Cart..

sprint54fan

Ive been looking for a soda machine dolly and found one close to home. Guy wants 125.00 OBO for this unit. However I borrowed this exact same cart from Rc/7up to move a machine and that one had a metal strip that went over the top of the machine and attached to the side/top and then it had a strap that clamped down in the clamp on the cart..the cart this guy has doesnt have the metal strip with strap..can this unit still be used safely?

Coke just placed a unit for me Monday and they used a cart like this and they put the machine on the cart with the bubble front leaned on the cart and didnt strap the unit down at all and they did it just fine.

so what is everyones thoughts on this cart as is? I could probably get her for 100 bill..

cart

cart2

cart1

That is a Dutro which looks fairly used and abused.  Make sure there aren't any cracks in the welds before you get it.  It does have the lever for the metal bar and strap that you've seen before so all you need is a new bar and strap.  I can send you one if you get this dolly.  I use one of these with the bar and strap and I wouldn't go back to the wrap-around straps again. 

The way Coke does it is because that's all those guys do all day long and they choose to not move machines safely.  Their main interest is the speed with which they can get the job done.  Your choice should be to do it safely.  You can move a bubble front machine from the front, just be careful it doesn't shift on you because of too much weight on one side of the dolly.

Don't waste your time with a refrigerator dolly if you're moving anything larger than a video game.  Keep in mind that you get what you pay for.  If you need to move vending machines then a new dolly designed to handle that weight and with kick out rear wheels will run you $500 - $600.  It's money well spent if you will be moving alot of machines.  If you will rarely move one then pay someone who knows what they're doing to move your machines.  They will have the right equipment an experience to do it properly.

Like AZ said don't waste your time or money buying these flimsy dolly's.

Their not made to carry the weight of american made vending machines, and will put you or a buddy in hospital!

Since we don't know where your located, spend the money to buy the proper equipment or hire some body to move your machine.

cajun 

I have probably spent over $1,200 this year on moving expenses by paying a mover.  I have absolutely positively NO regrets about that.  To do it myself would require a solid investment (Trailer? Truck? Insurance?  Dolly?) and it would require WAY more labor.

I have always moved my own equipment with the exception of ,machines from bottlers. We have a small pallet jack, an UltraLift dolly and a box truck with a lift gate. Having the right equipment is key. Experience is second.

Im picking up the Dutro tomorrow.. trading him 2 tabletop snack machines and 3 single ashland gumball machines (no stands or locks just the machines) for this dolly. I think its a good deal in my book!

Would you like me to send you the top hook bar and strap for it?

Im picking up the Dutro tomorrow.. trading him 2 tabletop snack machines and 3 single ashland gumball machines (no stands or locks just the machines) for this dolly. I think its a good deal in my book!

Why the hell would anyone who knows enough vending to know what a dutro is and use one accept some pos tabletops and Ashlands for one?

He dont know about vending..he owns a resale shop and got this cart in a auction with some other things he bought..he said hes had it for over a year and moved a heavy safe and a gunsafe with this cart and after that its just been sitting in the back and not used for awhile so he decided to sell it for 125.00 or trade for stuff he can sell..i sent pictures of my junk thinking yeah right and hes like yes ill make the deal if u trade all three gum machines and both snack units..i said DEAL DEAL!

Why the hell would anyone who knows enough vending to know what a dutro is and use one accept some pos tabletops and Ashlands for one?

He dont know its called a dutro either..he just calls it a heavy duty soda machine dolly ..

has anyone tried harbor freights dolly?

http://www.harborfreight.com/600-lb-capacity-appliance-hand-truck-60520.html

it seams decent and brand new under $100 with there coupons u can usually get it for $70...

I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole. It's way smaller than you need, and it's pretty much designed for small appliances. It couldn't handle a full sized vending machine. Safety in moving vending machines is very, very important. Remember, vending machines kill more people every year than sharks do. It's a fact.

Archived