3 Machines 2 locations

The first one is not a combo machine and the second one, while being a fine machine, is way overpriced.

Most of us probably would pass on this.  Not enough income to justify the capitalization it needs.

I agree, i thought this place have potentials with some TLC, besides I'm looking all over within 70 miles range, and its nothing for sale, hiring locators is a NO No, what i seen so far, and I'd hate to give up, as I know i'm capable of doing this, i just need to find the places which obviously is the most important thing..

I really appreciate your and other inputs on this..

I'm not sure the size wise but the last one looks a bit smaller.. What's the fair price for that machine and i make an offer to the owner..

I found this one but its in Alabama..

http://gulfport.craigslist.org/bfd/5012891015.html

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've talked to Charles but never bought any machines from him, he was willing to work with me on price and meet me half way to deliver any machines.

Talking is cheap, buying is expensive!

cajun

I've talked to Charles but never bought any machines from him, he was willing to work with me on price and meet me half way to deliver any machines.

Talking is cheap, buying is expensive!

cajun

I'm not sure i know who Charles is though..

I somehow doubt that Charles will meet you half way  ;D  ;D  ;D

That would've been some sweet of a deal.. Is Charles participating in this forum ??

I agree, i thought this place have potentials with some TLC, besides I'm looking all over within 70 miles range, and its nothing for sale, hiring locators is a NO No, what i seen so far, and I'd hate to give up, as I know i'm capable of doing this, i just need to find the places which obviously is the most important thing..

I really appreciate your and other inputs on this..

I'm not sure the size wise but the last one looks a bit smaller.. What's the fair price for that machine and i make an offer to the owner..

I found this one but its in Alabama..

http://gulfport.craigslist.org/bfd/5012891015.html

The first two are USI machines. not as good as Crane, AP or AMS but they beat the hell out of those Antares abortions.  The price is reasonable and they'd probably do the job, but now you're up to 3 grand for a 300 dollar a month account.

The first two are USI machines. not as good as Crane, AP or AMS but they beat the hell out of those Antares abortions.  The price is reasonable and they'd probably do the job, but now you're up to 3 grand for a 300 dollar a month account.

I still think this location is under performing with the crappy products and machines in place, most likely will do a bit better with a better machine i place, but what do i know i'm a novice to vending..

Was delivery included in the price ?? ;D ;D

I could have drove to him and paid Alabama sales taxes or he would drive to LA and I pay him cash for said machines.

He gave me a good price on a AP four wide and a small delivery price.

I found what I needed here in Louisiana, so I never did buy from him.

As for him being on this forum, I can't answer you.

cajun 

I got the route, now what ? layback and enjoy the retirement ? LMAO..

I will go this weekend to fill the machines, and see how they perform.. Should i change the keys ? I mean the guy who sold me the route seems pretty decent guy..

The likelihood that those locks are the same as your is pretty high.  I don't think I'd waste money on it unless you have a key code on your locks/keys and the code on the new ones is different.

Why do you think you need to drop the price? From $2.00 to $1.25 is huge. I'd check around the area and see where the price point is. It is really hard for most people to raise prices. If the machine is selling product at $2.00 I would be very reluctant to lower them. If ii isn't be careful not to lower them too much. You don't want to leave money on the table.

Never drop the prices, the guy before you was able to get away with it so thats a plus. Good luck, if you do snacks i dont recommend. Youll buy 50 packs of 1 flavor of 1 item in 1 low selling account means stales, means no real profit. Good to get your feet wet, but i never recommend it to anyone to start with combos or 1 or 2 snack machines, atleast 4 or 5

Hey Ted and TKK, THE machine in place is provided by Coke and i don't think it have done well, i thought it might be the prices, however i will talk to the owner to either service it myself or have coke remove it and place my own machine..

I will try to take it over first and see how it does if it dies well to justify the purchase of a replecament.

Ill be keeping the prices at $2 and see how that performs..

Correction.. if it does well, obviously i don't want 8t to die.lol

I'm all for making prices competitive. It's simple economics. The idea is to find the perfect price point that makes the most overall profit. If you sold 10 bottles at $2, and profit $1 per bottle, that's $10. If you sold 25 bottles at $1.50 and made $.50/bottle, that's $12.50.

If $2.00 is normal in your area, keep it that way. It's basic economics.

I'm all for making prices competitive. It's simple economics. The idea is to find the perfect price point that makes the most overall profit. If you sold 10 bottles at $2, and profit $1 per bottle, that's $10. If you sold 25 bottles at $1.50 and made $.50/bottle, that's $12.50.

If $2.00 is normal in your area, keep it that way. It's basic economics.

That's my thought as well, I will give it a shot with the 2 bucks and take it from there..

Angry chris that isnt always the case. Some places you will sell 20 sodas at 1.50 or 2 regardless. Ie laundromats etc. You have to meet demand. Were not wholesalers who sell 100000 a month to make 10000. Some places are simply crap accounts. No matter if you sell at cost or offer every flavor, youll only sell those 20 products a month.

Angry chris that isnt always the case. Some places you will sell 20 sodas at 1.50 or 2 regardless. Ie laundromats etc. You have to meet demand. Were not wholesalers who sell 100000 a month to make 10000. Some places are simply crap accounts. No matter if you sell at cost or offer every flavor, youll only sell those 20 products a month.

That is still economics. Again, the point is to find the perfect price point to maximize overall profit. If people will buy 20 bottles at a laundromat at $2 and also only buy 20 bottles at $1.50, then obviously $2 is the way to go to maximize profits.

Economics depends on "the market" which can be defined as something as small as a household to something as large as the entire globe.

To make a further point, charging $10 for a can of soda will probably yield no sales (thus, no profit) so a higher price doesn't always mean more profit. You could also sell cans for 35 cents and sell 100 and make 5 cents per can for a total of $5... Or you can sell those cans for 75 cents and sell 40 cans and make 45 cents per can for a total of $18.

So yes, economics always applies. And yes, sometimes lowering the price won't help. That's why you need to find out what the normal competitive prices are for that market.

Chris, it makse sense what you saying, but the only way to find out is change the prices..

On another note is it true that you need to purchase the bottles from Coke or Pepsi as they're not the same bottles sold on the store?

To me they look the same..

Chris, it makse sense what you saying, but the only way to find out is change the prices..

On another note is it true that you need to purchase the bottles from Coke or Pepsi as they're not the same bottles sold on the store?

To me they look the same..

This is a very difficult question to answer. The bottlers produce different labels for different reasons (I have no idea why) but the plastic bottle and the product inside should be identical. In fact, things should look so close (if not identical) that the consumer won't notice or care. You are SUPPOSED to buy your product wholesale and then resell it... but to buy things at the grocery store can be cheaper. The bottlers just want to get a better price (for themselves), so they demand that you buy directly from them and resell it. If you OWN the machine though, there isn't much they can do aside from asking the store to refuse to sell you soda. But if it is a bottler-owned machine, they *could* take the machine away.

The consumers shouldn't care.

Archived