Dixie 501T Bill validator issues.

arkhusker

So, I have a 501T with an SII-D board in it. I can't keep a bill validator working. I am on the third one. The last one, I can reset the machine and it works for me once, then the next bill it won't even try to pull.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking pcb but wanted to bounce it off the pro's here

This sounds like a coin mech issue related to the coin tubes. Try the C-D option but instead of paying coins out try dropping them in to fill the tubes. If that makes no difference then make enough coin purchases until coins of each denomination start going to the coin box. Once they do that then try the validator again.

What type of acceptor are you using?

Are the change tubes in the coin mech filled to capacity?

I agree with AZ that the coin mech is more likely to fail and produce your symptoms than the control board.

Walta

Go to diag and run the NT test and see if the validator is taking bills. Run several....... If it works, then  go to CD (coin dump) insert $20 dollars of different coin combinations and see if that works. If not then you most likely have a bad sensor on one of the tubes.

Randy 

On S 11D board NT in the diagnostic menu is Note Acceptor . When going there the bill validator is energised. By pushing selection 1 or 2 it will tell you if the validator is pulse or serial. Inserting a bill it will be pulled in and will remain  there until selection switch 1 is pressed and then the bill is stacked. This can be done for as many bills as you want to test. .

I will humbly eat crow tonight if I am wrong. LOL I will make it into Cajon Soup and share. LOL

Hey Roger dodger.  You're only off by one letter - it's NA for the note acceptor test in the DIAG menu, but you're right in that it would be a great way for him to test his validator!  It's too bad that kind of test isn't available in all machines.

Randy

On S 11D board NT in the diagnostic menu is Note Acceptor . When going there the bill validator is energised. By pushing selection 1 or 2 it will tell you if the validator is pulse or serial. Inserting a bill it will be pulled in and will remain there until selection switch 1 is pressed and then the bill is stacked. This can be done for as many bills as you want to test. .

I will humbly eat crow tonight if I am wrong. LOL I will make it into Cajon Soup and share. LOL

Mike, time to get another royal from mr Morris and bring the road kill stew :)

Randy 

On S 11D board NT in the diagnostic menu is Note Acceptor . When going there the bill validator is energised. By pushing selection 1 or 2 it will tell you if the validator is pulse or serial. Inserting a bill it will be pulled in and will remain  there until selection switch 1 is pressed and then the bill is stacked. This can be done for as many bills as you want to test. .

You'll need to find a 'road kill" crow first if you want to make it a Cajun stew  ;D  ;D  ;D

Hey Roger dodger.  You're only off by one letter - it's NA for the note acceptor test in the DIAG menu, but you're right in that it would be a great way for him to test his validator!  It's too bad that kind of test isn't available in all machines.

I Knew better than to go by memory. Never liked NT for motor test. LOL Also knew better then to think you might have mistaken. I did look later today when I worked on one. But hey I was only off 1 letter. LOL Will never make that mistake again. That crow is nasty!  ;D  ;D

It did (I think) end up being a coin mech issue. The mech was having trouble accepting nickels so I replaced it and used the fill mode to fill the new mech from empty. Seems to have taken care of it. Thanks for the suggestions. It should have been something that occurred to me, especially considering I just dealt with a snack machine giving me "Exact Change Only" with all the mech tubes full. 

Archived