in communication with two make a deal. I went to the locations and they are senior apartments with busy pools.

Glad to hear that you found a decent locator in LA area.  I tried that route when I first started and ended up with nothing but scoundrels and charlatans.

For some reason on the g3s the left 2 columns dont do well with bottles. My powerades would keep landing retardedly and wouldnt drop. Theyd hit the chute before falling and stay like 90 percent out

I have the same problem with mine only my powerade is all the way to the right columns, and hang up on back column. I guess I will have to move the columns around and see what happens.

Just glad it not to often.

Glad to hear that you found a decent locator in LA area.  I tried that route when I first started and ended up with nothing but scoundrels and charlatans.

I've heard way too many horror stories from small vendors. Scoundrels and charlatans sounds about right.

i would avoid .90 -try 1 dollar or 75 cents- not many people carry or use dimes, so your coin mech storage tube will drain and you'll have to refill them often

since people have and use quarters, they will refill your tubes when they buy a drink

Archived